Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Views on Campbelltown?

Any Views on Campbelltown?

Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:31 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any Views on Campbelltown?

This is another possible destnation now, so does anyone have any views or
opinions on the place? Which areas are OK and where should I avoid.

Any views on Mt Annan?

ta.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:40 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Views on Campbelltown?

Mt Annan, be careful there is a major landfil / tip out the back of it called Jacks Gully. New housing being built right next to it called Spring Farm.
We live on Harrington Park near Narellan and it is very nice. Parklands, lakes, cycle tracks, small shopping centre that does the basics. Campbelltown is nothing special, but it does provide the major shopping, train, cinema etc for the Macarthur region. Overall Camden South & Harrington Park offer the best living and housing options. Campbelltown is about 15mins away.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:08 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
Mt Annan, be careful there is a major landfil / tip out the back of it called Jacks Gully. New housing being built right next to it called Spring Farm.
We live on Harrington Park near Narellan and it is very nice. Parklands, lakes, cycle tracks, small shopping centre that does the basics. Campbelltown is nothing special, but it does provide the major shopping, train, cinema etc for the Macarthur region. Overall Camden South & Harrington Park offer the best living and housing options. Campbelltown is about 15mins away.
Thanks I'll check them out.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

When the Hume Highway speed limit through there was originally set at 110k, there was a good reason......

WW
Old Feb 9th 2008, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

I went there on the train a few times from East Hills near where my brother lives, about half way between Campbelltown and Sydney. I liked the main street actually as there is a bit of 'history' - 19th C buildings. The shopping centre at MacArthur is superb too. I was in the big bookshop - Tower?? on two levels and came out after dark to see a variety of restaurants and bars.

On the minus side, it's about an hour on the train to the city (??) and you will be called a 'westie'!