British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Bathroom Renovations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/bathroom-renovations-598224/)

northernbird Mar 17th 2009 10:23 pm

Bathroom Renovations

I am looking at renovating our bathrooms in the next 6-8 months. Can anyone in Perth recommend a company that does the whole package?

nessyp Mar 17th 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Bathroom Renovations

Id personally go and buy the materials myself.
Good place is an auction they have on a tuesday on buckingham drive wangara.
You can get toilet, shower, vanity units and all your bits from there at very reasonable prices.
Then get a builder, who can plumb, tile and do all the bits for you and save a fortune. :)

Worked out around $2000 versus about $7000 good luck

northernbird Mar 17th 2009 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by nessyp (Post 7390873)
Id personally go and buy the materials myself.
Good place is an auction they have on a tuesday on buckingham drive wangara.
You can get toilet, shower, vanity units and all your bits from there at very reasonable prices.
Then get a builder, who can plumb, tile and do all the bits for you and save a fortune. :)

Worked out around $2000 versus about $7000 good luck

I know but I did that when we did the kitchen and it was a nightmare install. I need something a bit more hassle free this time around but thanks for your comments, I will put that to the husband.

aston man Mar 17th 2009 10:57 pm

i know you aint talking to me but who cares..
stripping existing bathroom 1000
sink /unit..........3/600
nice big corner bath...600/800
nice set of taps ..150/200
plumber ...500/1000
tiles/ tiler(most expensive)tiles 6/800..tiler 30/70 a square meter.
rubbish...free, trip to tip.

if you can grab hold of a good tradie who knows his stuff,he will put good trades your way.

good luck

northernbird Mar 17th 2009 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by aston man (Post 7390934)
i know you aint talking to me but who cares..
stripping existing bathroom 1000
sink /unit..........3/600
nice big corner bath...600/800
nice set of taps ..150/200
plumber ...500/1000
tiles/ tiler(most expensive)tiles 6/800..tiler 30/70 a square meter.
rubbish...free, trip to tip.

if you can grab hold of a good tradie who knows his stuff,he will put good trades your way.

good luck

Why aren't I talking to you mate. Ere someone I know on another wesbite says ave these xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx

Thanks for the info mate, very useful

Dorothy Mar 18th 2009 1:34 am

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 7390807)
I am looking at renovating our bathrooms in the next 6-8 months. Can anyone in Perth recommend a company that does the whole package?

HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND???????:eek: After the kitchen I would have thought you would keep away from renovating for a long long time.

redlion Mar 18th 2009 1:53 am

Dont know if its any use to you but my mate has a business recovering baths and tiles. Not sure of exactly how he does it etc but if you want more info i will get detailed info for you.

Nev.:D

northernbird Mar 18th 2009 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 7391402)
HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND???????:eek: After the kitchen I would have thought you would keep away from renovating for a long long time.

I know you would think so wouldn't you. We weren't going to do it but I have just inherited some money so we can afford to now :D

Originally Posted by redlion (Post 7391436)
Dont know if its any use to you but my mate has a business recovering baths and tiles. Not sure of exactly how he does it etc but if you want more info i will get detailed info for you.

Nev.:D

Thanks Nev but we are ripping the whole lot out and starting from scratch.

bu1lder Mar 18th 2009 6:45 am

I'll be in Perth soon,I'm hard working and reliable and I'll show you pictures of work I have carried out before. Good luck, Paul.

northernbird Mar 18th 2009 6:46 am

Originally Posted by bu1lder (Post 7392006)
I'll be in Perth soon,I'm hard working and reliable and I'll show you pictures of work I have carried out before. Good luck, Paul.

No probs, it will be at least 6 months before we can start as we are at the mercy of the legal formalities which can take a long time. Contact me when you get here.

aston man Mar 19th 2009 7:14 am

Originally Posted by bu1lder (Post 7392006)

ill give you a start if you want ,were currently advertising for brickies at 200 a shift,6.30 -3.30 head down, arse up..pm me if your interested..

take care..

bu1lder Mar 19th 2009 7:33 am

Originally Posted by aston man (Post 7396651)
ill give you a start if you want ,were currently advertising for brickies at 200 a shift,6.30 -3.30 head down, arse up..pm me if your interested..

take care..

I certainly am. Had removal man here yesterday to organise getting our gear over there, flights are booked, I'll give you a shout when we get there, Hopefully theres still work about in 12 weeks.
all the best, Paul.

aston man Mar 19th 2009 7:38 am

Originally Posted by bu1lder (Post 7396697)
I certainly am. Had removal man here yesterday to organise getting our gear over there, flights are booked, I'll give you a shout when we get there, Hopefully theres still work about in 12 weeks.
all the best, Paul.

no probs,keep in touch..

northernlights Mar 19th 2009 8:13 am

How about using your inheritance money to pay for the shortfall in rent to get your child into a good state school area (if you don't get into the private) ;-)

northernbird Mar 19th 2009 8:16 am

Originally Posted by northernlights (Post 7396811)
How about using your inheritance money to pay for the shortfall in rent to get your child into a good state school area (if you don't get into the private) ;-)

Yes I guess I could do that. However I think I am almost sorted but thanks for your reply.