Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Back from a very quick validation trip

Back from a very quick validation trip

Old Aug 26th 2005, 2:23 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back from a very quick validation trip

[QUOTE=Rooksie]
Originally Posted by Bix

OI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive pm'd you!?!?!!?
Oops.......sorry darling

Have been without internet at home for 2 days and only just caught up to page one. Haven't read Sams stories yet either.

Like British rail............I'm getting there
Old Aug 26th 2005, 2:27 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Bix]
Originally Posted by Rooksie

Oops.......sorry darling

Have been without internet at home for 2 days and only just caught up to page one. Haven't read Sams stories yet either.

Like British rail............I'm getting there
my experience with british rail is you end up catching a coach they decide to lay on for you after you have run the entire length of each platform at least ten times!! and then they sit back and laugh while 400 commuters try to get on an 50 seater coach!! they then decide to tell you that the coach isnt in fact going anywhere near your destination anyway!! oh happy days

anyway, went off on one a bit there

i shall wait patiently
Old Aug 26th 2005, 2:33 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Now I'm really confused Was that a typo were you being honest. Tough?

Hmmm, I haven't met you yet either, though I have had the pleasure of the Dagboys and a few others. They still talk to me, so I'm obviously not that repulsive
Oops.......I'm having to use that word a lot tonight
Twas indeed an error of the fingers and should have read "though".

I notice you used the word pleasure in conjunction with Dagboys which I find a bit strange.

Now MrD reminded me of someone from a 60's pop band but I can't quite place who it was. Mmmmmmm maybe it was Herman from the Hermits ? Actually he looks quite young for his age don't you think ? I was impressed by his motorised zimmerframe though.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 2:42 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Back from a very quick validation trip

[QUOTE=Rooksie]
Originally Posted by Bix

my experience with british rail is you end up catching a coach they decide to lay on for you after you have run the entire length of each platform at least ten times!! and then they sit back and laugh while 400 commuters try to get on an 50 seater coach!! they then decide to tell you that the coach isnt in fact going anywhere near your destination anyway!! oh happy days

anyway, went off on one a bit there

i shall wait patiently
British Rail is an absolute joke; I cannot believe that it is still in business.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 2:46 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Vash the Stampede]
Originally Posted by Rooksie

British Rail is an absolute joke; I cannot believe that it is still in business.

i used to catch train from kidderminster into New Street or Snow Hill Birmingham. gave up in the end and drove in!!!! pain in the friggin ass it was
Old Aug 26th 2005, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

sue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Well, still not quite sure what day it is or what the time is but the weather is the same (our summer, their winter ).

Flew from Heathrow last Thursday lunchtime, arrived in Brissie Friday evening to be met by very kind Mrs Dagboy holding a sign saying "moneypen" - thank god I haven't got a really bizarre username

Robyn and Eddie put me up for a couple of days - thank you thank you thank you - karma on it's way Haven't eaten so much shellfish ever but it was fantastic. Good to meet up with Arnie2oz and Nikkers again. Driven around most (possibly all) of Bayside and brain is completely frazzled as to what area is where!

Robyn drove me down to Upper Coomera where lovely Colette and Les (wholeworldwindow) put me up Monday night - thanks guys you are great - considering how little you went out with, you have done brilliantly. Colette then drove me round the area which I have to say is probably more "us" than Bayside. Don't live in a city now so don't think we will there.

Tuesday afternoon got the train back to Brissie, met Eddie and drove back to theirs and went out to eat AGAIN with some friends of theirs - very nice people. Wednesday morning sat by the pool and finished Harry Potter. Finally saw some wildlife (no not Eddie swimming!) - two cockatoos! before going back to the airport and flying home arriving last night.

Haven't had a chance of jetlag and was possibly mad to do such a short trip but hey ho

All I can say is - I LOVE THE PLACE so that was a relief. Didn't know how I would have explained to hubby that although we have sold the house, I hated Aus!!

