Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Badge's Public Retirement

Wikiposts

Badge's Public Retirement

Old May 2nd 2004, 2:30 pm
Badge

Default Badge's Public Retirement

I would like to announce my public retirement from this forum. I'm sick of ''Badge'' and would like to spend more time with my wife to be. 3 conditions have been met.

1) I'm HERE
2) She's HERE.
3) Ã? have a full time job.

I would like to apologise for my enthusiasm and the times I have got
a) Political
b) Defensive eg this one is for you Mike! (I get wound up if I think someone is acusing me of being a lier, or if people doubt my actions or experiences!!).
c) tiresome.

This all stems of my love of Australia, and /or homesickness for this country which rose tinted glasses, or not, I still think is the lucky country. I am amused to see the reputation I have built up on this site, if I may call it that, (initially inadvertently) and whilst I AM most decidedly Badge, I don't always like BEING BADGE.

Good luck to you all. Take care of yourselves. Keep smiling, stay focused, look for the positivity in everything, keep learning, keep experiencing, keep bettering yourself. Know, and understand yourself before you learn others. Know your weaknesses, turn them in to positives. Don't give up. And above all, share with others.

Please PM me if you need or want anything.

BM

PS This is what I wrote about my views on positivity and negativity on ABC's thread which explains my very existence: (please excuse Badgerisms, spelling mistakes, bad grammar, yadda yadda)

"Thanks ABC..of course the way you come over on a forum is always different from the reality.

I post without ever checking my spelling, what I've written etc.

I do OK over here because

1) I like Australian culture, sports lifestyle. There is no missing anything, no whinging.
2) I've always been able to get on with anyone or anybody.
3) I am a positive person who has got around a fair bit so is able to bring a lot of life's experience and skill to different, awkward, stressful situations. I am very multi-faceted and multi-skilled. I guess I am your annoying man down the pub who 'knows everything'(!!) Although of course I don't. This gives me alot of confidence, but I am always laid back with it.

(Sure I also like to have a laugh at my own expense, when I am with friends I bring my enthusiasm out. I can also be quiet when the situation demands it. Those who know me well also know I can be very tolerant, sensitive to people, patient and diplomatic.- I'm not all gung ho.)

The one reason I think I do well over here in terms of positivity is because I am admittedly generous in spirit, positive spirit, which doesn't cost much. This is the one thing I see everywhere in Australia. Of course, you get in the UK too but it's often with caveats or after you've known someone for a while. Or you get confidence in the UK, but it is a negative confidence. I can't otherwise explain it. If you don't know what I mean then you don't get it and will probably hate the Australian version.

I'd also like to say of course that not all Australians are positive or happy or whatever we want to call it, but they all recognise it as a good trait. Hence the Australian 'good on ya' etc. British people tend to reward stubborn effort, luck and drive less. Maybe it is just reserve".

Old May 2nd 2004, 2:37 pm
Badge

Default Re: Badge's Public Retirement

and for those who will now diss me behind my back:

I am sure I will get to hear of them. And no doubt my ego will swell.

And the more you argue with me the stronger I get

BM

Old May 2nd 2004, 3:25 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Badge's Public Retirement

Originally posted by badgersmount
and for those who will now diss me behind my back:

I am sure I will get to hear of them. And no doubt my ego will swell.

And the more you argue with me the stronger I get

BM

BM..awwww I will miss your postings. Like I said to you before I wish you much luck and happiness here in OZ, just because I am returning it does not mean I will argue the toss with you. We are all entitled to our opinions be them good or bad.

All the best and carry on being happy.

You have always been very polite in your threads and that goes along way in my books unlike some peeps.!!

Cheers mate

Pants
Old May 2nd 2004, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all
Default cheers

cheers badgersmount
I am retiring too! - cant handle reading posts from people who want to go back to the uk. It just makes me feel sh*tty. I would rather just get on with my life here and I feel a lot happier when I dont dwell on life elsewhere!
So I agree - be positive and your life will benefit....afterall.....what will be will be!

cheers

Last edited by wombatboy; May 2nd 2004 at 3:33 pm.
Old May 2nd 2004, 4:25 pm
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old May 2nd 2004, 4:27 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old May 2nd 2004, 4:31 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

First Brad Fittler now you. You may have been over enthusiastic etc but you were not boring and your posts started some good debates. Enjoy Melbourne and I hope you find what you want out of life.

All the best.
Old May 2nd 2004, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

It was of course a decidedly English thing you did in electing to support a totally woeful football team.

I can of course relate to that:

Spurs
Tigers
Swans
Old May 2nd 2004, 4:50 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Thanks for being.
Old May 2nd 2004, 4:52 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by RichS
It was of course a decidedly English thing you did in electing to support a totally woeful football team.

I can of course relate to that:

Spurs
Tigers
Swans
How long do you give Pleat?
Old May 2nd 2004, 4:59 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Badge. Mate! What can I say? we'll miss you and your posts, hope you pop back in from time to time.

But you're much better off spending the time with Mrs B and your non-cyber mates, truth be told, so I reckon we'll all come to this phase.

All the best.
Old May 2nd 2004, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll be missed!
Let us know when you publish your book wish you and Mrs B all the best.
Old May 2nd 2004, 6:31 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

bye dont know how anyone can say theyre not gonna post on here again it seems so ... final. Ill just fade away like most peeps on here
Old May 2nd 2004, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Badge you are a great guy, your enthusiasm will be missed on this forum.

I know what you mean about the wingers, the main reason I keep posting is to tell all the pre-emigrants that we don't all want to go back to dull England.

Hope to see you again soon, we might come down to Melbourne later in the year, so will be in touch.

Good luck to you and your mrs.

Tinax
Old May 2nd 2004, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you.

All the best - and be happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.