BA or Emirates?

Old May 31st 2007, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BA or Emirates?

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Emirates - superb
Getting close for u now nerves must be kicking in. Cooling down here now will help u acclimatise before summer. Just moved into our new home you must come round for a beer when u are settled Have a good trip
Raven
Old Jun 1st 2007, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jon and alex;4852219]emirates were absolutely aweful last time I flew with them, which was LHR - Dubai - Syd in April and back again in May this year.
Can't fault the food which was excellent. The entertainment was good until my unit broke on one flight.
The service was abysmal.
Staff couldn't be bothered to come round with drinks. Pressing the button to call them was met with ignorance. When I went back to get the drink myself I found them all sitting with magazines or having a chat and had to interrupt them to ask for my drink and they acted as though I was being really cheeky and how dare I ask for a beer! The only time drinks were actually brought round was with the food.

Hi. I can relate to that. We have just flown Brisbane Singapore Dubai Gatwick return with Emirates and after hearing such great things about them, we found the cabin service to be appalling. There just didn’t’ seem to be any consistency, and you weren’t quite sure what you were going to get next. Usually there was no bar service, you got offered a drink when the meals were handed out, and if you want a coffee or tea, make sure you hang on to your cups. They came around collecting all the finished trays before tea and coffee had been served, taking the cups with them!! Oh and I lost count of the times that they crashed their trolleys into the seats (usually ours) – and no, there was no turbulence.

On our flight from Singapore to Brisbane, a couple were seated in the wrong seats and it took a 15 year old school boy to point out their error, the cabin crew didn’t’ want to know.

And on a couple of the sectors they tended to switch off the IFE (inflight entertainment system) about 1/2 before landing, which was rather annoying if you wanted to continue using the airshow map or the forward and down cameras.

I must admit, I wasn’t that impressed, but we will continue to fly with them for the convenience of being able to fly into Gatwick.

If you do use Emirates, use their online check in. it saves heaps of time at the airport. Another pointer, they tend to allocate seats a couple of days before departure, and when you check in online, if their are seats not allocated, you are able to change. We found they tended to give us crap seats E & F which is the middle 2 seats in the centre 4 section, so we were able to change.

Last edited by sassie; Jun 1st 2007 at 2:19 am.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

lfc4eva is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MightyMouse
lol - reckon it's a foregone conclusion....I've posted this on 2 other forums on BE and not one person has suggested BA...wow.

Will call Emirates tomorrow and get the flights booked. Now I need to try and explain to the 'not very good at understanding English' call centre team that I want to bring my daughters car seat for the journey...and that I'd like it to be on the Dubai flight as well.

Wish me luck !
I've seen on a previous post that u.k. car seats don't meet the stringent australian safety mark . you may be better off buying a new one out there.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

MightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lfc4eva
I've seen on a previous post that u.k. car seats don't meet the stringent australian safety mark . you may be better off buying a new one out there.
I'm already in Oz..returning to the UK. I know the Oz car seat probably won't be secure in a UK car as we don't have the centre bolt..but it'll do till I get to the shops the day after I return.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates definitely (8 or 9 times UK-Oz-UK with them, 3 times with BA, never again for the latter, 'The World's Favourite Airline', you've got to be kidding!).

I don't know why someone said cramped - Emirates are known for their better than average seat pitch on all of their planes (BA and Qantas aren't)??

FWIW, I've never once had a problem with service or getting something out of meal times ('the smile you send out returns to you'?)

OzTennis
Old Jun 1st 2007, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

MightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to behold

Looks like it's fairly unanimous I booked our flights with Emirates today... going to join their skyclub, or whatever it's called..so we can check in the day before..try and guarantee a bulkhead seat.

Now I just need to pray that the car seat fits...the width of the seat is just under 44cm...as is the car seat!