Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Autumn is lovely in Perth

Autumn is lovely in Perth

Old Apr 26th 2005, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Autumn is lovely in Perth

Gone are the days of 40 + degrees, sweltering in the house without aircon. I love autumn here in Perth, it's lovely and green, the banksias have these bright orange cone things (?) and there's lots of bird activity. I can walk to school without breaking out into a sweat and the cockies seem to have vanished. Hubby is just saying he's seen loads of big spiders though, I just hope they don't come in the house.
It gets a bit chilly at night, but we've now got oil filled radiators and I put a cardy on when it gets dark.
I'm loving it here
Larissa
Old Apr 26th 2005, 3:03 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Autumn is lovely in Perth

Yes, autum and spring weather are the best!

Biked around the Swan yesterday, it was 24 degrees and sunny. Perfect!
Old Apr 26th 2005, 3:09 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
Yes, autum and spring weather are the best!

Biked around the Swan yesterday, it was 24 degrees and sunny. Perfect!

Oh I agree! I was getting very tired of stiffling heat. Autumn and Spring are definately more comfortable.
It's nice to be able to pull out all the cardi's and jumpers that you can't wear for such a long time.

Siren
Old Apr 26th 2005, 3:21 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Larissa
Gone are the days of 40 + degrees, sweltering in the house without aircon. I love autumn here in Perth, it's lovely and green, the banksias have these bright orange cone things (?) and there's lots of bird activity. I can walk to school without breaking out into a sweat and the cockies seem to have vanished. Hubby is just saying he's seen loads of big spiders though, I just hope they don't come in the house.
It gets a bit chilly at night, but we've now got oil filled radiators and I put a cardy on when it gets dark.
I'm loving it here
Larissa
Glad that you are enjoying things there

We are having a lovely autumn too, here in Melbourne, although more variable temperature wise - a high of 26 on Thursday , and a low of 13 on Saturday forecast - the skies are clear and a wonderful blue.

The main factor is definately where the wind is coming from - the hot north, or the chilly south - don't know if you in Perth are affected by it so much?

Cas
Old Apr 26th 2005, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

Definately agree! Also means that you can be out and about all day and do not need to avoid the mid day sun as we had to back in January, especially with young kids.

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Oh I agree! I was getting very tired of stiffling heat. Autumn and Spring are definately more comfortable.
It's nice to be able to pull out all the cardi's and jumpers that you can't wear for such a long time.

Siren
Old Apr 26th 2005, 3:37 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul and Chloe
Definately agree! Also means that you can be out and about all day and do not need to avoid the mid day sun as we had to back in January, especially with young kids.

Don't be fooled!! You still need to watch out for that midday sun and keep up the sunscreen slathering. It doesn't take much to burn here cause the sun has BITE!

One forumer here managed to burn so badly she blistered!! And it was only a 14 degree day! The sun hit her neck where she hadn't zipped her fleece and voila... second degree burns.

Take care of yourself... and your kiddos

Siren
Old Apr 26th 2005, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

Agreed, having spent the first 15 years of my life in Saudi Arabia I had my fair share of hot weather! What I meant was that you do not get the overwhelming heat that exists in the height of Summer....still plenty of sun cream applied but makes trips to the zoo/ark etc more enjoyable.

Cheers

Paul

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Don't be fooled!! You still need to watch out for that midday sun and keep up the sunscreen slathering. It doesn't take much to burn here cause the sun has BITE!

One forumer here managed to burn so badly she blistered!! And it was only a 14 degree day! The sun hit her neck where she hadn't zipped her fleece and voila... second degree burns.

Take care of yourself... and your kiddos

Siren
Old Apr 26th 2005, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

I'm loving it here
Larissa
Oh I definitely agree. Went for a jog along Mullalloo beach the other day (feeling guilty after all the Wok in a Box I've been scoffing recently). It was fab to feel the warmth of the sun without feeling like I was getting fried (had my factor 30 on though, Siren!)
Haven't noticed any more spiders but a friend's dog has come in from their garden with two wolf spiders recently- on one of the occassions the spider was on the dog's head :scared:
Just saw a bit of the news with the Queen laying a wreath at the ANZAC service in London yesterday. It was grey and peeing it down
Yvonne

Last edited by YFitz; Apr 26th 2005 at 4:08 am.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

I can see where you guys are coming from...take yesterday.... going on the M25 3.5 hours doing 39/50 MPH in rain,road splash...bumper to bumper... road works...jacked off drivers everwhere...the joys of autum eh...lol
Old Apr 26th 2005, 9:25 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

I'm loving it here
Larissa
I agree spring and autumn are beautiful, autumn here is nicer than summer in the North East of England

On the heat in summer front we're toying with the idea of spending 3 months of the year back in the UK between December and February........ or Mars, whichever is the coldest
Old Apr 27th 2005, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Quite agree with you Larissa..........fantastic day yesterday (Tuesday).
Took Lampard to the dog beach up at Quinns.
Just me, him, miles of sandy beaches ( no dogs poop, as you HAVE to clean up), and not a ship in sight. Felt like we were the only habitats of the planet!!!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:09 pm
Karma to make me calmer!

Tops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Quite agree with you Larissa..........fantastic day yesterday (Tuesday).
Took Lampard to the dog beach up at Quinns.
Just me, him, miles of sandy beaches ( no dogs poop, as you HAVE to clean up), and not a ship in sight. Felt like we were the only habitats of the planet!!!
Hi Sandra,

That sounds soo perfect, or should I say Perth-ect ;-)

Do you have any photos of you trips to the beach or any other ones of Perth, would love to see them if you do.

Cheers,

T.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:13 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Steve2438
I can see where you guys are coming from...take yesterday.... going on the M25 3.5 hours doing 39/50 MPH in rain,road splash...bumper to bumper... road works...jacked off drivers everwhere...the joys of autum eh...lol
Tell me about it..... bloody widening between the M3 and M4 grrrr.