BBC Programme

Old Apr 6th 2003, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BBC Programme

Hi everyone

There is a new BBC programme called 'Get a new life' starting 8pm tuesday BBC2, which according to Daily Mail Weekend magazine features couple moving to Brisbane - could be interesting!!

Dawn & Steve
Old Apr 7th 2003, 2:13 pm

arridia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC Programme

Did this happen to anyone else? I had my most recent trip to Australia from November to January just gone and on my return i had a letter from Channel 4.

They were looking for people to follow around for a while for a programme they are currently making about the endevours of folks migrating to Australia.

I'm not sure how it came about. My only theory is that my details were passed on from a company called Consyl Publishing. they print a a very good newpaper i subscribe to call Australian Outlook. Did anyone else get approached out of the blue for this.

I would love to have taken part but alas I fear I don't qualify for anough points yet.

good luck to anyone in the process of migrating anyway!
Old Apr 7th 2003, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Shikse is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that, will be watching with interest.

I'll make sure all my work colleagues and mates watch it as well, they'll so sooooo jealous

Only a month to go.Whooooopee!
Old Apr 7th 2003, 3:15 pm

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by arridia
Did this happen to anyone else? I had my most recent trip to Australia from November to January just gone and on my return i had a letter from Channel 4.

Yes, the same happened to us (when we got back from holiday). I also subscribe to the outlook, I assumed that the details had been passed on by DIMIA. From memory the letter was from the London embassy and said on behalf of Channel4.
Old Apr 7th 2003, 3:17 pm

arridia is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had no contact with DIMA as yet. My letter came directly from Channel 4. There you go. Be interesting to found someone here who is actually taking part in the program.
Old Apr 7th 2003, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Read the article in the mail. looks like it will be quite interesting not sure if they stay or go.

The one tomorrow night is in the Cayman Islands so that will be nice.

Hopefully the aussie one will be soon as i am dying to see Brisbane.

footie chick
Old Apr 8th 2003, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

firing1 is an unknown quantity at this point

we are taking part in the program we came out with the bbc to new zealand i don't know which episode ours is and we won't get to see it until after it has been aired. it was good fun making the program though (sometimes)
Old Apr 8th 2003, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by footie chick
Read the article in the mail. looks like it will be quite interesting not sure if they stay or go.

The one tomorrow night is in the Cayman Islands so that will be nice.

Hopefully the aussie one will be soon as i am dying to see Brisbane.

footie chick
Tonight is on Cayman Islands - Next week is on Italy

Regards

Terry
Old Apr 9th 2003, 8:14 am

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by terryg
Tonight is on Cayman Islands - Next week is on Italy

Regards

Terry
Anyone see it. The poor folks were given 2 weeks to hand in their notice and pack up before they moved. They also split up when they got there, it seems like this moving thing can put stress on relationships. Still looks like an interesting series, just waiting for the Brisbane one.
Old Apr 9th 2003, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, we watched it last night. Not the strongest of relationships but then not surprising with all the crap the so called `relocators` left them to do.

Having no work permit put a big strain amongst other things. But looking forward to the Brisabane one and i believe that there is also a NZ one.

Not organised enough for me considering the programme gives you the impression that the `relocators` do everything for a month or did i miss hear.

Anyway well worth watching.

footie chick
Old Apr 9th 2003, 11:11 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Hi watched it last night too

the couple moved with absolutly no savings. No wonder it was stressful for them!

Maybe this is a lesson for us all. Don't expect to find work and start earning straight away. Have some cash as a contingency fund.

Mel
Old Apr 9th 2003, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes it was helpful i just hope the Brisbane one is more positive as my partner is doubting things at the moment.

footie chick
Old Apr 9th 2003, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road

Didn't really rate the relocaters, caused more stress than anything, I think to give them two weeks to pack up and go was a bad start, then to have no working visa or money!! too much of a game show, do they not realise they are dealing with peoples futures.
Interested in seeing the Brisbane show as this is where we are heading but i hope we will be more organised and more informed to where we are going.
Old Apr 9th 2003, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cazz
Didn't really rate the relocaters, caused more stress than anything, I think to give them two weeks to pack up and go was a bad start, then to have no working visa or money!! too much of a game show, do they not realise they are dealing with peoples futures.
Interested in seeing the Brisbane show as this is where we are heading but i hope we will be more organised and more informed to where we are going.
I agree

These shows are edited to show what the programme makers want, so it's best not to take too much notice. I'm also waiting with bated breath for the Brisbane show as that's where we want to go. By the look of the article in the mail though - their move was equally unplanned, and the programme makers found them a place to rent which they complained was too small and didn't have a patio!!
Oh well, wait and see........

Dawn
Old Apr 9th 2003, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes the Brisbane one will be worth watching because the article on it was quite negative and i am not sure they stayed there. But it would be nice to see what Brisbane looks like.

footie chick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.