Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Baby needs on the plane?????

Baby needs on the plane?????

Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Gothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant future
Question Baby needs on the plane?????

Hi

Flying with Singapore airlines in a couple of weeks, 5 kids, 4 under 4, arrgghhh!!!
But wondered what can I take on board for the baby, she is going through weaning and has solid food twice a day, can I take baby milk (powdered or ready made?), what about baby juice?
Will be gald when this flight is over, bet the staff & passangers will be as well, lol!!!!!

Thanks

gothchick
Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:46 pm
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all
Default Re: Baby needs on the plane?????

Originally Posted by Gothchick
Hi

Flying with Singapore airlines in a couple of weeks, 5 kids, 4 under 4, arrgghhh!!!
But wondered what can I take on board for the baby, she is going through weaning and has solid food twice a day, can I take baby milk (powdered or ready made?), what about baby juice?
Will be gald when this flight is over, bet the staff & passangers will be as well, lol!!!!!

Thanks

gothchick
Hi, not sure about what your allowed to take these days with regard to hand luggage but I think if you take any food or milk you need to taste it in front of them at checkin.

When we flew July 06 our youngest was 7 months and I took a small cool bag with yogurts and some jars of porridge plus wee snacks.

Your best bet is to check with the airline, try their website, also they might provide you with jars for the baby enroute and heat them up for you, emirates did anyway.

sorry I can't be of more help,

ob
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Gothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant future

hi

thanks, will give them a ring.
will be on hold for an hour, should employ more staff!!!!

gothchick
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light

to be honest you're probably better off trying the airport. I just flew my 5 month old to italy from manchester and was asked to test the water and milk for her whilst leaving manchester. However on the way home, the airport security were all busy fussing over her they didn't ask me to taste wate rand milk, we also didn't realise but we had took 2 bottles of pop in the hand luggage. . . everyone else in the group had to get rid of theirs. oops
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ted-items.shtm

this might help?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

hi

thanks for the link, it's great, like the way it's been worded, what about the bit that says:

'Baby formula and breast milk are allowed in your carry-on baggage or personal items.' - Hope they don't want me to leave the breast milk behind, lol.
and this bit:
'All items including formula or breast milk will be inspected' - that's scary, who's inspecting it, lol.

Just my perverse sense of humour.

Gothchick
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

lets hope they only have to inspect items containing expressed breast milk . . .

i was half expecting to have to put my baby on the conveyor belt to be scanned lol.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:53 pm
Essex to Oz

Niccizoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Im dreading the flight, 4 kids under 6. Especially with all these new rules. We popped to Ireland at the weekend and i had all my toiletries taken off me, contact lens solution, shampoo, vaseline etc so god knows whats allowed regarding babies.

Mind you by the time we get our visas the baby will probably be munching steak
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:23 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

haven't got any advice for you, but I hope the flight goes well for you. you must have the patience of a saint
bec
good luck
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:09 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Good luck with the kids! Remember that once you get past security you can buy pretty much everything you need or young kids (including jar food, the small packs of pre-mixed formula etc) from Boots. I called up Boots at the airport a week before flying and got them to put some formula and jar food aside for me. Picked it all up within 10 minutes of getting through security. No problems!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:33 am

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ridds
Good luck with the kids! Remember that once you get past security you can buy pretty much everything you need or young kids (including jar food, the small packs of pre-mixed formula etc) from Boots. I called up Boots at the airport a week before flying and got them to put some formula and jar food aside for me. Picked it all up within 10 minutes of getting through security. No problems!
yep, i spoke to nice cathay pacific man who told me this also. im dreading the flight though can you still buy phenergan !!!!!!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:17 am
JONES FAMILY

HOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to allHOPPITY is a name known to all

Hi we went with Singapore in August last year, when the big security alert was going on, we could only take things in a see through bag, I had to taste my baby milk in front of security thank god it wasnt breast milk lol I would also make sure you book the bulk head seats in advance as you will get more room with the kids, you can also get a sky cot if you have a baby, and to be honest you will probably find that your kids may sleep a lot of the way as the sound of the aircraft seems to knock them out, just double check with the airline as I am sure things are a little more laid back now than they were then

Sarahx
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Check with the airport that you are leaving from for the current regulations - most of the UK ones will be the same as Heathrow
Its the airport that employs the security guys, not the airline.

The rule about plastic bags for small amount of liquids (100ml) is still in existence; as is the rule about one carry on bag only, and they WILL enforce it.

Lastly, if you want a sky cot and bulkhead seat don't expect to get one unless you book in advance with the airline. Please don't turn up and expect there to be one free, you are more than likely to be disappointed.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

The rule about plastic bags for small amount of liquids (100ml) is still in existence; as is the rule about one carry on bag only, and they WILL enforce it.

Last time we flew the 100ml thing was only on the UK to aus leg, but read on sunday that this will soon be the case leaving OZ too, think most people still think out of oz is OK but no longer it seems.

Agree on sky cots, book or you wont get one, last flight we did had 15 babies best tip for travelling with kids is plenty of spare clothing, somebody is bound to puke everywhere, actually take spare clothes even if you dont have your own babies, last flight we did the baby in front of us puked the entire journey, however they still kept feeding it them walking it up and down the aisle which resulted in our row being sprayed with puke twice
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Last time we flew the 100ml thing was only on the UK to aus leg, but read on sunday that this will soon be the case leaving OZ too, think most people still think out of oz is OK but no longer it seems.

Agree on sky cots, book or you wont get one, last flight we did had 15 babies best tip for travelling with kids is plenty of spare clothing, somebody is bound to puke everywhere, actually take spare clothes even if you dont have your own babies, last flight we did the baby in front of us puked the entire journey, however they still kept feeding it them walking it up and down the aisle which resulted in our row being sprayed with puke twice
As from tomorrow 31 March, the new restrictions apply on any international flight leaving Oz.

Last edited by sassie; Mar 29th 2007 at 9:28 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.