Reload this Page >

BBC - Wanted Down Under

BBC - Wanted Down Under

Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

streekyandsnippet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Cheers Rodders.

I've been watching WDU for he past couple of weeks now and have found to be very repetetive.I've been watching WDU for he past couple of weeks now and have found to be very repetetive.(Sorry ).
But for some strange reason I can't stop watching. I've sky+ nearly every episode and haven't deleted any of them. I think I'm waiting to see if anyone can earn more than a carpet fitter.
It was good to hear that some of the families have continued with their dreams. My hat goes off to you all. I ADMIRE YOU ALL, it's good to talk about it but truly amazing to do it. Is it as Nadia says "One of the toughest decisions you'll ever make"?
Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:02 pm
Banned

graciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant futuregraciebluecat has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Guys please, this is the last time I will ask before I shut the thread.

This thread is for discussing the TV programme, can you please take the other chat into other threads.

I think you should bar these idiots that keep attacking me should stay off here please..

Last edited by graciebluecat; Feb 5th 2007 at 9:06 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:08 pm

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree, i would like to know though from the people who were on the programme how many actually ended up applying for visa's and then how many actually got the visa's and took the plunge and moved out there this would be a good follow up programme dont you think?
Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

I don't think the dentist and family took the plunge. They seemed far to fussy.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:13 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by streekyandsnippet
I don't think the dentist and family took the plunge. They seemed far to fussy.
them two got right on my lallys.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:19 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Going to watch that one tonight... Think a couple of stiff G&T's before will be required...!
Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:20 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39
Going to watch that one tonight... Think a couple of stiff G&T's before will be required...!
they lived in a semi in luton with her parents and complained that a million dollar seafront 5x3 wasn't big enough, whinging buggars.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by northernbird
lallys
I have an idea but just need clarification.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Why would people want to emigrate to Australia if they're scared of spiders/ snakes etc?
Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:38 pm
Banned

chilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to allchilli is a name known to all

i think the dentist might have wanted to take her parents to live with them and so want a bigger house.
they had a fair amount of money and so have choices..
the hairdresser (blonde woman) was similar in that she didnt seem happy with things. but she too had choice it seemed..
both these couples might still want to go but not to where they were sent..
each to their own

im sure the bbc would want to create some drama through editing..
wish they had chosen me
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

Clelandj is just really niceClelandj is just really niceClelandj is just really niceClelandj is just really niceClelandj is just really niceClelandj is just really niceClelandj is just really niceClelandj is just really niceClelandj is just really nice
Smile Re: BBC - Wanted Down Under

Originally Posted by streekyandsnippet
Why would people want to emigrate to Australia if they're scared of spiders/ snakes etc?
I know what you mean, but as a spider disliker I think I would like to elucidate on that point.

I grew up in Africa, so I grew up with a healthy distrust of spiders because they could in many cases injure/kill, which has carried forward to the UK where they are decidedly less of a problem from a biting and killing point of view. Snakes were the same but an incident in Bangkok remedied that one (and it has nothing to do with any parlour of any description I might add).

The wife on today's programme did not like spiders and I imagine that I would feel the same way looking into a dark recess like the wash house she had to collect the basket from. But my hat comes off to her for taking that first step towards beating the fear.

I don't want to let a bug defeat my desire to have a chance at a better life, so I won't!On that basis, I would suggest that people will emigrate to OZ even if they don't like spiders/snakes because these are things that can be overcome and in comparison to the potential life enhancing move I think worrying about eight legged, creepy crawlies with fangs bigger than my teeth comes low down the list of reasons not to go (I think )....furthermore, I have found that ensuring that a copy of any of the Encyclopedia Britannica is just what is required to squash the problem, so long as it's not so big that it picks it up and starts reading! Now that would worry me...

Night!

PS - does anyone know of a good hypnotherapist?
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Re the hating spiders & snakes.... I don't hate them per se, but am distinctly not keen on the idea of poisonous ones biting me.
However, am also not especially keen on miserable grey weather in the UK....

.... which is more likely to affect me day to day?
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:51 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clelandj
I have found that ensuring that a copy of any of the Encyclopedia Britannica is just what is required to squash the problem, so long as it's not so big that it picks it up and starts reading! Now that would worry me...
Nah, if it was a huntsman he'd just chuck it back... harder...
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:55 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chilli
first post..

anybody trying or just leaving for aus/Nz with teenage children would like to get pr sorted so that aus pays for university education.. there are other threads on here that prove this too..
Australia (whoever Australia may be), does NOT pay for university education. That is a fact, our son is a university student here. If you qualify, you can apply for HECS (Higher Education Contributory Scheme), but it is a loan that has to be paid back when :- The student graduates and is earning min.$25,000 or, when he/she turns 25, whichever is the first. $25,000 is an extremely low wage, so to have the government take a large percentage out per month will in turn get you into alot of debt. Unless, you still live with parents who can help you. Nothing is free.

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Feb 6th 2007 at 1:11 am.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lesleyhunter79
i agree, i would like to know though from the people who were on the programme how many actually ended up applying for visa's and then how many actually got the visa's and took the plunge and moved out there this would be a good follow up programme dont you think?
http://z2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...howtopic=26314

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.