Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Australian Working Rich?

The Australian Working Rich?

Old Jan 16th 2003, 1:25 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by TeeCee
The british army in Afghanistan actually had Bin Laden and his men holed up in a rivine but were prevented from going in to finish the job as the Yanks pulled rank as they wanted their special forces to take the glory. He subsequently escaped.
Sounds like a replay of the Gulf war, the Brits had a chance to kill saddam last Gulf war but the UN mostly, and the Americans didn't think it was a good idea at the time.

Are you sure they had "wheelie" Bin laden? I seem to remember that they thought he was held up there " They thought" not they were "sure".

cheers
Old Jan 16th 2003, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

madmancunian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ceri
Sounds like a replay of the Gulf war, the Brits had a chance to kill saddam last Gulf war but the UN mostly, and the Americans didn't think it was a good idea at the time.

Are you sure they had "wheelie" Bin laden? I seem to remember that they thought he was held up there " They thought" not they were "sure".

cheers
At least the Yanks managed not to shoot any of their allies that time.
MM
Old Jan 16th 2003, 2:40 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by madmancunian
At least the Yanks managed not to shoot any of their allies that time.
MM
wrong Try again... lol, if they are not shooting canadians they are shooting Brits. Last gulf war they shot /friendly fired the British, they blew up a "truck/jeep" on a road, killed a few Brits, it had a great big union jack on the roof of the Jeep (so aircrafts can see it is friendly)... I remember that one on the news back home in the UK during the Gulf. Friendly fire.. lol (and I seem to remember, read somewhere, if anyone cares/wants to check it out, that there were more Brit's killed in Friendly fire in the Gulf than by the enemy... you'll have to check this one out though.. I'm not 100 per cent certain on this "fact" )

I wish my grandfather was still alive... he died a couple of years back, but he fought in Burma and surrounds, his favourite saying, or what he always told me "We were more scared of the Yanks than the Japs"... he was serious!! Some of the stories he used to tell me.. lol, wish I could remember half of them now, you know what's it like ... "here goes grandad again with his war stories... yawn", wish I'd taken notice of them now being older (I was a young kid when when he used to tell me these stories... very boring for a child.

cheers

P.S can I start a new war?? How about France?
I'm in the middle of reading a book called "Saddam... The secret life" by con coughlin.

My gawd... The french!!!! Never mind getting Saddam, invade France.. lol, who do you think sold him Nuclear reactors during the 80's and even very early 90's (which Mossad (Israel secret service) blew up)?? It's unbelievable the French trading., and the Russians.. it's hard reading but a good book, an eye opener.

ahh invade everybody!

Last edited by Ceri; Jan 16th 2003 at 3:13 am.
Old Jan 16th 2003, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

madmancunian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ceri
wrong Try again... lol, if they are not shooting canadians they are shooting Brits. Last gulf war they shot /friendly fired the British, they blew up a "truck/jeep" on a road, killed a few Brits, it had a great big union jack on the roof of the Jeep (so aircrafts can see it is friendly)... I remember that one on the news back home in the UK during the Gulf. Friendly fire.. lol (and I seem to remember, read somewhere, if anyone cares/wants to check it out, that there were more Brit's killed in Friendly fire in the Gulf than by the enemy... you'll have to check this one out though.. I'm not 100 per cent certain on this "fact" )

I wish my grandfather was still alive... he died a couple of years back, but he fought in Burma and surrounds, his favourite saying, or what he always told me "We were more scared of the Yanks than the Japs"... he was serious!! Some of the stories he used to tell me.. lol, wish I could remember half of them now, you know what's it like ... "here goes grandad again with his war stories... yawn", wish I'd taken notice of them now being older (I was a young kid when when he used to tell me these stories... very boring for a child.

cheers

P.S can I start a new war?? How about France?
I'm in the middle of reading a book called "Saddam... The secret life" by con coughlin.

My gawd... The french!!!! Never mind getting Saddam, invade France.. lol, who do you think sold him Nuclear reactors during the 80's and even very early 90's (which Mossad (Israel secret service) blew up)?? It's unbelievable the French trading., and the Russians.. it's hard reading but a good book, an eye opener.

ahh invade everybody!
Hi Ceri,

Oops I meant '..this time' not '...that time'. That Jeep-blowing-up was the incident I was referring to - I think the pilots were too busy imagining themselves to be Top Gun stars and looking for an easy target. After all your own allies are very unlikely to fire back aren't they? Notice in most american 'shot 'em up' films the coolest yank is the one with the biggest, most powerful submachine gun - spraying bullets in every direction- what a load of rubbish.

As the old I.T. saying goes - 'garbage in, garbage out'.

Pleas don't start up about the French - you'll get the usual xenophobic idiots on this forum fired up again.

MM