Bankrupt?

Old Mar 14th 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Bankrupt?

Im going to have to make myself bankrupt due to a failed business venture, is this going to effect me getting into Australia?
Old Mar 14th 2007, 1:41 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bankrupt?

Originally Posted by rocket01
Im going to have to make myself bankrupt due to a failed business venture, is this going to effect me getting into Australia?
As long as you're not going for a business investor visa, it won't affect your visa application.

Do a search on it as this has been asked many times before.

Gina
Old Mar 14th 2007, 1:45 pm
TRF
Forum Regular

TRF is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have heard from a Debt advisor that Oz can't see a lot of people's debt, but that they can see Bankruptcy. Maybe look at doing an IVA or even a DMP to keep Bankruptcy away.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 2:11 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRF
Hi, I have heard from a Debt advisor that Oz can't see a lot of people's debt, but that they can see Bankruptcy. Maybe look at doing an IVA or even a DMP to keep Bankruptcy away.
No, Oz can't "see" a UK bankruptcy. However, if you apply in Oz for a loan, say for a car, or for a mortgage, the forms may ask you if you have ever been declared bankrupt.

The visa forms for the various "skilled" visas, do not ask for your financial history.

Gina

Last edited by GinaUK; Mar 14th 2007 at 2:48 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the quick replies, most helpful.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

NealD is a jewel in the roughNealD is a jewel in the roughNealD is a jewel in the roughNealD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by GinaUK

The visa forms for the various "skilled" visas, do not ask for your financial history, nor do they ask how much money you will bring with you.

Gina
I applied for a 136 skilled visa (which I now have) and it does ask you how much money you are going to bring into the country. Not sure how it affects the application but it does ask. I believe you need to be able to show that you can be self-sufficient for a while after you arrive.