Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia's terror alert level raised to high

Australia's terror alert level raised to high

Old Sep 16th 2014, 6:15 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia's terror alert level raised to high

Originally Posted by Adandchloe
Are people in Australia generally worried about terrorism?

My wife and I are looking to emigrate for a number of reasons but one of them is due to the fear of terrorism in the UK.
I do have to ask this but do you personally know people who are worried about terrorism here in the UK? Its just that I dont, I havent noticed any real fear of terrorism here since the dark days of the IRA many years ago. For me it is the idea that you will somehow avoid the risk by moving to Australia, it reminds me of the person who wrote they like the idea of moving to Australia as it didnt have the grafitti like in the UK. An incredibly small number of people in either country has had any first hand personal experience of any terrorist event so rest assured you will be largely safe in either place, in fact you have more to worry about from Aussie drivers.
It has been noted that Australia has 'potentially' more citizens fighting overseas than any other country (per capita), we are still of course only talking about a tiny number of people. Gone are the days when the world was a huge place, back in the days when my family emigrated to Australia in the early 60's the country truly was a safe haven, largely free from the woes that beset the rest the rest of the world. Those days are long gone BUT still the average person is never going to be affected first hand by an act of terrorism.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
I do have to ask this but do you personally know people who are worried about terrorism here in the UK? Its just that I dont, I havent noticed any real fear of terrorism here since the dark days of the IRA many years ago. For me it is the idea that you will somehow avoid the risk by moving to Australia, it reminds me of the person who wrote they like the idea of moving to Australia as it didnt have the grafitti like in the UK. An incredibly small number of people in either country has had any first hand personal experience of any terrorist event so rest assured you will be largely safe in either place, in fact you have more to worry about from Aussie drivers.
It has been noted that Australia has 'potentially' more citizens fighting overseas than any other country (per capita), we are still of course only talking about a tiny number of people. Gone are the days when the world was a huge place, back in the days when my family emigrated to Australia in the early 60's the country truly was a safe haven, largely free from the woes that beset the rest the rest of the world. Those days are long gone BUT still the average person is never going to be affected first hand by an act of terrorism.
You don't like Australia much, do you?
Old Sep 16th 2014, 6:19 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
You don't like Australia much, do you?
Actually I like Australia very much, I dont like the attitude that it is somehow special in the world, the insular attitude.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Well obviously the solution comes from within. Strengthen the forces of opposition with equipment and training. But today's friends due to having a common enemy and be tomorrows enemy.
I'm hearing theory but not really seeing a plan.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
I don't see a plan from anyone. Attack is not a plan.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Actually I like Australia very much, I dont like the attitude that it is somehow special in the world, the insular attitude.
Australia is special.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 6:24 am
Banned

Australia is special.
Yes I see what you did there
Old Sep 16th 2014, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes I see what you did there
Yes, I confirmed that Australia is special. Fantastic place to live. Too bad for those that don't.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 6:27 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I confirmed that Australia is special. Fantastic place to live.
Is it?

I hadn't noticed
Old Sep 16th 2014, 6:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see a plan from anyone. Attack is not a plan.
It is a plan and attacking militants is the only plan at present. ..... until someone comes up with an alternative.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

And you see a plan with foreign intervention? If anything ever chance of severely backfiring. Western intervention in that region is full of lost hope and searches for easy exists.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

It is a plan and attacking militants is the only plan at present. ..... until someone comes up with an alternative.
In other words no real plan or end game. Just try it and hope for the best.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 6:56 am
Banned

Yes, I confirmed that Australia is special. Fantastic place to live. Too bad for those that don't.
OK.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

It's not a plan, it's a response. Let's hear your plan.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by the troubadour
In other words no real plan or end game. Just try it and hope for the best.
It is a "try and hope for the best solution". No doubt about it. The other option is to sit back and do nothing and continue to watch genocide unfold.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.