Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Gardeners in Melbourne

Gardeners in Melbourne

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Gardeners in Melbourne

I need someone to cut my grass ! ! !

I did get one chap round and he wants 35 dollars every second week but it only needs cutting once month or so.

Any advice?

Before you ask, I do not want to buy a lawn mower as our new place will be grass free so in 8 months time I won't need it.

Trish (based in Lyndhurst)
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:53 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gardeners in Melbourne

Originally Posted by scrum

I did get one chap round and he wants 35 dollars every second week but it only needs cutting once month or so.

Any advice?

Before you ask, I do not want to buy a lawn mower as our new place will be grass free so in 8 months time I won't need it.

Buy a cheapie electric one and DIY - will still save you cash. Then you can eBay it for more than you paid for it once you are done with it!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:06 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice?

A lot of petrol stations in Melbourne seem to hire them out by the hour. That might be a good option.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:17 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
A lot of petrol stations in Melbourne seem to hire them out by the hour. That might be a good option.
I amazed that anyone has enough grass left to need to do anything but rent a mower for an hour.

PS Does anyone know if it is dififcult to grow chillies and what environment they prefer?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
I amazed that anyone has enough grass left to need to do anything but rent a mower for an hour.

PS Does anyone know if it is dififcult to grow chillies and what environment they prefer?

Same as dope

Nah seriously, whereever you see Tomatoes is where and how Chillies grow.

Plenty of organic soil, plant about October, keep out of the hottest part of the sun... so a Westerly aspect would be good, you should be fine. Easier than Tomatoes, as they are less prone to disease.

Electric mowers, can be bought for about 100 bucks from BBC hardware. Lawns are going to end up a status symbol, with the amount of people ripping them up.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

Thanks for that guys - looks like it will def be a DIY job then.

Trish
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:46 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that guys - looks like it will def be a DIY job then.

Trish
Good decision! I actually 'enjoy' mowing my lawn once a week! It's a pleasure to see the neighbours faces when they realise that yours is better than there's!

Jones? Keeping up? Me? Nahhhhhhhhhh!!!