Reload this Page >

Banking in Australia-Sunshine coast QLD

Banking in Australia-Sunshine coast QLD

Old May 31st 2005, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

dolly41 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Banking in Australia-Sunshine coast QLD

Hi all,
Just want to let everyone know banking over here is so different. There is fees and charges for alot of things we don't get charged for back home. Shop around!! Home loans are also different, thats a good thing alot easier to get out here. I started at the Commonwealth bank, charges just went up again!!!, I have shop around every bank and my pcik is the ANZ bank, simple banking with great produst easy to understand staff are wonderful, helped with accounts home loans and my life insurance and also they have superannuation over here, sort like our pension. So confusing!! you and your employer put money in????, but they had someone who went through all of that with us and took care of it all.
I am going in there next week to finish off our insurances and superannuiation so will let you all know how it went.
How did people that are all ready here go with the bank I would be very interested to know.
bye for know
Dolly :scared:
Old May 31st 2005, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Amanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really nice
Default Re: Banking in Australia-Sunshine coast QLD

You can get free banking here but only some institutions offer this. Suncorp are the ones we use, they have one of the lowest interest rates mortgage wise and one of the highest saving wise. They offer free banking if you have a mortgage with them - which some banks charge a monthly maintenance fee for!! Suncorp don't.

I work for a bank here and would choose Suncorp over them fees and service wise! There are others that offer so may free atm transactions per month - someone mentioned HSBC do a good deal. But with most Aussie banks they charge for everything inc ATM balance requests - $1.50 a time, using another banks ATM - $1.50 a time, using their own ATM 0.65c etc etc.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 11:32 am
Just Joined

dolly41 is an unknown quantity at this point

do you get those discount cause you work there?

ANZ you can use ANZ ATMs,eftpos, in the branch and internet for Free, also due to the fact we have a mortgage with them, plus we have a free credit card, discounts on insurance and a interest rate on our homeloan of 6.72% with offset, redraw no fees.
My son has a evryday account with with them, $5 a month, thats it. unlimited withdrawals exspecially as he make a dozen withdrawls a day!!, saves the boys some money.
I think very competitivie.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

jaswebpics is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out this government site:
<http://www.choice.com.au>

There is an option there to compare banks and fees... as well as anything else you can think of wanting to compare prices on!!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

This site is dedicated to ditching your bank for one offering a better deal.

http://www.flickyourbank.com.au/index.aspx

Forward this link to all the Aussies you know. The more people move banks, the stiffer the competition will be and the sooner Australian banks will reduce their charges.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:37 am
Just Joined

jaswebpics is an unknown quantity at this point

For short term savings, ING has a pretty good setup too - there are no banks - you just link it to another account from any bank and transfer funds to it as desired. It takes 1 business day to get your funds transferred back to your bank account when you want them. Advantage: 5.4% interest (variable), no fees! http://www.ingdirect.com.au/savingmaximiser.asp