Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Baggage allowance on SIR visa

Baggage allowance on SIR visa

Old Jul 5th 2006, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Baggage allowance on SIR visa

well I posted the other day that we were given our 40kg of baggage allowance by the lovely people at travel bag - only for them to take it away from us today as we are on an SIR visa.

has anyone gone to oz on this visa and been allowed the extra allowance - whiche we would like (of course we would - who wouldn't)
Old Jul 5th 2006, 8:14 pm
Andy and Wendy

Baphomet is a jewel in the roughBaphomet is a jewel in the roughBaphomet is a jewel in the roughBaphomet is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Baggage allowance on SIR visa

Originally Posted by DebraH
well I posted the other day that we were given our 40kg of baggage allowance by the lovely people at travel bag - only for them to take it away from us today as we are on an SIR visa.

has anyone gone to oz on this visa and been allowed the extra allowance - whiche we would like (of course we would - who wouldn't)
This is strange We have an SIR visa as well and have also booked our flights through Travelbag. We were told by the Travelbag sales rep that they couldn't arrange the extra baggage allowance themselves and that we had to contact the airlines directly. We got in touch with both Singapore Airlines and Quantas, and had no trouble in arranging the extra baggage allowance. We even got an email confirmation from Singapore Airlines. I think your best bet is contacting the airlines themselves and arranging it with them.

I wish you all the best
Andy
Old Jul 5th 2006, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of

Hi
We had same happen and i have seen postings where when people have arrived at check in with the sir visa ( which says temp ) the 40kg that they had email authorisation for was reduced to the normal so be very wary.
we were only allowed the normal weight.
Old Jul 5th 2006, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

mattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by coffeebean
Hi
We had same happen and i have seen postings where when people have arrived at check in with the sir visa ( which says temp ) the 40kg that they had email authorisation for was reduced to the normal so be very wary.
word of warning with Cathay Pacific, you have to buy a special Migration ticket to qualify for the extra 20kg allowance ..and at £150 per person extra we are going to spend the £600 on buying extra stuff out there!
Old Jul 6th 2006, 7:20 am
Andy and Wendy

Baphomet is a jewel in the roughBaphomet is a jewel in the roughBaphomet is a jewel in the roughBaphomet is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by coffeebean
Hi
Who did you fly with????
Old Jul 6th 2006, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baphomet
Who did you fly with????
thanks for your replies I'll let you know what happens
Old Jul 8th 2006, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DebraH
thanks for your replies I'll let you know what happens
my Oh has spent ages trying to get our little problem sorted out with Qantas - who now say that we have been sold the wrong ticket and need a migrant ticket. that's not the end of it....

....they checked our ticket/booking and found out that whilst we are ok for the journey out to Singapore (with BA), we are not booked on the flight from Singapore to Perth - it's fully booked! - our names aren't on the passenger list. Hopefully this will now be sorted out - it's a pain and we now hope it goes in our favour!