Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bathroom Renovations

Bathroom Renovations

Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:23 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bathroom Renovations

I am looking at renovating our bathrooms in the next 6-8 months. Can anyone in Perth recommend a company that does the whole package?
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

nessyp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bathroom Renovations

Id personally go and buy the materials myself.
Good place is an auction they have on a tuesday on buckingham drive wangara.
You can get toilet, shower, vanity units and all your bits from there at very reasonable prices.
Then get a builder, who can plumb, tile and do all the bits for you and save a fortune.

Worked out around $2000 versus about $7000 good luck
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:43 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nessyp
Id personally go and buy the materials myself.
Good place is an auction they have on a tuesday on buckingham drive wangara.
You can get toilet, shower, vanity units and all your bits from there at very reasonable prices.
Then get a builder, who can plumb, tile and do all the bits for you and save a fortune.

Worked out around $2000 versus about $7000 good luck
I know but I did that when we did the kitchen and it was a nightmare install. I need something a bit more hassle free this time around but thanks for your comments, I will put that to the husband.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:57 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

i know you aint talking to me but who cares..
stripping existing bathroom 1000
sink /unit..........3/600
nice big corner bath...600/800
nice set of taps ..150/200
plumber ...500/1000
tiles/ tiler(most expensive)tiles 6/800..tiler 30/70 a square meter.
rubbish...free, trip to tip.

if you can grab hold of a good tradie who knows his stuff,he will put good trades your way.

good luck
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:02 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by aston man
i know you aint talking to me but who cares..
stripping existing bathroom 1000
sink /unit..........3/600
nice big corner bath...600/800
nice set of taps ..150/200
plumber ...500/1000
tiles/ tiler(most expensive)tiles 6/800..tiler 30/70 a square meter.
rubbish...free, trip to tip.

if you can grab hold of a good tradie who knows his stuff,he will put good trades your way.

good luck
Why aren't I talking to you mate. Ere someone I know on another wesbite says ave these xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx

Thanks for the info mate, very useful
Old Mar 18th 2009, 1:34 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I am looking at renovating our bathrooms in the next 6-8 months. Can anyone in Perth recommend a company that does the whole package?
HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND??????? After the kitchen I would have thought you would keep away from renovating for a long long time.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 1:53 am
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know if its any use to you but my mate has a business recovering baths and tiles. Not sure of exactly how he does it etc but if you want more info i will get detailed info for you.

Nev.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:17 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Dorothy
HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND??????? After the kitchen I would have thought you would keep away from renovating for a long long time.
I know you would think so wouldn't you. We weren't going to do it but I have just inherited some money so we can afford to now

Originally Posted by redlion
Dont know if its any use to you but my mate has a business recovering baths and tiles. Not sure of exactly how he does it etc but if you want more info i will get detailed info for you.

Nev.
Thanks Nev but we are ripping the whole lot out and starting from scratch.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Bathroom Renovations

I'll be in Perth soon,I'm hard working and reliable and I'll show you pictures of work I have carried out before. Good luck, Paul.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:46 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by bu1lder
I'll be in Perth soon,I'm hard working and reliable and I'll show you pictures of work I have carried out before. Good luck, Paul.
No probs, it will be at least 6 months before we can start as we are at the mercy of the legal formalities which can take a long time. Contact me when you get here.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:14 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

ill give you a start if you want ,were currently advertising for brickies at 200 a shift,6.30 -3.30 head down, arse up..pm me if your interested..

take care..

Last edited by aston man; Mar 19th 2009 at 7:27 am.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by aston man
ill give you a start if you want ,were currently advertising for brickies at 200 a shift,6.30 -3.30 head down, arse up..pm me if your interested..

take care..
I certainly am. Had removal man here yesterday to organise getting our gear over there, flights are booked, I'll give you a shout when we get there, Hopefully theres still work about in 12 weeks.
all the best, Paul.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:38 am
Banned

I certainly am. Had removal man here yesterday to organise getting our gear over there, flights are booked, I'll give you a shout when we get there, Hopefully theres still work about in 12 weeks.
all the best, Paul.

no probs,keep in touch..
Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

How about using your inheritance money to pay for the shortfall in rent to get your child into a good state school area (if you don't get into the private) ;-)
Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:16 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by northernlights
How about using your inheritance money to pay for the shortfall in rent to get your child into a good state school area (if you don't get into the private) ;-)
Yes I guess I could do that. However I think I am almost sorted but thanks for your reply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.