Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Babies in Oz....what to take??

Babies in Oz....what to take??

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

wesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nice
Default Babies in Oz....what to take??

Any help appreciated!!!

First things first, we hope to be in Oz asap, once house sells we are on the plane! In preparation, I have been sorting through the loft and did not realise just how many clothes, toys and general baby stuff we have got. We are planning on having another once we get there, but I wasn't sure what or how much to take.

I know it's never cheap having a baby but did anyone haul all of there stuff over or wished they had brought that vital rattle! I've put aside all the newborn clothes, but all the other clothes our little boy has worn are still in such good condition it seems a shame not to bring them.......only problem is if I have a girl!!!!!

Jo
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Babies in Oz....what to take??

Originally Posted by wesleyandjoanne
Any help appreciated!!!

First things first, we hope to be in Oz asap, once house sells we are on the plane! In preparation, I have been sorting through the loft and did not realise just how many clothes, toys and general baby stuff we have got. We are planning on having another once we get there, but I wasn't sure what or how much to take.

I know it's never cheap having a baby but did anyone haul all of there stuff over or wished they had brought that vital rattle! I've put aside all the newborn clothes, but all the other clothes our little boy has worn are still in such good condition it seems a shame not to bring them.......only problem is if I have a girl!!!!!

Jo
Bring them. If you did have a girl then you could always sell them on e-bay or have a garage sale
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Not speaking from experience here, but I reckon the baby wouldn't be overly traumatised if forced to wear clothes of the 'wrong' colour for the first few months of life. You could always buy one very girly outfit for photos!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

I would bring it all, you can always sell it, things are expensive here for babies, I had one and when I compare I got stuff sent over from the UK such as steriliser, monitor. Etc You can always sell them over here.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 12:39 am
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

I found things here more expensive for babies too so bring everything. Also they don't have anything like Mothercare or Mamas & Papas. They do have baby shops but to me they always seem massively disorganised or not to have as much range all under the one roof like Mothercare.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

wesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nicewesleyandjoanne is just really nice

Thanks for all of your tips

I found the same when I was searching the web, but then I suppose you get used to having it so easy at Mothercare.

I was thinking though, alot of the clothes I have for my son, may well end up in the wrong season for over there. Have tried to judge what another one might get the wear out of?? Nightmare!

Thanks again, Jo x
Old Jan 24th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all

Good question to ask, We plan on having another once we're settled so it's great to hear good advice like this.

I was planning on getting rid of all my baby gear, but will definitely be shipping it over now!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mancfamily
Good question to ask, We plan on having another once we're settled so it's great to hear good advice like this.

I was planning on getting rid of all my baby gear, but will definitely be shipping it over now!
I'd say ship everything if you've got a container. Places like Target are good for buggies etc - we had to buy a cheap one when Emirates "misplaced" our buggy - ie, it didnt turn up at Perth! We were loaned one of the airports - but it was like an old shopping trolley - ie, the wheels had a mind of their own. After 3 days we bought a really good buggy for about £40 in Target - and it had a great sun-shade net that came with it... so some stuff is reasonable but there's not as much choice as here....