Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Time the goverment got tougher on people with Visa's.

Time the goverment got tougher on people with Visa's.

Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

sue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nice
Default Time the goverment got tougher on people with Visa's.

I am ready many notes on here of violance in OZ its a great shame as 10 years ago it was a breath of fresh air to hardly see any after living in the UK.
Now it seems everytime you switch the TV on somebody is getting hurt.
Its a shame all these people are emergrating and bringing the trouble they caused in their country to this beautiful place.
I think its time the goverment put a clause in the visa system that if caught causing trouble 3 times then they should be deported back to their own country if its kids then the whole family will be deported then maybe parents will keep a tighter rain on them.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:51 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time the goverment got tougher on people with Visa's.

Pizza time
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:57 pm
The Stars are Underground

Beachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to all

I fully agree with whats said, could it be though that the news just broadcast more of this, but it has always been happening, just not making the news as much before as it is now? Or is it proven that more unprovoked violence is originating from foreigners?
What way is it now then in WA?

Last edited by Beachband; Aug 18th 2009 at 12:04 am.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:58 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sue1964
I am ready many notes on here of violance in OZ its a great shame as 10 years ago it was a breath of fresh air to hardly see any after living in the UK.
Its a shame all these people are emergrating and bringing the trouble they caused in their country to this beautiful place.
I think its time the goverment put a clause in the visa system that if caught causing trouble 3 times then they should be deported back to their own country if its kids then the whole family will be deported then maybe parents will keep a tighter rain on them.
The system already allows for this. If you got convincted for serious assualt while on a 457 or even a PR visa, there is a good chance you are going to be deported.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

If you bothered to look at the stats I'm sure you would find that FAR more crime is attributed to Australian born than foreign born people.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 12:07 am
The Stars are Underground

Beachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Devlin
If you bothered to look at the stats I'm sure you would find that FAR more crime is attributed to Australian born than foreign born people.

So is there more or less violence happening in Oz then, who cares where its coming from in a way, violence is violence no matter who does it.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 12:15 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

stats tats, this is BE
Old Aug 18th 2009, 12:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

....except in this case this thread is in response to a perceived problem in Joondalup, WA - where > 50% of the residents were born overseas - stands to reason that they might be responsible for > 50% of the crimes in the area.

OP, I'd be interested to see the stats you have available re crimes commited by non Australian citizens - bear in mind that Aussie citizens no matter where they were born can't be deported from Australia, except under the most exceptional circumstances - which wouldn't include the kind of crimes talked about.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 3:11 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
....except in this case this thread is in response to a perceived problem in Joondalup, WA - where > 50% of the residents were born overseas - stands to reason that they might be responsible for > 50% of the crimes in the area.

OP, I'd be interested to see the stats you have available re crimes commited by non Australian citizens - bear in mind that Aussie citizens no matter where they were born can't be deported from Australia, except under the most exceptional circumstances - which wouldn't include the kind of crimes talked about.
Aside from indigenous peoples....aren't all aussies born/originated from overseas?? It was immigration/development/empire building that brought them all here in the first place. For the OP. crap is crap all over the world, suddenly noticing crime in your lush sunny neighbourhood is nothing whatsoever to do with immigration, just a new social order. Its not good and it ain't pretty, but its life and coming out with glib 'send them all back comments' sounds both ignorant and intolerant.....as does mine about your post I suppose!! When ever something goes wrong its always the new crowd who get blamed, sometimes its the old crowds reaction and failure to adapt to new changes which in fact kick it all off.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Why do you think, Immigrants are causing all the trouble. What about the native Aussies/Citizens.

Sure immigrants can be deported anytime, what will you do with citizens???
Old Aug 18th 2009, 7:59 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
, what will you do with citizens???
In the old days they used to lock them up

Old Aug 18th 2009, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

"If you bothered to look!" how condescending is that!
Old Aug 18th 2009, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
Why do you think, Immigrants are causing all the trouble. What about the native Aussies/Citizens.

Sure immigrants can be deported anytime, what will you do with citizens???
Well if you get rid of the immigrants that cause the trouble at least you are reducing the problem.As for the citizens ,well maybe they can be dealt with more effectively if there are less to deal with!
just my opinion!
Old Aug 18th 2009, 8:50 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe tougher IELTS tests should happen as well. You should get an electrician to look at your TV.

Old Aug 18th 2009, 9:01 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Beachband
So is there more or less violence happening in Oz then, who cares where its coming from in a way, violence is violence no matter who does it.
Assault rate changes between 1999 and 2008 (Rates per year per 100,000 of population)
  • NT from 1,327.3 to 2,393.3 up 80.3%
  • TAS from 546.5 to 753.5 up 37.9%
  • WA from 761.7 to 972.7 up 27.7%
  • ACT from 542.5 to 664.4 up 22.5%
  • SA from 927.3 to 1,071.4 up 15.5%
  • NSW from 992.6 to 1,143.3 up 15.2%
  • VIC from 362.2 to 402.8 up 11.2%
  • QLD from 522.6 to 452.3 Down 13.4%

And I am quite surprised/pleased with the QLD finding.... I've not fudged it, honest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.