BA or Emirates?

Old May 30th 2007, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BA or Emirates?

Originally Posted by MightyMouse
I just got a cheaper quote with http://www.bestflights.com.au

We're flying Perth-Dubai-Glasgow...most direct route for us. One way prices are shocking at the moment..was told they're not much less than for return flights. We're buy 4 seats - 2 adults..2 children...cheapest with Emirates is $6100
Thanks for that link.
Gone are the days of the cheap Aus/UK flights!

We are looking at going to the UK beginning of December and returning end of January - 2 adults, 2 children, $10,000 plus.

So much for popping back for a UK visit whenever the fancy takes you!!!!
Old May 30th 2007, 12:35 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Qantas will upgrade FF"s depending on status if he is platinum and economy is oversold then goodchance of getting bumped. He can ask at the lounge last time i asked they bumped me and ive had it happen 2 other times without asking

Try to pick odd flight times eg: the daytime thursday flight singapore->brisbane is empty but the night time flight is full......being in economy in a half empty plane is a lot nicer regardless
Old May 30th 2007, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

KloofToo has a brilliant futureKloofToo has a brilliant futureKloofToo has a brilliant futureKloofToo has a brilliant futureKloofToo has a brilliant futureKloofToo has a brilliant future

Hi,
We're returning to the UK - trying to figure out who to fly home with.
We flew out with Emirates..couldn't fault them..never flown with BA/Qantas.

BA are cheaper - but 4hrs more travel..plus an additional flight (we have a 3yo & 1yo)
However - BA leaves 15:30....Emirates leaves 22:30 (by which time we'd be on our way to London with BA).

Also - husband is a Qantas frequent flyer - might get 1 business class upgrade (which I'd use of course, lol).

So what do you reckon. Cheaper (but longer) journey with BA...or slightly more dearer (but with one less flight) with Emirates.
If your end destination is Glasgow, I would suggest Emirates (two Flights)........I have flown BA & Emirates many times and they are out of the same "Pod", so very little difference.
Just for clarity, how many aircraft changes do you have with BA?

Cheers
Old May 30th 2007, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

MightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by KloofToo
If your end destination is Glasgow, I would suggest Emirates (two Flights)........I have flown BA & Emirates many times and they are out of the same "Pod", so very little difference.
Just for clarity, how many aircraft changes do you have with BA?

Cheers
2 with BA - Singapore & London
1 with Emirates - Dubai
Old May 30th 2007, 12:57 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: BA or Emirates?

Go Emirates, don't even consider BA.
Old May 30th 2007, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

MightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Go Emirates, don't even consider BA.
lol - reckon it's a foregone conclusion....I've posted this on 2 other forums on BE and not one person has suggested BA...wow.

Will call Emirates tomorrow and get the flights booked. Now I need to try and explain to the 'not very good at understanding English' call centre team that I want to bring my daughters car seat for the journey...and that I'd like it to be on the Dubai flight as well.

Wish me luck !
Old May 30th 2007, 2:03 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
We're returning to the UK - trying to figure out who to fly home with.
We flew out with Emirates..couldn't fault them..never flown with BA/Qantas.

BA are cheaper - but 4hrs more travel..plus an additional flight (we have a 3yo & 1yo)
However - BA leaves 15:30....Emirates leaves 22:30 (by which time we'd be on our way to London with BA).

Also - husband is a Qantas frequent flyer - might get 1 business class upgrade (which I'd use of course, lol).

So what do you reckon. Cheaper (but longer) journey with BA...or slightly more dearer (but with one less flight) with Emirates.
Hi, glad to see the house worked out for you. We have flown with Emirates several times, and have found them to be outstanding on each occasion, the 10.30 flight is a superb time to fly with youngsters, and I know you have two, so that will be perfect, as they will sleep all the way to Dubai. Make sure you get the basinet at the front, if you can, and the extra legroom that comes with it, although your youngest may well be too big for the basinet, you are still entitled to it, so may as well go for it and get the extra room you will probably need. Have a safe flight, and hope everything works out when you get back.
Old May 30th 2007, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Hi, glad to see the house worked out for you. We have flown with Emirates several times, and have found them to be outstanding on each occasion, the 10.30 flight is a superb time to fly with youngsters, and I know you have two, so that will be perfect, as they will sleep all the way to Dubai. Make sure you get the basinet at the front, if you can, and the extra legroom that comes with it, although your youngest may well be too big for the basinet, you are still entitled to it, so may as well go for it and get the extra room you will probably need. Have a safe flight, and hope everything works out when you get back.
Thanks for that - things are slowly falling into place...still seems kinda up in the air at the moment but it'll all come together I'm sure. We've decided to book a seat for our daughter..so she'll hopefully sleep better in her car seat.

