Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bayside (Brisbane) - citizenship ceremony on 17th Sept. Anyone else?

Bayside (Brisbane) - citizenship ceremony on 17th Sept. Anyone else?

Old Sep 17th 2009, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bayside (Brisbane) - citizenship ceremony on 17th Sept. Anyone else?

Originally Posted by spalen
HaHa we were sat in front of you i think - when they said turn your cell phones to silent i thought he was going to say "turn your kids to silent"

It made the boring crap at the beginning amusing, all those councillors jeez...
Congratulations, Spalen and family! Next thing is the passports then to save you a bit of time at immigration. May be you can hold off getting a new UK one, or did you already run out of pages for your last few trips?

Mrs JTL
Old Sep 17th 2009, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bayside (Brisbane) - citizenship ceremony on 17th Sept. Anyone else?

Originally Posted by comet555
Congrats everyone!

As I mentioned earlier my little boy was indeed the loudest one there.... he was also the one who took off running down the isle when our name was announced and kept running out the back!

So I'm pretty sure everyone knows my son now!
Congrats! Well done Chase. You did your mom and dad proud!

Mrs JTL and the Beans
Old Sep 17th 2009, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

It's great to have all these new Pozzies on the Bay!

CONGRATULATIONS ALL OF YOU!!!!!!

Love

Rudi
x
Old Sep 17th 2009, 11:12 pm
ABCDiamond

After reading this lot, I end up feeling like maybe I should make the effort, and do the same one day....

I am beginning to feel like the odd one out

Old Sep 17th 2009, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

I am beginning to feel like the odd one
Yep, I'll agree with that

Love

Rudi
x
Old Sep 17th 2009, 11:20 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Congratulations, Spalen and family! Next thing is the passports then to save you a bit of time at immigration. May be you can hold off getting a new UK one, or did you already run out of pages for your last few trips?

Mrs JTL
Yes indeed. And on that point - the small print of the ceremony says " we cancel your permanent residency "

This means - none of us dual citizens can re-enter australia now without aussie passports. I am off to the passport office today for a shiny new passport on a rush order because I need it for work. I have also already printed out the all important APEC card application so I can scoot through the air-crew and diplomat lines at the airports (and pretend to be famous - since I look like brad pitt, If I don my sunnies and dont shave Im sure I"ll make front cover of a magazine).

So new Aussies take note - you need passports to re-enter australia (but not to leave ! ) :-)
Old Sep 17th 2009, 11:49 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rudi
Blimey, there will be no POMS left in the Bayside!!! We'll all be Aussies!!!!

Love

Rudi
x
h, I am still waiting for my letter, I been approved, just waiting on Redland city council....
Old Sep 18th 2009, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

spadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nice

I will definately pass for Cher and hubby for sonny!!!!
Yes off to post office also, 4 new aussie passports bring it on! Bloody expensive, reckon about $350 per passport, ah well the fame is worth it
Brisben, if you ring Redlands Council they will tell you when the next ceremony will be held in the Redlands, I think they only have them every 3 to 4 months but if you give them a call they will tell you exact dates, then you can join all us other aussies!!!

Last edited by spadgersdad; Sep 18th 2009 at 8:17 am.