Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Autism and Australia?

Autism and Australia?

Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:47 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Question Autism and Australia?

Hi guys,

We're hoping to come out to Oz next year once we've sold the house. Heading for Brisbane area and have been checking out various parts. Our query is about mainstream schooling and accommodating children with autism.

Our 4 year old daughter is autistic and currently attends nursery. Although the area she is in in nursery caters for mainstream children she has additional support with a one-four ratio. She is due to start school next summer and we would probably put her in a mainstream school with an autistic support unit attached.

I was wondering if anyone on here has had any experience of the Australian schooling system and autistic children? I have been scrolling through the Queensland education website in areas that we think we would like to live as a family that has SEU dealing with autism and it all looks great but what's it really like.

Any info really appreciated.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 10th 2005, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Autism and Australia?

Hi Ginny,

Have you looked at http://www.autismqld.asn.au/

This site was recommended to me and seems quite usesful although haven't really had a great deal of time to look through properly yet.

We too are off the Brisbane early next year.

Hope this helps a bit, but don't haven't heard from anyone on here with experience of SEU schools over there as yet.

Would be interested to know myself
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:33 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Autism and Australia?

Originally Posted by The S's
Hi Ginny,

Have you looked at http://www.autismqld.asn.au/

This site was recommended to me and seems quite usesful although haven't really had a great deal of time to look through properly yet.

We too are off the Brisbane early next year.

Hope this helps a bit, but don't haven't heard from anyone on here with experience of SEU schools over there as yet.

Would be interested to know myself
Hi,

Came across the site last night but like you haven't had much chance to go through it. Where are you thinking of heading in Brisbane? Would be interested to hear of any others expereinces.

Cheers

Ginny