BBC Programme

Old Apr 9th 2003, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by footie chick
Yes the Brisbane one will be worth watching because the article on it was quite negative and i am not sure they stayed there. But it would be nice to see what Brisbane looks like.

footie chick
My thoughts exactly Footie Chick. What part of Brisbane are you thinking of? My cousin lives in Victoria Point (Bayside) so we are going to have a good look around there in a couple of weeks. But my Aunt wants to look at Caboolture in the north. We are looking at houses there and they seem very reasonable - do you know anything about that area?

Dawn
Old Apr 9th 2003, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by firing1
we are taking part in the program we came out with the bbc to new zealand i don't know which episode ours is and we won't get to see it until after it has been aired. it was good fun making the program though (sometimes)
Now that we've seen the Cayman Islands one, let us know your story, so that we know whether the programme is actually portraying it like it is, or how they want it to look.

How are things going for you in NZ?

Hazel
Old Apr 9th 2003, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Prestons
My thoughts exactly Footie Chick. What part of Brisbane are you thinking of? My cousin lives in Victoria Point (Bayside) so we are going to have a good look around there in a couple of weeks. But my Aunt wants to look at Caboolture in the north. We are looking at houses there and they seem very reasonable - do you know anything about that area?

Dawn
Hi Prestons,

My Wife, myself and our 3 children (6, 3 and 2) are hoping to live in the Caboolture area. It is a lovely area, 45 minutes to Brisbane, 25 minutes to the coast and Bribie Island. All the local townships have good shopping areas. We are hoping to settle near to Wamuran, the school looks nice. My Aunt and Uncle live in the area and we are lucky enough to have visited three times.

Phil & Family.
Old Apr 9th 2003, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by philj6969
Hi Prestons,

My Wife, myself and our 3 children (6, 3 and 2) are hoping to live in the Caboolture area. It is a lovely area, 45 minutes to Brisbane, 25 minutes to the coast and Bribie Island. All the local townships have good shopping areas. We are hoping to settle near to Wamuran, the school looks nice. My Aunt and Uncle live in the area and we are lucky enough to have visited three times.

Phil & Family.
Hi Phil

Thanks for the info. We are going to have a good look around there when we go over. As with you - schools are a big consideration and also shops!!
Will post to let you know what we think when we get back.
Dawn & Steve
Old Apr 9th 2003, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cazz
Didn't really rate the relocaters, caused more stress than anything, I think to give them two weeks to pack up and go was a bad start, then to have no working visa or money!! too much of a game show, do they not realise they are dealing with peoples futures.
Interested in seeing the Brisbane show as this is where we are heading but i hope we will be more organised and more informed to where we are going.
Absolutely! Hope the couple didn't have to pay for their services!
I agree with Dawn about the editing though, makes for more interesting TV.
I'm sure I read here somewhere that the Brisbane people are from this forum (suebo?). Their show sounds a bit negative already but I bet a lot of their comments etc are taken out of context. It would be nice to hear their story first (if you're reading).

Anyway, I won't let a poor version of 'Location location location' put me off heading south!

Cheers, Gra...
Old Apr 10th 2003, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

firing1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, interesting reading about the tv program, we are the family that relocated to nz. we haven't seen the show but you are right about the editing because they filmed us for seven weeks and that gets cut down to a one hour show. i don't know what our episode will be like to watch but the relocators and the behind the scenes people were a big help to us and we were sorry to see them go. we are quite happy here in nz but it is a big thing to do and you have to be 150% sure that it's the thing for you.
Old Apr 10th 2003, 4:55 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Originally posted by firing1
hi, interesting reading about the tv program, we are the family that relocated to nz. we haven't seen the show but you are right about the editing because they filmed us for seven weeks and that gets cut down to a one hour show. i don't know what our episode will be like to watch but the relocators and the behind the scenes people were a big help to us and we were sorry to see them go. we are quite happy here in nz but it is a big thing to do and you have to be 150% sure that it's the thing for you.
would you recommend doing one of these shows? the reason i ask is that we are currently in discussions with the BBC about appearing on a similar lifestyle show to be run next year. in our case the focus will be on a venture we are planning in europe. they are extremely keen to have us appear on the programme as our plan is somewhat more original than the tens of thousands of brits opening bars in the costa del sol or hopping on a plane to the southern hemisphere (sorry, could'nt resist).
is it a worthwhile experience or a pain in the butt?
Old Apr 10th 2003, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

You only live once. just remember us as viewers will only see what the bbc want us to see.

good luck if you do and keep us posted.

footie chick
Old Apr 10th 2003, 7:08 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Originally posted by footie chick
You only live once. just remember us as viewers will only see what the bbc want us to see.

good luck if you do and keep us posted.

footie chick
now thats a scary thought (i'm scared for the viewers, not for us!). i'm not sure i'll have much say in the matter anyway. if they want us to do it, my wife will accept before i can say a word as she's 'mad for it'. would be great advertising for our venture i suppose. sure, i'll post on here if it goes ahead.
Old Apr 10th 2003, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Shikse is an unknown quantity at this point

Herman, there was a programme not so along ago on UK TV where a family relocated to France to set up a fishing/holiday business. The BBC or whoever, went back there a year later to see how they were getting along with their new business. It was a success, they were almost fully booked up for the coming months. I reckon the TV show had a lot to do with that. The location looked great and the family running/setting it up were lovely, the kind of place I'd wanna go to.

Get the free advertising, sell, sell, sell yourselves and the business - in a discreet fashion of course!!
Old Apr 11th 2003, 12:59 am

Originally posted by Shikse
Herman, there was a programme not so along ago on UK TV where a family relocated to France to set up a fishing/holiday business. The BBC or whoever, went back there a year later to see how they were getting along with their new business. It was a success, they were almost fully booked up for the coming months. I reckon the TV show had a lot to do with that. The location looked great and the family running/setting it up were lovely, the kind of place I'd wanna go to.

Get the free advertising, sell, sell, sell yourselves and the business - in a discreet fashion of course!!
Thats similar to the programme we may be on (Living The Dream) - filiming for the next series starts this summer. thanks, thats what i was thinking too. after all, marketing is the key to success in a small business. so far we have just had phone conversations with the bbc and we meet them when we are back in London. i reckon one look at my wife and we'll be in (hopefully she'll compensate for my made-for-radio looks!).
Old Apr 11th 2003, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

firing1 is an unknown quantity at this point

we thought the same about our business we have set up here but what you have to remember is if your business is trying to attract customers from the country you have moved to the fact that the tv program is on in the uk isn't much help!
it has opened a few doors for us though and i would definately recommend doing the program if you get the chance.
Old Apr 11th 2003, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Shikse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Herman
Thats similar to the programme we may be on (Living The Dream) - filiming for the next series starts this summer. thanks, thats what i was thinking too. after all, marketing is the key to success in a small business. so far we have just had phone conversations with the bbc and we meet them when we are back in London. i reckon one look at my wife and we'll be in (hopefully she'll compensate for my made-for-radio looks!).
Found the link Herman, it was Channel 4's 'No Going Back' and they even put a link from the channel 4 website to the fishing holiday site....

http://www.channel4.com/life/microsi...ack/index.html

Maybe I'll also send you a plastic surgeon link, to ensure you get chosen for the programme.....