Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

bbc iplayer in wa?

bbc iplayer in wa?

Old Feb 9th 2012, 5:36 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default bbc iplayer in wa?

Hi all,

Does anyone know if i download bbc iplayer onto my applemac will it work?? were in Perth,

Many thanks
Old Feb 9th 2012, 5:49 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bbc iplayer in wa?

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi all,

Does anyone know if i download bbc iplayer onto my applemac will it work?? were in Perth,

Many thanks
You can install it fine but you'll need to make it look like you are in the UK to download programmes or play live TV.

I used the free programme "Expat Shield" on the PC, not sure that there is a (free) Mac equivalent.

To be honest if you are going to do a lot of viewing then for around $5 a month (pay by the month, no contracts) you should get a VPN which will connect your Mac to a server in the UK.

VPNs sound complex but they aren't really.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 8:51 am
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

We use "myexpatnetwork " on our MacBooks, £5 a month, bbc, itv & ch 4 all work perfectly.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

There's an app for that now.

http://www.bbc.com/iplayer/tv

There's a subscription fee and it's only on iPad/iPhone, by the look of it. Not used it and don't know anyone who has so can't recommend or otherwise.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 2:36 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

ahh thanks all
Old Feb 10th 2012, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

perthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really nice

Originally Posted by Prudi
There's an app for that now.

http://www.bbc.com/iplayer/tv

There's a subscription fee and it's only on iPad/iPhone, by the look of it. Not used it and don't know anyone who has so can't recommend or otherwise.

I have downloaded this and wish I hadn't bothered really, it doesn't give you everything that is on the iplayer.....just a selection of mostly old programmes x
Old Feb 10th 2012, 10:01 am
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simnmax
We use "myexpatnetwork " on our MacBooks, £5 a month, bbc, itv & ch 4 all work perfectly.
I downloaded this but found it was jamming up quite a lot and got really frustrating when trying to watch programmes I have now un-subscribed
Old Feb 10th 2012, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

coldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nicecoldbeer is just really nice

Best VPN like solution I found is Unblock US, $4.99 pm with a 1 week free trial. Reason I say VPN like is it actually provides a DNS not a VPN, this is very easy to set up for non-techs, you only change one setting and the site has instructions for Mac, PC, consoles etc. It also works for a number of US channels, Netflix, Hulu etc.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

We use invisibleIPN - $5 a month and works well.