Just a thought - this time in 2wks we'll be on that plane...stomach drops every time I think about it ... mixed emotions now.....
Old May 30th 2007, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

emirates were absolutely aweful last time I flew with them, which was LHR - Dubai - Syd in April and back again in May this year.
Can't fault the food which was excellent. The entertainment was good until my unit broke on one flight.
The service was abysmal.
Staff couldn't be bothered to come round with drinks. Pressing the button to call them was met with ignorance. When I went back to get the drink myself I found them all sitting with magazines or having a chat and had to interrupt them to ask for my drink and they acted as though I was being really cheeky and how dare I ask for a beer! The only time drinks were actually brought round was with the food.
I flew with Emirates in 2004 and the service was vastly better. I fear that Emirates are going in the direction of Cathay and putting all their effort into first and business and the rest be buggered!!!
Also, the leg room is pretty poor - only JAL are more crampt I reckon!
Never flown long haul with BA.
Singapore are much better than Emirates.
Flew with Air New Zealand about 5 years ago and they have never been bettered for us. We are flying with them in August for our permanent move so I hope they are just as good!
Old May 31st 2007, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

BullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud ofBullcreekBob has much to be proud of

G'day

Hmmm.

BA or Emirates? - Emirates
Anyone else or Emirates? - Emirates
Anyone else or BA? - Anyone else
Walk or BA? - Walk
Not go or BA? - Not go

Cheers
Bob in Bull Creek
Old May 31st 2007, 4:57 am
Account Closed

hippymike is an unknown quantity at this point

Well this is just funny!

I have flown UK to Oz a few times with BA/Qantas, but the last time was with Emirates. I will not be flying BA/Qantas again. Emirates is just so much better.
Old May 31st 2007, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi

Flying with Emirates next week for the 1st time - only heard good things

BA/Qantas - Personally we had a fab experience with Qantas on our 1st trip, inflight entertainment/staff friendly/good size seating and leg room, etc.
BA, mmmm, im a little vertically challenged and I still found seats cramped & uncomfortable and not much leg room, in flight entertainment not working (have flown a few times with them and didnt really enjoy them). The only problem with Qantas is that sometime they will use a BA plane on a Qantas flight so it may be wise to check this.
When we booked the other week we noticed that 1/2 the flight to Oz with Qantas was BA operated and decided not to use them.

Hope this helps
Old May 31st 2007, 7:25 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Watty'n'Arls
Hi

Flying with Emirates next week for the 1st time - only heard good things

BA/Qantas - Personally we had a fab experience with Qantas on our 1st trip, inflight entertainment/staff friendly/good size seating and leg room, etc.
BA, mmmm, im a little vertically challenged and I still found seats cramped & uncomfortable and not much leg room, in flight entertainment not working (have flown a few times with them and didnt really enjoy them). The only problem with Qantas is that sometime they will use a BA plane on a Qantas flight so it may be wise to check this.
When we booked the other week we noticed that 1/2 the flight to Oz with Qantas was BA operated and decided not to use them.

Hope this helps
I would pick Emirates every time over BA/QANTAS. And you could get a reward card for Emirates, I've done this and after a few flights managed to get upgraded onece. And with the airmiles I've booked a free night in a hotel. This time when we are flying out to move to Oz we have booked buisness and upgraded to First class on the first leg. Because we have both flown a few times even got another night in a hotel in Dubai. To join the program you goto www.skywards.com
Hope this helps.
Gary and Vikky
Old May 31st 2007, 8:38 pm
Aussie wannabe!!

LoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really nice

I am so pleased to see all the good posts wtritten about Emirates as weve just booked to fly with them on our reccie. We have a 1 year old and a 3 year old too. They were by far the cheapest, as we are doing a stop off in Bangkok for 3 days so saved us about £5000 compared to other airlines.
Old May 31st 2007, 8:52 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

BA every time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.