Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Automatically download your favourite UK telly shows - nub's guide ...

Automatically download your favourite UK telly shows - nub's guide ...

Old May 28th 2009, 3:58 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Automatically download your favourite UK telly shows - nub's guide ...

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
One more Q?

Do I have to create the feed using UKNova first and then create the wildcard feed reader in Miro? How do I create series wildcard feeds with UKNova?

Cheers again.
Create your feed in UK Nova in the usual way, plug the feed name into the New Search Feed window and use the naming convention I mentioned above. Pretty much all torrent sites and the rippers who upload to them, use the standard S01E01 naming format.
Old May 28th 2009, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Automatically download your favourite UK telly shows - nub's guide ...

if your downloading torrents from anywhere make sure you use Peer Guardian.

It will monitor any connections and block any that look suspicous, often law enforcements agencys around the world are tracking people through torrents and this will block them. Its often suprising some of the ones it shows that have been trying to connect and track you.

try it out
http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/
Old May 28th 2009, 1:33 pm
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

Hutch,

Just wanted to say big thank you for posting this thread and helping everyone out.
Muchos appreciados!
Old May 29th 2009, 12:42 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Hutch !

Just been playing with it and it seems the RSS feed doesn't always match the search results. For example if I search for holby city the RSS feed for that is empty.

Originally Posted by Hutch
Update: Okay, they've updated Miro to add a really cool new feature, which means that the process I've listed above can be applied to any torrent site - as long as they support RSS feeds.

The feature in Miro that makes this possible is the Search Feed facility. It's really simple to use. Let's say you wanted to find all occurences of House listed in the TV Shows section of PirateBay and download them automatically.

In Miro you select Sidebar > New Search Feed. In the 'Search for' box you enter your search term - 'House' in this case. Then click the URL button and paste in Piratebay's TV RSS feed (http://rss.thepiratebay.org/205). Then just click the 'Create Feed' button and you're good to go. There's a full list of PB's RSS feeds here. Same thing at Mininova.

Old May 29th 2009, 2:52 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Thanks Hutch !

Just been playing with it and it seems the RSS feed doesn't always match the search results. For example if I search for holby city the RSS feed for that is empty.
If it's throwing up shonky results then check the site in your web browser and see what naming convention they're using. For instance, I've got The Apprentice and The Apprentice You're Fired in my list, but the actual search string for the latter is youre.fired because that's the way the ripper has saved the file.

Just checked on UK Nova for you (I'm assuming you're a member of that site) and it seems fairly standard. Here's the feed URL for you - just cut and paste it into Miro as I've explained above.

Update: okay - just checked it on a couple and it seems to be time sensitive - the feed will update as and when new shows are added. For instance I just tried The Apprentice and the feed's only showing the two latest Episode 10s of Apprentice and You're Fired. So if you've made a new feed for Miro using UK Nova, add it as normal even if nothing shows up and when a new show gets uploaded it should appear and download automatically.

Here's an alternative Holby City feed via Mininova.

Last edited by Hutch; May 29th 2009 at 3:07 am.
Old May 29th 2009, 2:54 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
If it's throwing up shonky results then check the site in your web browser and see what naming convention they're using. For instance, I've got The Apprentice and The Apprentice You're Fired in my list, but the actual search string for the latter is youre.fired because that's the way the ripper has saved the file.

Just checked on UK Nova for you (I'm assuming you're a member of that site) and it seems fairly standard. Here's the feed URL for you - just cut and paste it into Miro as I've explained above.
Are you using PeerGuardian? I've heard it can be hit and miss as it depends on statically defined lists and they can very quickly become outdated?
Old May 29th 2009, 3:14 am
Australia's Doorman

Are you using PeerGuardian? I've heard it can be hit and miss as it depends on statically defined lists and they can very quickly become outdated?
Have done in the past, but to be honest, I don't bother with anything these days. Something like 600,000 torrents are downloaded every hour and the RIAA and similar bodies have come to realise there's bugger all they can do about it, hence their pursuit through the courts of the sources of the downloads or the people providing the download mechanism, such as Pirate Bay. I've been downloading music, TV and films since the days of IRC and dialup and they haven't clapped the irons on me yet. My view is that if you (general you that is) are nervous about it - then don't download.
Old May 29th 2009, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

The lists seem to be updated weekly, I think peer guardian is the best out there at the minute. When using it there are some strange addresses that get blocked, like algerian goverment ones, its worrying that they were trying to connect to me!

It currently blocks 758438993 IPs
Old May 29th 2009, 3:24 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
The lists seem to be updated weekly, I think peer guardian is the best out there at the minute. When using it there are some strange addresses that get blocked, like algerian goverment ones, its worrying that they were trying to connect to me!

It currently blocks 758438993 IPs
I did hear your name mentioned in less than favourable tones when I was last in Algeria...

"dave99 is then enemy of Islam and we shall pass 99 fatwahs on this infidels arse...Insh Allah!!!"

It could have been a different dave99 I suppose?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

The Randalls will become famous soon enough

Hutch, bit of advice if you will?

Not particularly pc literate, but I know my way around a bit...

Seems that Miro won't download and install correctly for me at all... any suggestions?