Bands in Perth

Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:15 am
Just Joined

Waynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the rough
Default Bands in Perth

Hi,

Me and my OH are going to be moving to the Perth area soon and i was wondering if there were any online sites or forums or other resources that would help me find a cover band to join once we get there. Oh yeah, i play bass guitar.

Cheers.

Last edited by Waynus; Jan 15th 2009 at 11:25 am.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bands in Perth

There's a free weekly magazine called X-Press that you can pick up in stores. They have a big section at the back for muso's wanted.

Have found the website:

http://www.xpressmag.com.au/

Bloody good read. I get it every week to keep upto speed of gigs in Perth etc. What kind of stuff you play?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Waynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by The_Wookie View Post
There's a free weekly magazine called X-Press that you can pick up in stores. They have a big section at the back for muso's wanted.

Have found the website:

Bloody good read. I get it every week to keep upto speed of gigs in Perth etc. What kind of stuff you play?
Thanks for that, ive been searching in vain for a couple of weeks for something like that!

I play all sort of rock/pop/punk/metal stuff, im in a band here in scotland and i have a feeling im gonna miss it like mad so it would be good to get the feelers out before we make the move.

Do you play yourself?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Have found the website:

Thanks for that, I play all kinds of rock/punk/pop/metal stuff. I cant wait to get there and see if the music scene is as good as my mate from Perth has told me it is. I would be looking to get a band together over there to play evenings and weekends.

Bring it on!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

There's a very good live music scene here. Coming from London I was very worried that I'll miss gigs.

A friend of mine is manager of a nightclub that has live bands every week. Saw an absolutely stunning Rage Against the Machine cover band there a few weeks back.

We have a very good festival coming up in March:

http://www.soundwavefestival.com

Some cracking bands on the line-up.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

There's a very good live music scene here. Coming from London I was very worried that I'll miss gigs.

A friend of mine is manager of a nightclub that has live bands every week. Saw an absolutely stunning Rage Against the Machine cover band there a few weeks back.

We have a very good festival coming up in March:

http://www.soundwavefestival.com

Some cracking bands on the line-up.
Sound Wave looks awesome! Im still unsure of when ill get to Perth tho, im waiting on the finance package coming from Perth, If i accept its just a matter of getting my stuff together and getting our asses over there!!

Hope im there in time!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good luck mate.

When you hit over here, pop me a PM and we'll hook up for a beer.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Good luck mate.

When you hit over here, pop me a PM and we'll hook up for a beer.
Sounds good!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough

Kaiser Chiefs play at the V festival in Perth in April. Wish I was there to see it. Saw them at Elland Road - fantastic!
http://www.vfestival.com.au/