Forum Regular

zanderman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Really, do tell!!

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I have had sex that lasted longer!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

I like the idea of watching it but by the time they sit down for the DVD blackmail I start screaming at the TV.

Then there are the ENDLESS votes, the attempt at suspense with the flags and the lingering shots!

I want to kill them all.
OMG the votes...why oh why??!!

They could get a lot more worthy info in by cutting the vote shots, and instead focusing on more realistically priced properties.

But of course, that is too much like reality!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:30 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparky wife

They could get a lot more worthy info in by cutting the vote shots, and instead focusing on more realistically priced properties.

I watched one episode with some people who are thinking of the "big move" and they both said to me............."I thought it was really hard to get out there but they make it look quite easy"

I did suggest that they go on here and have a read up.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

I watched one episode with some people who are thinking of the "big move" and they both said to me............."I thought it was really hard to get out there but they make it look quite easy"

I did suggest that they go on here and have a read up.
That's the problem...the Beeb do make it look so easy. Another forum I look at has peeps talking about it, "I'm going to emigrate...this country is a tip."

Hmmmm, as easy as that. You just say "yep, we're off and OMG, here's our visas!"

Rant over.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparky wife

Would be slightly better if they found homes that they'd actually like to live in! For example, the old bloke who was keen gardener taken to house with a pool and very little garden. Maybe winding the families up makes better viewing in the eyes of the BBC.
But shows is daytime telly and by nature is total garbage, but do get to see various places in Aus and is a very simplistic view of the hole process. The place we're heading to in Aus would never appear on there as has affordable houses and is 30 mins from city, not near beach and not in the country
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Dreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really nice

Have any of these shows featured Tasmania?
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:12 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Oz_Dreamer
Have any of these shows featured Tasmania?
not this series, but i'm sure it was in the last one.
you'll probably be able to find it on the internet somewhere
bec
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:18 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

oh, i tell you what todays show was great
especially the part where the wife said

yep I like this house, but i would move that wall over there, knock that walk in robe out and put it over there:curse::curse:

and dont get me started on the family video's.
i would like to see someone who has actually researched some of the things that are mentioned on the programme to give it an even balance. but that doesnt seem to be the way the good old bbc wants to do it
dont think i will bother watching anymore
bec
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

Kirree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

im a newbie on this site, lets just say i stumbled across it trying to find repeats of last weeks wanted down under.. I watched the series last year which i thought was so much better, i have never seen so many moaning, miserable people i wish i had the opportunity to do it.
We are hoping to move to Perth over the nx few years ( how hard is it to enter the bloody country ). Both my brothers have been living out there for the last 15 years plus and ive had it with the rain.

Nice to find a place where most people are in the same boat
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

I've found this series much more focused on the negatives than the previous series.

It's almost like the families are being shown all the wrong houses for their individual situations (why show a retired person who loves his garden a house without a garden FFS?? It's like they knew he wouldn't be going...), and that Julia woman always says 'but how will they be able to cope without all the support back home...' ...cue tears, 'how will they cope having to drive everywhere instead of things just being a short walk away...' cue moaning kids...

Are they trying to prevent people leaving the UK this time around? Also, I wonder how some of the people believe their lifestyle will change by moving to Australia. If they're not prepared to make small changes here, then how do they think they are going to acheive such massive changes in a different country? They still have to go to work, still have to go to school. Do they think they will not fall into the same routines over there that they are living over here? I thought the young couple in Cairns were absolutely right in saying that if things weren't going to be any different for them over in Cairns then why bother moving at all?

Back to the programme, I always Sky+ it then I can fast forward through the repeated scenes and the emotional blackmail bits
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Katehn will become famous soon enoughKatehn will become famous soon enough

Is anyone else getting pissed off with all the emotional blackmail, extended drama and repeat shots?

If I hear one more relative say "I miss you so much and If you don't come back I will be heartbroken!" I will scream!

They have gone for a week, a week FFS! I have had sex that lasted longer!
I had to reply to this, Your coments cracked me up, i can't stop laughing, i fast forward the rely comments
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kirree
Hi everyone,

im a newbie on this site, lets just say i stumbled across it trying to find repeats of last weeks wanted down under.. I watched the series last year which i thought was so much better, i have never seen so many moaning, miserable people i wish i had the opportunity to do it.
We are hoping to move to Perth over the nx few years ( how hard is it to enter the bloody country ). Both my brothers have been living out there for the last 15 years plus and ive had it with the rain.

Nice to find a place where most people are in the same boat
Just wanteed to say hello and welcome to the mad house. Have you applied for your visa yet?

Tina x

Just wanted to say we don't always moan at everything like we are on this thread (well some do ha ha).
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

mike-Ju will become famous soon enoughmike-Ju will become famous soon enough

Yesterday's show with the fisherman, WTF, he was such a misery, nothing put a smile on his face and who else thinks that the grandmother had deliberatly got that little boy to be as abnoxious as possible so that they wouldn't like it over there.

To me this family looked as though they just wanted a free holiday, how many others have you seen with a video camera attached to their hand at all times?

Anyway, I didn't know fishermen were in short supply in Australia?? I would have thought they had plenty!

All in all apart from the nice young couple, the lovely single mum and one or two young families at the begining of the shows, the rest are a waste of space. Most of this years lot dont really want to go at all and are just in it for the publicity/holiday, why did the BBC pick this lot of time waisters?

I want to see people who are genuinly thinking of going to Australia/New Zealand, people who truley are considering it but want to know if they are doing the best thing for themselves and they're families, not some mammies boy that is willing to break his wives heart because he won't leave the comfort of his family business and crappy 3 bedroomed semi in suberbia.

BBC needs to do better next year.:curse:
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Dreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really nice

Originally Posted by mike-Ju
Yesterday's show with the fisherman, WTF, he was such a misery, nothing put a smile on his face and who else thinks that the grandmother had deliberatly got that little boy to be as abnoxious as possible so that they wouldn't like it over there.

To me this family looked as though they just wanted a free holiday, how many others have you seen with a video camera attached to their hand at all times?

Anyway, I didn't know fishermen were in short supply in Australia?? I would have thought they had plenty!

All in all apart from the nice young couple, the lovely single mum and one or two young families at the begining of the shows, the rest are a waste of space. Most of this years lot dont really want to go at all and are just in it for the publicity/holiday, why did the BBC pick this lot of time waisters?

I want to see people who are genuinly thinking of going to Australia/New Zealand, people who truley are considering it but want to know if they are doing the best thing for themselves and they're families, not some mammies boy that is willing to break his wives heart because he won't leave the comfort of his family business and crappy 3 bedroomed semi in suberbia.

BBC needs to do better next year.:curse:

Couldn't have put it any better! As for the boy in the last show, nothing like a good slap across the arse wouldn't have fixed
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

cj321 will become famous soon enoughcj321 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Oz_Dreamer
Couldn't have put it any better! As for the boy in the last show, nothing like a good slap across the arse wouldn't have fixed
Last years people were a much better bunch so the "Revisited" programs should be better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.