I think we will definitely (possibly) settle in the North Gold Coast region - seems to have most things we are looking for - exception might be work - but hey, the sun shines

In short, shattered but excited and terrified about the future. Eddie, Robyn, Colette and Les plus assorted children thanks again for taking care of me and showing me soooooo much.

Flight back was a pain in the arse (literally) - definitely (probably) only doing one way next time
Hi penny

glad you had a good time sounds great

how are graham and nikki?

perhaps we could have another meet soon in hertford it would be nice to catch up

speak soon

sue and mick
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sue and mick
Hi penny

glad you had a good time sounds great

how are graham and nikki?

perhaps we could have another meet soon in hertford it would be nice to catch up

speak soon

sue and mick
Hya! It was fab. Graham and Nikki are very happy. Have a beautiful house, Graham has his boat moored at the bottom of the garden and they seem like they have been there for ever.

We should be heading out November time so should try and fit in a meet between now and then.

Heard anything from TRA yet?
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:24 pm
BLC

Wonderful to hear you had a good time and back safe, thought we had lost another poster when we did not hear from you

See I don't keep up with current BE affairs very well.

B

Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BLC
Wonderful to hear you had a good time and back safe, thought we had lost another poster when we did not hear from you

See I don't keep up with current BE affairs very well.

B
You don't get rid of me that easily How you doing?
Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:39 pm
BLC

You don't get rid of me that easily How you doing?

Can't complain . . . mind you if I did the Trollies may come along and gobble me up :scared:

Old Aug 26th 2005, 5:34 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Well, still not quite sure what day it is or what the time is but the weather is the same (our summer, their winter ).

Flew from Heathrow last Thursday lunchtime, arrived in Brissie Friday evening to be met by very kind Mrs Dagboy holding a sign saying "moneypen" - thank god I haven't got a really bizarre username

Robyn and Eddie put me up for a couple of days - thank you thank you thank you - karma on it's way Haven't eaten so much shellfish ever but it was fantastic. Good to meet up with Arnie2oz and Nikkers again. Driven around most (possibly all) of Bayside and brain is completely frazzled as to what area is where!

Robyn drove me down to Upper Coomera where lovely Colette and Les (wholeworldwindow) put me up Monday night - thanks guys you are great - considering how little you went out with, you have done brilliantly. Colette then drove me round the area which I have to say is probably more "us" than Bayside. Don't live in a city now so don't think we will there.

Tuesday afternoon got the train back to Brissie, met Eddie and drove back to theirs and went out to eat AGAIN with some friends of theirs - very nice people. Wednesday morning sat by the pool and finished Harry Potter. Finally saw some wildlife (no not Eddie swimming!) - two cockatoos! before going back to the airport and flying home arriving last night.

Haven't had a chance of jetlag and was possibly mad to do such a short trip but hey ho

All I can say is - I LOVE THE PLACE so that was a relief. Didn't know how I would have explained to hubby that although we have sold the house, I hated Aus!!

I think we will definitely (possibly) settle in the North Gold Coast region - seems to have most things we are looking for - exception might be work - but hey, the sun shines

In short, shattered but excited and terrified about the future. Eddie, Robyn, Colette and Les plus assorted children thanks again for taking care of me and showing me soooooo much.

Flight back was a pain in the arse (literally) - definitely (probably) only doing one way next time

Wow, that was some trip. Glad you got a chance to look around.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

sue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the rough

Hya! It was fab. Graham and Nikki are very happy. Have a beautiful house, Graham has his boat moored at the bottom of the garden and they seem like they have been there for ever.

We should be heading out November time so should try and fit in a meet between now and then.

Heard anything from TRA yet?
Hi penny

our tra went off to the powers that be last week agent said 10-12 weeks i hope a bit less, its taken us 7 months to prepare so let that be a lesson to anyone starting out on there tra application

would love to meet up before you go, and leave us as nobby no mates at the hertford meet, we are away 3-10 nov apart from that any time would be great

speak soon

sue