Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Jan 12th 2007, 6:34 pm
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by B@lDeR$
I think i have seen your date as 25th Jan on the radio times web site is this you?

Nadia Sawalha presents a series in which British families are given a look at life in Australia ahead of possible migration. The Jones family spend a week sampling the lifestyle in Queensland, but then the reality of what thearecontemplating hits them all.
Good luck and enjoy we are well nervous now three days to go!!!!!
HELLO THANKS FOR THAT YES THIS IS US WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW

TAKE CARE

SARAH
Old Jan 12th 2007, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

uksniper is an unknown quantity at this point

Arkon where are you? Don't leave us, we miss you. NOT.

Just to keep Arkon happy I would like to come out of the closet and say "I'm the Director General of the BBC, so could you all, please watch my new program on BBC from Mon 15 Jan at 0915".

Wow it was such a pleasure getting that off my chest.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I've put in a request on UKNova for someone to record & upload this series. Hopefully someone will & then we will get to see it over here.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

WHO NEED'S CARPET ANYWAY !!
lol - i dont know anyone who has a video recorder either. they tend to use sky+, which is of no use to me. I hope they will re-run the first programme. Or I will go into comet for 3/4hr on Monday and pretend to be interested in a tv.

amazulu - if they do give me a shout and i will log onto it to watch it. x

uksniper - let it drop eh?? she has apologised and explained.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 8:27 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by uksniper

Just to keep Arkon happy I would like to come out of the closet and say "I'm the Director General of the BBC, so could you all, please watch my new program on BBC from Mon 15 Jan at 0915".

thanks for the plug mate however it seems to clash with Jeremy Kyle ... shame
Old Jan 13th 2007, 11:22 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
lol - i dont know anyone who has a video recorder either. they tend to use sky+, which is of no use to me.
Well, we still *do* have an old-fashioned video recorder and no new-fangled sky+ .

If you send me a pm with your address, I'll send you the video (after I've watched it myself )

Gina
Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I've put in a request on UKNova for someone to record & upload this series. Hopefully someone will & then we will get to see it over here.

Good thinkin batman
Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bonny sarah and all,
We are the Larner family from Reading who was lucky enough to have been picked for the WDU show. My family & I went to Perth at the end of September 06. WE HAD AN FANTASIC TIME. We are so looking forward but some what apprehensive in seeing the final show. No one like's seeing themselfs in a picture let alone on national TV.
I can only tell you what I have been told by a researcher of the show, when I phoned them just before christmas. The show is to start on the 15th Jan on day time TV (looking at the times of shows at the moment it looks as if 09:15-10:00) BUT WHO KNOWS! I do know it's a 45 min slot with one family per show. At that time the BBC still hadn't made there minds up in what order to show the familys. The insight the BBC gave us whilst we were out in Aussie was invaluable. I can't thank them enough for all the hard work each team member put in.
If you think I have gone on a bit here wait until the show. lol
The larner's

Just wanted to say - we came to Perth for 4 weeks on a reccie and loved it.... Been here nearly two years now and going home asap. 4x2 for sale in Kingsley + 8mth old Mitsubishi Outlander, + Nissan Navara if anyone is interested. A week living here is NOTHING like real life. All I can say is, it's good for some people and not for others. If you are over 60 you might like it here! I'm gonna get slaughtered for this!!!!:scared:
Old Jan 13th 2007, 2:31 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clougherty family
Just wanted to say - we came to Perth for 4 weeks on a reccie and loved it.... Been here nearly two years now and going home asap. 4x2 for sale in Kingsley + 8mth old Mitsubishi Outlander, + Nissan Navara if anyone is interested. A week living here is NOTHING like real life. All I can say is, it's good for some people and not for others. If you are over 60 you might like it here! I'm gonna get slaughtered for this!!!!:scared:
Why should you be slaughtered for that ?

Thats how you feel about the situation. You at least tried it. Other people dont even try, and spend the rest of their life regretting not trying, and others try it, love it, and never leave.

I have lived in Holland for 20 years and still love it. I came out 14 days after a quick interview, with only a suitcase and 20 quid. been here ever since.

I still love the UK , but can't afford to go back and live the same life as I live now.

I just feel Oz is my next step.

Good luck returning to the UK.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 2:34 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Can you try somewhere else in Australia before coming back to UK?

All the best whatever you decide to do.

Joex
Old Jan 13th 2007, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all

Shame.. but as the others say... at least you tried...

Can you give us any insight to why you are leaving, or what you feel went wrong? What is it, that's so different, that made you return to the UK?

My house is, as we speak, being battered by gale force winds and rain.. We can't go out today, and haven't been able to go out, and "do" things, since before christmas day.. the weather is just continually battering us...

I live on a scottish island, and the ferries are off, daily, due ot advserse weather conditions, but we're not alone, the whole of the UK is beign hammered just now..

I want to be in OZZZZZzzzzzz.... please Mr CO...

Bonny
Old Jan 13th 2007, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
I am gutted - been looking forward to the first programme since OP announced it and low and behold the other half decides to book in having the carpet fitted throughout the house!!! Therefore no aerial and no programme!!! cant even record it as no aerial.
Hi CathnPaul

I've read the thread where someone has kindly offered to tape it for you.

However, do you have cable? as it is BBC1 it will hopefully be repeated on Teleport TV!!!!!

Hope you get to see it..

Louise
Old Jan 14th 2007, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by uksniper

Uksniper

If we were sore losers we wouldn't watch your program,we were the family that you chose not to put forward for your program due to budget?!

Luckily we are not1 and will be watching it tommorrow!
Old Jan 14th 2007, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise
Hi CathnPaul

I've read the thread where someone has kindly offered to tape it for you.

However, do you have cable? as it is BBC1 it will hopefully be repeated on Teleport TV!!!!!

Hope you get to see it..

Louise
Unfortunately we have sky not cable - we dont live in a cable area and yes some lovely lovely person has offered to tape it for me and send it to me. I am so touched you know. cant wait to see it. x
Old Jan 14th 2007, 11:54 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Is there any way that people not in the UK can watch this? I'm in Canada and would love to see it. Is anyone going to post it on the web??

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I just did a quick scroll through and didn't see anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.