Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Badge's Public Retirement

Wikiposts

Badge's Public Retirement

Old May 3rd 2004, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

I enjoy reading about the people who stay and the people who go. I have read the other forum since the day i found the expats site. By doing so I feel I have a more balance view of oz and the life I hope to lead.

People should post good and bad views, chuck away those rose-tinted glasses and realise that oz is not the land of dreams but offers a different experience life. What I am looking forward to is 'difference'.

Mandy
Old May 3rd 2004, 6:56 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Simone82
I think people mean Mike.
Who is Mike? Missed out on his posts, myself.
Old May 3rd 2004, 8:02 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

If you mean Mike Stanton, I can't see that his posts are particularly unbalanced except occasionally when he is taking the proverbial when someone goes too far the other way or attacks his POV. :lecture:
Old May 3rd 2004, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Grayling
Hi
As I said earlier I have been accused of negativity and I am one who is waiting to migrate!
I believe Negativity or positivity is in the Eye of the Beholder.
I think some notions need to be challenged.I do not make personal attacks on people but some notions are worthy of debate for the wider audience.
Some of the debates have been useful until they deteriorate into point scoring excercises.
The posts I am most likely to challenge are those that start off by putting the UK in an exaggerated bad light.I think this is just as unnecessary as those'attacking' Australia.
If people are grown up enough to decide to take their families halfway round the world then they should also be grown up enough to debate their corner in a logical and rational way. So that we can all learn something.

Best wishes

G

Wise words.....

which come with experience.
Old May 3rd 2004, 8:49 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by steandleigh
Wise words.....

which come with experience.
Leigh,
Are you calling Grayling an old fart ?
Old May 3rd 2004, 8:52 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix
Leigh,
Are you calling Grayling an old fart ?
Hey Bix
You are not far behind

G
Old May 3rd 2004, 8:55 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Bix
You are not far behind

G
Look right - look left - look behind - Shhhhhhhh......
Old May 3rd 2004, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Nope,

just expressing a preference for the older man!
Old May 3rd 2004, 8:59 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Nope,

just expressing a preference for the older man!
Leigh

I think you've just made TWO 'older' men very happy

G
Old May 3rd 2004, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Leigh

I think you've just made TWO 'older' men very happy

G

" All in a days work!!!! "

Seriously 'tho, theres no substitution for experience.

I'm a realist and prefer to listen to you guys and your take on life because you've been there and done it.

'Bless 'ya.
Old May 3rd 2004, 9:11 am
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

I know I havent been on here very long But I want to say I am reallly going to miss your posts badge! Yes we all need to know the good and bad to make a rational decision. And I dont think anybody should be criticised for their opinion. this is such a big decision for any body making such a big move. there are so many things to be considered. I read the 'bad stuff' posts to keep my feet firmly planted and also to give me some insight and think in advance of all the things that could happen. BUT... I think those of us that have decided to make a go of it also really need to read some encouraging stuff... makes us stronger and gives us a little confidence. So, my thanks to you all that take the time to give us your input on it. I cant imagine not having all this information to get some perspective on things. All those of you that are there or have been there can tell us about all the little things that are important to us. neighborhoods, schools, shops, areas to be avoided, and so much more.
PLEASE! DONT EVERYONE LEAVE US!!!!
ps. I do agree there is one person who gets annoying with too much negativity.
anyway, good luck to you Badge and family. hope you have many happy years in Oz.
Old May 3rd 2004, 9:11 am
Bix
da Bonehead

" All in a days work!!!! "

Seriously 'tho, theres no substitution for experience.

I'm a realist and prefer to listen to you guys and your take on life because you've been there and done it.

'Bless 'ya.
Could you have a word with my teenagers please ?
Old May 3rd 2004, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Bix
Could you have a word with my teenagers please ?
Am currently in the process of cultivating my own...aged 5 and 3!!!!

It's a long haul, but I hope that they will gain some small amount of commonsense from us...regarding the 'olds'!!!!!!

( YES, I know that one day I will be one of the 'olds' and YES I'm sure that our kids will probably have the same: 'who cares, it's ME who's the young one, so sod the future, attitude, just as we all once did, at some time or other ).

Anyhow, keep it coming, I like it.
Old May 3rd 2004, 10:24 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally posted by janeyray
Not sure who this post is intended for (me being one?) but I haven't noticed a large amount of negativity (if thats what you feel it is?)
With posts like yours it's hard not to be driven off the board.
Hope you feel better now Larrisa
Perhaps you should spend more time on the going back forum. After all, over there you said you find this forum boring.
Or was that just to satiate a need to suck up to Dotty ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by dotty

See the OZ forum has died a nasty death since I left, nearly fell asleep reading it ZZZZZZZZZZ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by janeyray

Oh I know!!!!!!
Might just take another peek to try and liven things up a bit!! lol
Old May 3rd 2004, 10:57 am
Location.. in my office

cadabra is an unknown quantity at this point

OOOOH Bix

so i wasn't the only one that noticed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.