Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Baby needs on the plane?????

Baby needs on the plane?????

Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:20 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baby needs on the plane?????

Originally Posted by Gothchick
Hi

Flying with Singapore airlines in a couple of weeks, 5 kids, 4 under 4, arrgghhh!!!
But wondered what can I take on board for the baby, she is going through weaning and has solid food twice a day, can I take baby milk (powdered or ready made?), what about baby juice?
Will be gald when this flight is over, bet the staff & passangers will be as well, lol!!!!!

Thanks

gothchick
Hiya.....so glad its all worked out for you guys and you'll soon be on your way to Aus, best of luck with the flight and your new life. Send my best wishes to soldierblue too! C x
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:53 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Flying with Singapore airlines in a couple of weeks, 5 kids, 4 under 4, arrgghhh!!!
But wondered what can I take on board for the baby, she is going through weaning and has solid food twice a day, can I take baby milk (powdered or ready made?), what about baby juice?
Will be gald when this flight is over, bet the staff & passangers will be as well, lol!!!!!

Thanks

gothchick
Hi we flew via Singapore airlines with a 2yr old we had a sky cot which was the best thing ever, plus you can inform them what youre child eats and they supply the food. We had no dramas, just pre book the food.
Rich
Old Mar 30th 2007, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Hi there,

We just flew Emirates from LGW to Perth through Dubai. The first flight was crap for us. Unfortunately the kids didn't settle and were crying a lot for being overtired but thankfully all kids must sleep at some point and the second flight was much better.

Security took so long at Gatwick that we almost miss our flight so be warned!!! We had to get rid of everything. I wanted to take some fruit pots with me but they had to be thrown. Like a previous post said you can by things from air side but make sure they have it.

Good luck. I hope its ok for you.

Have you got any help the other end when you arrive. That's when I think it gets tough. If someone could help you get an hour or two it really would help.

J
Old Mar 30th 2007, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Loiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant future
Angry Re: Baby needs on the plane?????

The main thing - just make sure you're not sat next to a child hater like we were on the way from NZ to Los Angeles. She kept telling me to shut my baby up. I said ' if I could do that on cue Id be a millionairess and then I wouldnt have to sit in econony class with you you silly cow'.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Baby needs on the plane?????

Hello. We are flying to Aus for 3 weeks in the Summer with a 2 1/2 year old egg and dairy allergy sufferer. Opted for an Asian airline in the hope they will have soya milk on board as a matter of course. Will be phoning them with a list of questions!

As for Phenergen, I lived abroad when younger and Mum always swore by it, as does an NZ friend who had 3 under 4 at the time she travelled! So, I had a look and unfortunately now they don't recommend it as it can cause breathing issues. However, what REALLY concerned me is that if you under OR over dose your child, the result is........HYPERACTIVITY!!!!!! OMG!!! So we will be drug free.

Itigo xx
Old Apr 7th 2007, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Gothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant future

hi

thanks to everyone who replied, not been able to get on the internet as connection probs,
only a few days and off we go!!!!

gothchick
Old Apr 7th 2007, 8:15 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

hi

thanks to everyone who replied, not been able to get on the internet as connection probs,
only a few days and off we go!!!!

gothchick
Best of luck to you and Mark, so glad it all worked out for you guys in the end. C x
Old May 16th 2007, 3:12 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Loiner
The main thing - just make sure you're not sat next to a child hater like we were on the way from NZ to Los Angeles. She kept telling me to shut my baby up. I said ' if I could do that on cue Id be a millionairess and then I wouldnt have to sit in econony class with you you silly cow'.
only just seen this - brilliant!!
Old May 19th 2007, 10:47 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

I thought all babys had to go in suitcases now ?

Hi

Thanks

gothchick
Old May 21st 2007, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

Gothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant future

hi

think that is the new rule after they had my lot on there flight!!!
think all the staff will take a sickie if I fly again

gothchick
Old May 21st 2007, 5:50 am
life's good

allison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the rough

Yeah we flew in february from manchester to heathrow then to KL then brissie. The 100ml thing was only enforced at Manchester. Basically i was made to tase the milk in the bottles for it to be allowed in the handluggage and the rest which I had in cartons had to go in the hold. It might be worth getting a container to put powder formula in (mothercare does one where you can measure 3 bottles worth) and then buy bottle of evian or euiv on the plane? If you can it is good to let the kids suck on something (drinks, sweets or dummy) while taking off and descending to help them equalise.

It will be hard and try not to worry about the other passengers. I find the guilt when your child screams is the worst thing. Try to take what toys you can fit in. Also the inflight entertainment can keep them occupied for a bit. Thank god for barney the dinosaur on malaysian airlines!

Good luck.
Old May 30th 2007, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

teljohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we are going to be flying to Brisbane with Emirates (3 months to go!!) and have 3 kids under 5. Having read the great advice so far I will book a sky cot for our 2 yr old as well as the baby (6mths). The question I wanted to ask anyone is does the baby/child that has the sky cot get a seat as well?

Really dreading the flight and the packing for all their different needs, is it one hand luggage bag per person (so the kids would be able to have one bag each for their toys and snacks)?

Good luck to all with kids out there, at least it is only a one way flight!
Old May 31st 2007, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teljohn
Hi we are going to be flying to Brisbane with Emirates (3 months to go!!) and have 3 kids under 5. Having read the great advice so far I will book a sky cot for our 2 yr old as well as the baby (6mths). The question I wanted to ask anyone is does the baby/child that has the sky cot get a seat as well?

Really dreading the flight and the packing for all their different needs, is it one hand luggage bag per person (so the kids would be able to have one bag each for their toys and snacks)?

Hi, we have just flown from London to Brisbane with Emirates and found them to be quite good, although I must admit the cabin service was a bit hit and miss at times, but overall a good flight, especially if you get the newer aircraft with ICE entertainment. Of the 6 sectors we did, we only had ICE for one of them. Also, check in online if you can, it saves heaps of time at the airport.

Yes, leaving all London airports each passenger is allowed ONE piece of hand luggage.
Old May 31st 2007, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by teljohn

My understanding is that you can only book the sky cot for children under 2 and no they don't get a seat as well. For over 2years you are looking at buying a child fare.

Sky cots are quite small so do check with the airlines on the length as some only fit babies up to 8/9months!!!! We have always purchased tickets for our kids from 11months up and used car seats. Probably won't use car seats again for our eldest she's nearly 3 but they both slept much better in them when we flew a couple of months back (and you don't have to take them out for turbulence. The parents trying to get away with paying the fares were constantly taking there kids out of the sky cots for this problem. Our slept for a good few hours straight and we did to along with them.

J