Bayside Schools

Old Jan 21st 2010, 10:38 am
Just Joined

confused.pom is just really niceconfused.pom is just really niceconfused.pom is just really niceconfused.pom is just really niceconfused.pom is just really niceconfused.pom is just really niceconfused.pom is just really niceconfused.pom is just really nice
Default Bayside Schools

Can anyone recommend schools in the Redland Bay area? We have a 10 year old boy and 7 year old twins and will be looking for schools from April 2010.

Thanks.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 10:51 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Bayside Schools

Originally Posted by confused.pom
Can anyone recommend schools in the Redland Bay area? We have a 10 year old boy and 7 year old twins and will be looking for schools from April 2010.

Thanks.
A lady two doors down from us worked at Victoria Point State school, and sent her kids to the Redland Bay State school

Do you want State or Private ?

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 8:49 am
Just Joined

confused.pom is just really niceconfused.pom is just really niceconfused.pom is just really niceconfused.pom is just really niceconfused.pom is just really niceconfused.pom is just really niceconfused.pom is just really niceconfused.pom is just really nice

State is preferrable as I can't comment on Private as I haven't seen figures. I suppose if State was terrible you would find the money for Private. As the move costs enough financially anyway we believe the first couple of years in Oz will be tight without paying for Private schools.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:18 am
ABCDiamond

State is preferrable as I can't comment on Private as I haven't seen figures. I suppose if State was terrible you would find the money for Private. As the move costs enough financially anyway we believe the first couple of years in Oz will be tight without paying for Private schools.
We did that with the Victoria Point State Primary school

As an idea, the local Faith Lutheran school that we use, (we aren't religious though) would cost:

$2,944.00 per annum (Primary school up to year 6) for the 1st child.
2nd Child deduct 10%
3rd Child deduct 20%
+
Material levy of $ 780 per annum per child
+
Capital Levy of $376 for each family
= about $9,100 for all three

If you went the Catholic school route, fees for our local primary are:
Family of three children: $3,125.00 + $520 Levies = $ 3,645 for all three

Old Jan 25th 2010, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Thanks ABC. Are you happy with the education your little ones are getting at the Lutheran?
Old Jan 25th 2010, 8:39 am
ABCDiamond

Thanks ABC. Are you happy with the education your little ones are getting at the Lutheran?
As happy as anyone can be with a 13 year old at school.

Things were really good when she was a bit younger, but at 13

In general though, not much to complain about. The school gets involved when required to sort out problems, which seems to happen more with teenage girls !

The rates for middle/senior school do go up from year 7, but that is pretty normal for most schools.
$6,690 Years 7-9 (including all fees)

I did hear good reports about Kimberly College, and when my daughter wanted to leave once I did consider that option, till I found out it was just an argument with another girl. All sorted now, and best of friends again