Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australians top Sportsmen

Australians top Sportsmen

Old Jan 13th 2003, 3:17 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australians top Sportsmen

What great fun who says that Australians are poor at soccer , could they be getting a little training in for when they play England in a friendly?

Wallabies kicked to death
By WILL BARKER

WALLABIES are being kicked to death as part of a sick game in Australia.

Quokkas, a protected species, are used as footballs in the sadistic sport “quokka soccer�.

Last week eight were found dead on a cricket pitch on tiny Rottnest island off Western Australia, home to 10,000 of the animals.

Cop Michael Wear, who is hunting the yobs, said: “Its disgraceful. They’re very cute little things. They’re round and furry and about the size of soccer ball. Like kangaroos the females keep their joeys in pouches.�

Sallyann Gudge, a wildlife ranger on the eight-mile-long island, added: “I’ve shed many a tear over the last few days. I just don’t understand human beings sometimes.

“I hope and pray that this sort of thing doesn’t happen again.�

Quokka soccer began in the 1990s but died out when people were fined heavily for hurting the animals.

Old Jan 13th 2003, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Twofingersalute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australians top Sportsmen

Originally posted by pommie bastard
What great fun who says that Australians are poor at soccer , could they be getting a little training in for when they play England in a friendly?

Wallabies kicked to death
By WILL BARKER

WALLABIES are being kicked to death as part of a sick game in Australia.

Quokkas, a protected species, are used as footballs in the sadistic sport “quokka soccer�.

Last week eight were found dead on a cricket pitch on tiny Rottnest island off Western Australia, home to 10,000 of the animals.

Cop Michael Wear, who is hunting the yobs, said: “Its disgraceful. They’re very cute little things. They’re round and furry and about the size of soccer ball. Like kangaroos the females keep their joeys in pouches.�

Sallyann Gudge, a wildlife ranger on the eight-mile-long island, added: “I’ve shed many a tear over the last few days. I just don’t understand human beings sometimes.

“I hope and pray that this sort of thing doesn’t happen again.�

Quokka soccer began in the 1990s but died out when people were fined heavily for hurting the animals.

By fining its the only language the aussies understand-there is no conscious thought about any moral issue-the only way to get any sensible behaviour is by fining them-otherwise they just keep doing it-money hurts most-caring, well, non-existent
Old Jan 17th 2003, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

How do you know it was Aussies??? It could have been tourists, like a bunch of drunken PB"S. PB did you put this story on here because you are the star of the story Did you spend the morn at the OB, go down to Hillarys and get a ferry over.
:scared:
Old Jan 17th 2003, 2:23 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by suebo
How do you know it was Aussies??? It could have been tourists, like a bunch of drunken PB"S. PB did you put this story on here because you are the star of the story Did you spend the morn at the OB, go down to Hillarys and get a ferry over.

You have seen though me yet again , what did amaze was the British papers carried the story so it must have gone all round the world .

LAWYERS have cleared the way for three teenagers accused of killing eight quokkas to face court.

Attorney-General Jim McGinty said legal advice from the Crown Solicitor's office showed police had a discretion to refer the alleged first-time offenders to the Children's Court.

Some police believed section 29 of the Young Offenders Act mandated them to refer the case, which has attracted international attention, to juvenile justice teams. If the youths were referred to a team, punishment would be confidential but would be likely to involve a community service order.

Old Jan 17th 2003, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

Yeah what a joke-it was pigmas from africa-ofcourse it was aussies-in australia that would be right wouldn't it? They were arrested last night-teenagers I think-good for your kids too!! What a great influence.....
Old Jan 17th 2003, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Twofingersalute
Yeah what a joke-it was pigmas from africa-ofcourse it was aussies-in australia that would be right wouldn't it? They were arrested last night-teenagers I think-good for your kids too!! What a great influence.....
We do have tourists there you know. Don't just assume everything done wrong in OZ is done by an australian. Remember the British guy that went missing, presumed murdered in the NT somewhere last year. They are still questioning his British girlfriend......need I say more.
Old Jan 17th 2003, 3:17 am
Banned

We do have tourists there you know. Don't just assume everything done wrong in OZ is done by an australian. Remember the British guy that went missing, presumed murdered in the NT somewhere last year. They are still questioning his British girlfriend......need I say more.

Sorry you are out touch Sue they arrested a gun nut and hes Australian he may have been involved in other murders too.
You as as pro Aussie as I am Brit both of us are proud of where we come from and defend it right or wrong, like it.

Old Jan 17th 2003, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Naturally-do u know PB about that story-i thought they were looking for some ausie with a very low IQ-that could be anyone I suppose?
Old Jan 17th 2003, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Sorry you are out touch Sue they arrested a gun nut and hes Australian he may have been involved in other murders too.
You as as pro Aussie as I am Brit both of us are proud of where we come from and defend it right or wrong, like it.

Give me reasons why someone would be pro -australian-
Old Jan 17th 2003, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Well I have been to UK a couple of times, do you see me posting cr@p about there.
No I have not lived there or worked there, just visited. But saw enough of it to pass a few judgements.
Old Jan 17th 2003, 7:06 am
Banned

Well I have been to UK a couple of times, do you see me posting cr@p about there.
No I have not lived there or worked there, just visited. But saw enough of it to pass a few judgements.
Please do this could be most interesting , married to a Pom and having Pom blood runing though you I wait with baited breath.

Old Jan 25th 2003, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

I am posting the "truth"-not crap as u put it-is called actual life experence-i have plenty of it-i have actually lived in 'wonderfull' down (backwards) under
Old Jan 25th 2003, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

ho hum ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz