Baggage Allowance

Baggage Allowance

Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:09 pm
ljr
Just Joined

ljr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Baggage Allowance

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me which airline offers the largest baggage allowance for someone travelling to Aus on a skilled independent 136 permanant visa.

Any info would be very much appreciated.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

kdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura aboutkdiggers has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Baggage Allowance

Originally Posted by ljr
Hi all,

Can anybody tell me which airline offers the largest baggage allowance for someone travelling to Aus on a skilled independent 136 permanant visa.

Any info would be very much appreciated.
Hi,

I think most airlines offer double the baggage allowance , and extra hand luggage, but you have to tell them that your a migrant at the time of booking, otherwise it's just the usual 20kg ! They sometimes offer special fares for migrants aswell....

Keely.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:18 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

The most I've been able to come up with is as follows:

Travel on flights through Los Angeles & you can get 40-45kg per person (including children) If you then use a compnay called HiFX to do all your financial arrangements, there is a scheme by which this allowance can be doubled

But you do have to make sure with them that you qualify

Best of luck!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

LittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really nice

have you booked? if so you need to contact the airline and speak to them about your visa - we were with thai airways, i called them up and we got 35kgs baggage allowance each. They sent us extra baggage allowance tickets so there was no problem in checking in with all our bags! We were still slightly over but they let it through anyway...

i think you can get it on all flights, you just need to call them and get them to send you some confirmation.

HTH
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Travelling via the far East you are virtually limited to Singapore and Emirats for extra baggage. The others have stopped doing it, except in a few cases where they offer special migrant fares at a hgher cost than normal seat.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

OzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really nice

Go via US with Air NZ and u can get 2 bags each at 32kg per bag so 64kg EACH! That is standard economy class baggage!

Havent heard of much better!