Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia's Worst Driver

Australia's Worst Driver

Old May 20th 2003, 4:11 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Australia's Worst Driver

Anyone seen this on the TV here? It's on Sunday nights.
Frightening thing is that I do not think those contestants are the worst of the worst, they look like the average Aussie road user to me.
I've also wondered, how on earth did they pass their driving test in the first place, The driving testers who passed these people should be sacked. I thought parking, reversing and such was in the practical test, none of them could reverse on last weeks show, and as for the "wet" driving!!

Anyway I must be bored - I took the online worst driver test - I don't qualify for the show (all correct -16 out of 16 ).

For anyone who's bored in work here's the link
http://www.worstdriver.com.au/

They ask you at the end where are you etc , male or female - so they can see where the worst and best drivers are by area in Australia at the end of the show. (I made sure I put I was born in the UK!)

cheers

P.S is the theory test as simple as this test? I'm still driving on my UK licence after 6years of being here (not supposed to be), I really should go and get my QLD licence one of these days!

Has anyone else got any other online tests/quiz links?
Old May 20th 2003, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Smoko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australia's Worst Driver

Originally posted by Ceri
Frightening thing is that I do not think those contestants are the worst of the worst, they look like the average Aussie road user to me.
I've also wondered, how on earth did they pass their driving test in the first place, The driving testers who passed these people should be sacked. I thought parking, reversing and such was in the practical test, none of them could reverse on last weeks show, and as for the "wet" driving!!

Anyway I must be bored - I took the online worst driver test - I don't qualify for the show (all correct -16 out of 16 ).

For anyone who's bored in work here's the link
http://www.worstdriver.com.au/

They ask you at the end where are you etc , male or female - so they can see where the worst and best drivers are by area in Australia at the end of the show. (I made sure I put I was born in the UK!)

cheers

P.S is the theory test as simple as this test? I'm still driving on my UK licence after 6years of being here (not supposed to be), I really should go and get my QLD licence one of these days!

Has anyone else got any other online tests/quiz links?
The aussies are only as bad as the kiwis. their driving is terrible. You need a tank over here to get through auckland and you have to use the gun an all.
Old May 20th 2003, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Perth Helena is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ceri
Don't they try to be the worst in order to get a prize? Do you think they're very authentic or just overdoing it? I'm not sure, perhaps I misunderstood the show. I caught a couple of minutes of it a couple of weeks ago. Some woman trying to pull out of a parking spot with her nagging, yabbering boyfriend in the car freaking out anytime she moved the car an inch. I think it looked a bit contrived but then I don't know, maybe I didn't give it much a chance. Not a fan of those types of shows. I think you'd have to catch them unawares to get a true picture.
Old May 20th 2003, 5:30 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Perth Helena
Don't they try to be the worst in order to get a prize? Do you think they're very authentic or just overdoing it? I'm not sure, perhaps I misunderstood the show. I caught a couple of minutes of it a couple of weeks ago. Some woman trying to pull out of a parking spot with her nagging, yabbering boyfriend in the car freaking out anytime she moved the car an inch. I think it looked a bit contrived but then I don't know, maybe I didn't give it much a chance. Not a fan of those types of shows. I think you'd have to catch them unawares to get a true picture.
The worst driver will get their car crushed, the best driver wins a new car. (They were nominated for the show by friends and family)

I saw it the other week when one of the girls was trying to measure the oil by putting her finger in , then she realised there was a dipstick (she had never heard of a dipstick before).

The young girl is by far the worst, she will probably win the worst title.

Cheers

Last edited by Ceri; May 20th 2003 at 5:33 am.