Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

average salary in adelaide

average salary in adelaide

Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:29 pm
visa granted 6th August

stevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to allstevelaird is a name known to all
Default average salary in adelaide

Hi all
i have been reading another thread about living on $60k a year for a family of 4 i will be making $65k and thought that was a half decent salary in Oz as it roughly works out to £34k which i think is a good pay in the uk. could any one tell me what the average wage is for manual workers iam a air conditioning engineer (so will be able to boost wage with lots of homers)

steve
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of
Default Re: average salary in adelaide

Originally Posted by stevelaird
Hi all
i have been reading another thread about living on $60k a year for a family of 4 i will be making $65k and thought that was a half decent salary in Oz as it roughly works out to £34k which i think is a good pay in the uk. could any one tell me what the average wage is for manual workers iam a air conditioning engineer (so will be able to boost wage with lots of homers)

steve
I will be watchig your post with interest, as me and the hubby are planning on moving to Adelaide, he is a welder / fabricator.

We are finding it hard to get a realistic view at the moment.

We should get some answers when the Ozzers wake up

Donna.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

steve
Can't help with your question about wages but going on yesterday's exchange rate of $2.12, $65K is just over 30,500GBP. Probably still a good wage for Adelaide but I don't live there so I don't know for sure.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all

Hi all

steve
according to the papers recently the average wage in SA is 58k
Old Mar 5th 2008, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01
I will be watchig your post with interest, as me and the hubby are planning on moving to Adelaide, he is a welder / fabricator.

We are finding it hard to get a realistic view at the moment.

We should get some answers when the Ozzers wake up

Donna.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Cheers Gjn200, that will definately give us something to go off

Donna & Pete.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

deryans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant futurederyans has a brilliant future

Average Salary in Adelaide?

12 Guineas, 8 Shillings and a farthing.........
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

Hi all

steve
If you go sub-contracting in the air con side of things to companies I would expect about $95 +
$60/$65 per hour, If employed you will be looking at $65 , or about $32 ph.
Depending on your circumstances mortgage, children etc. wife working. you would struggle on $65.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:43 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ellie10990
according to the papers recently the average wage in SA is 58k
That's for SA, not Adelaide. That average takes into consideration the entire state, where wages and costs of living are much lower in other areas.

When we lived in Adelaide we lived very frugally on about $60k per year. We rented, as we couldn't really afford to pay a mortgage. Mind you, we have 2 pre-teen children, which are not cheap to maintain.