Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

back to college!!!!!!

back to college!!!!!!

Old Sep 29th 2005, 8:41 am
Just Joined

mel n jay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default back to college!!!!!!

If and when my family get to Oz i would like to back to college.We are going on my wife's skills not mine.Can anyone give me any advice on whether the Ozzy education system caters for mature students?I myself have always wanted to go back into hard landscaping/landscape design which i started at college but did not finish the course and qualify due to unforeseen circumstances(first child on the way then the second)and then just lost my way so with the chance of a new start i think its time to go back and do what i want to do. :scared:
Old Sep 29th 2005, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: back to college!!!!!!

Lots of mature people go to tafe (college) or uni. In my class at college there is only 1 'young' one, all the rest are older.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 9:38 am
Just Joined

mel n jay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mand8002
Lots of mature people go to tafe (college) or uni. In my class at college there is only 1 'young' one, all the rest are older.
Thanks for your reply,are you expanding your knowledge of your previous job or is it a total change?
Old Sep 29th 2005, 9:43 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Yes you can go to college. Thats what i am about to do. You can also pay your fees in installments for many courses.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mel n jay
Thanks for your reply,are you expanding your knowledge of your previous job or is it a total change?
Hi
I am doing something totally different. I am studying accounting at the moment. I ran my own little internet business in the UK.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 10:41 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mel n jay
If and when my family get to Oz i would like to back to college.We are going on my wife's skills not mine.Can anyone give me any advice on whether the Ozzy education system caters for mature students?I myself have always wanted to go back into hard landscaping/landscape design which i started at college but did not finish the course and qualify due to unforeseen circumstances(first child on the way then the second)and then just lost my way so with the chance of a new start i think its time to go back and do what i want to do. :scared:
Hi this is something I'd like to do also, though I've no idea which course, just want a new life new direction.

Do you have to be a citizen to go to College or is PR enough?

Possoms
Old Sep 29th 2005, 10:49 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi this is something I'd like to do also, though I've no idea which course, just want a new life new direction.

Do you have to be a citizen to go to College or is PR enough?

Possoms
PR is enough as thats all i have till next year, but i think you have to be a citizen to be eligible for a loan.
Old Sep 29th 2005, 11:08 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
PR is enough as thats all i have till next year, but i think you have to be a citizen to be eligible for a loan.
Ah right thanks for that, I thought I'd seen something about it