Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

From Bad to Great to Confused

From Bad to Great to Confused

Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:51 am
days go by n i wonder why

xxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to all
Talking From Bad to Great to Confused

When i first started writing here i was upset and i really did not enjoy Australia! I couldn't make any friends and all i kept wondering was when i will be ever to go back to the UK! I have now settled and i have just had my 15th birthday and my party is coming up soon! I have made so many friends and they are the best! But what i still don't get is whenever i speak to my friends from the UK i get very upset for days and hide out in my room! It has got easier but i still really want to go back, I'm scared if i do everyone will treat me differently but if i don't i will never see my friends again! Its really weird how i still call them my friends i know i will probably see them every two years or whatever but i was once friends with them and i still think of them as my friends! It was great moving here and i don't want to move for a forth time as i was born in south africa moved to England then settled in Australia if my parents ever suggest moving again i think i may chain myself to my house and never leave LOL
xxxx
Jess
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: From Bad to Great to Confused

I'm glad you have settled in oz and understand you wouldnt want to move again after doing it 4 times!!

How long have you been in australia? It must be difficult making new friends and one of my worries as a mum of a 13 yr old . You seem to have done really well though and it is only to be expected that you feel upset after speaking to you UK mates - dont beat yourself up about it, your doing great, just enjoy it
Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:03 am
days go by n i wonder why

xxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to all

I have been living in australia for 1 year and 8 months! It has been a bumpy road for me and my brother trying to fit in. My brother hsa moved schools twice in the last year due to bullying! but now everything is fine we bought a house last year and we are renovating! We also have a dog called Harry to keep us company and the area we are in is very friendly and has a lot of sport opportunities!
xx
Jess
Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:18 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxxCoolJessxxx
When i first started writing here i was upset and i really did not enjoy Australia! I couldn't make any friends and all i kept wondering was when i will be ever to go back to the UK! I have now settled and i have just had my 15th birthday and my party is coming up soon! I have made so many friends and they are the best! But what i still don't get is whenever i speak to my friends from the UK i get very upset for days and hide out in my room! It has got easier but i still really want to go back, I'm scared if i do everyone will treat me differently but if i don't i will never see my friends again! Its really weird how i still call them my friends i know i will probably see them every two years or whatever but i was once friends with them and i still think of them as my friends! It was great moving here and i don't want to move for a forth time as i was born in south africa moved to England then settled in Australia if my parents ever suggest moving again i think i may chain myself to my house and never leave LOL
xxxx
Jess
Hi Jess,

It's really normal what you're feeling. I feel that way and I am over double your age. My son feels like this and he's half your age. You're really lucky in that you have made some great friends at different corners of the world. Now that's amazing

Cheers

Ginny
Old Sep 5th 2007, 11:00 pm
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by xxxCoolJessxxx
I have made so many friends and they are the best! But what i still don't get is whenever i speak to my friends from the UK i get very upset for days and hide out in my room! It has got easier but i still really want to go back, I'm scared if i do everyone will treat me differently but if i don't i will never see my friends again! Its really weird how i still call them my friends i know i will probably see them every two years or whatever but i was once friends with them and i still think of them as my friends! It was great moving here and i don't want to move for a forth time as i was born in south africa moved to England then settled in Australia if my parents ever suggest moving again i think i may chain myself to my house and never leave LOL
xxxx
Jess
Jess of course you still think of them as your friends, they are! My Mum came out to see me 4 years ago and she also went to Sydney to meet her friend who moved to Australia when she was 14 - It had been 55 years since they had seen each other and they still got on fantastically - they had kept in touch by a couple of letters a year. Still friends!

You may find that you don't write/email/phone quite as much as you used to after a while but the real friends are the ones that you pick up the phone and it doesn't matter how long it has been since you spoke you still feel comfortable together.
No wonder you have made so many great friends here either as you sound like a fantastic, optimistic,mature young lady. Good for you with your great attitude.
My daughter (11) saw her best friend when we went back to England in Jun/July and after 5 minutes you wouldn't have know that they hadn't seen each other since they were 7. Yes there were tears when they said goodbye but me and my best-friend are 34 and we bawled our eyes out like the best of them!

You are completely normal and I wish you well.

LJJ