Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Average Age of Immigrants

Average Age of Immigrants

Old Jan 11th 2006, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Average Age of Immigrants

Dont know if this has been asked before, but does anyone know or hazard a guess at the average age of Mr & Mrs moving to Australia?

Just wondering if I was over the hill or Joe Average! (Mr 38 & Mrs 33)
Old Jan 11th 2006, 2:00 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Average Age of Immigrants

Originally Posted by Stephen
Dont know if this has been asked before, but does anyone know or hazard a guess at the average age of Mr & Mrs moving to Australia?

hubby is 36 & I am 32 plus 2 kiddies (2 & 6 mths)

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Jan 11th 2006 at 2:07 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

jayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
hubby is 36 & I am 32
my hubby and me are both 29 with two little boys 3 and 4.......but we have just decieded to wait for 3/5 yrs before going as he has just got a fantastic new job(more savings to do nothing for a few mths when we get there)
Old Jan 11th 2006, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

scotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nice

i'm 44 but i've decided to be 35 in Oz
Old Jan 11th 2006, 2:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well, at the time I emigrated I was an example of life begins at 40, but I am now approaching the age when I shall learn the answer to "life, the universe, and everything......"
Old Jan 11th 2006, 2:27 pm
Sharks out of the Pool

mick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Average Age of Immigrants

Hi STephen

Im 34 and my wife is 30 - Trying to get over on a skilled independent 136 as my wifes the clever one.
Regards
Mick
Old Jan 11th 2006, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about

Me 40, Her indoors 42. Yes the move is a 40 thing :-)

Kids 6 & 12.

Last edited by Swing-Your-Pants; Jan 11th 2006 at 2:53 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

I'm 34, hubby 35, kids 8 & 5, dogs 1 & 2
TJ
Old Jan 11th 2006, 2:53 pm
Sharks out of the Pool

mick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swing-Your-Pants
Me 40, Her indoors 42. Yes the move is a 40 thing :-)
Really hoping I can get off the Rain sodden Island.
The thought of more winters like this one...
Think that my 16 years of continual employment has ground me down - the only glimpse of happiness a couple a weeks travelling abroad is no longer enough!
I cant do the dark mornings and bored evenings.
SIx months of the Dark, cold and wet seems to totally play with my mind
Woke up this morning and thought f@ck this - if this is It for me for the rest of my life!

:scared:
Old Jan 11th 2006, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

im 39 , hubby 39(he'll be 40 before me) , kids11 and 7
Old Jan 11th 2006, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mick_newcastle
Really hoping I can get off the Rain sodden Island.
The thought of more winters like this one...
Think that my 16 years of continual employment has ground me down - the only glimpse of happiness a couple a weeks travelling abroad is no longer enough!
I cant do the dark mornings and bored evenings.
SIx months of the Dark, cold and wet seems to totally play with my mind
Woke up this morning and thought f@ck this - if this is It for me for the rest of my life!

:scared:
I agree Mick. Winter in the UK is grim but when we get a Summer you can't beat it. We're staying for one more Summer then off to Perth ready for their/our Summer
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:05 pm
Sharks out of the Pool

Talking Re: Average Age of Immigrants

Originally Posted by Swing-Your-Pants
I agree Mick. Winter in the UK is grim but when we get a Summer you can't beat it. We're staying for one more Summer then off to Perth ready for their/our Summer
Agree with the summer thing and your timing sounds pretty good to me.

As the Wifes a Teacher (6 weeks off over summer) unless we emigrate we'd never see Australia during there summer and appreciate the real heat.

Went to Aus August 2004 and loved it in SYdney,Cairns and Brisbane - couldnt get enough of the place.

I love the hotter climates - Spent Last Year in Hong Kong, Thailand and Bali.

After all its not Just the Heat we are all after - if it was Spain, Greece or Portugal would do. Bit of a Language Barrier Though I'd think.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:12 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayne311
my hubby and me are both 29 with two little boys 3 and 4.......but we have just decieded to wait for 3/5 yrs before going as he has just got a fantastic new job(more savings to do nothing for a few mths when we get there)
Are you aware of how your respective age's in 3/5 years time will affect your points-scoring allocation? It might make a difference?

BTW, I'm 36 and the wife is 29 and the bairn is 8 months.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Three Legs (35) Mrs Three Legs (30) Master Three Legs (3) Three Legs Junior (1) ...

Old Jan 11th 2006, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

jayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Are you aware of how your respective age's in 3/5 years time will affect your points-scoring allocation? It might make a difference?

BTW, I'm 36 and the wife is 29 and the bairn is 8 months.
i never thought it would affect our popints that much as hubby is a elctrical supervisor (going as a ordinary electrician as that is on the wanted list) we have more than enough points now.

i thought you had untill you were 45 for the age thing to affect the points.

something we will have to look in to now.

our plan is to save as much as possible so we can be mortgage free when we are over.

any one who know if this is a problem for us please let me know.

thanks, jayne.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.