Australian Navy

Old Aug 3rd 2007, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Australian Navy

Originally Posted by kimalan
Hi all,

Things are OK, We have had problems, but I aint going to say much on here as it is not fair on anyone else (maybe it is just us!), but there are people to talk to, I went and saw my CO in the end. But please be prepared and anything better is a bonus. That aside I will help anyone coming to the Sydney area and please trust me and take my advise.

For those who want help please e-mail me on :[email protected]

As for Insurance, do not worry the ADF cover the lot. You will have Airfreight and that rises with the family members involved and you will get a 40 foot container (it is massive) and that is just your family only. We had so much stuff, but it only took a fraction of the space.

You need to do a list for all your Airfreight and a separate one for the main stuff. I broke it down into rooms etc and gave two prices £ + $. If you go over £100,000 worth you may incur cost, but no one goes over.

Also you will get the Custom Forms from Natalie Chee the overseas co-ordinator who is excellent. Any snags she will help.

If you bring pets it is expensive and check that the house offered you, you are allowes them. Also please ensure your pet has a Rabbies jab, because if you ever do return to UK they have to stay in Quarantin for 6mths if they have not got it.

Ensure you open bank account (commonwealth bank are good) sort that out before you arrive and trasnfer cash in.

Lads bring what ever pusser kit you have also, limited stocks.

There is loads more so please e-mail me and wish you all the best

KIM ALAN.
Have sent you an email
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

littlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nice

Hi all

We have been here 8 weeks today and our container was delivered on Monday. The guys here were brilliant but we had a few bits damaged. Have been in contact with Pickfords and they have sent form via email to start the ball rolling.

They are definitely short of Navy kit here in Perth as well. Hubby still hasn't got it all.

Our airfreight arrived before we did, so that was excellent. We sent computers over so we could get online asap.

Any help I can give for anyone coming to Perth just let me know.

Nicky
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Wooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really nice

Originally Posted by littlenick
Hi all

We have been here 8 weeks today and our container was delivered on Monday. The guys here were brilliant but we had a few bits damaged. Have been in contact with Pickfords and they have sent form via email to start the ball rolling.

They are definitely short of Navy kit here in Perth as well. Hubby still hasn't got it all.

Our airfreight arrived before we did, so that was excellent. We sent computers over so we could get online asap.

Any help I can give for anyone coming to Perth just let me know.

Nicky
Hi Nicky
My hubby wants to know what kit they are short of..... then he's off to see a man who knows a man to see what he can aquire!!!!!

Anyway not sure we'll need it yet STILL NO BLOODY VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you guys are good, will email soon
Kate
Old Aug 4th 2007, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

kimalan is on a distinguished road

WOODERS,

Take what you can: Black trousers are the same.
Noz 1's and Cap
Noz 1's Whites
Black and White shoes, ties.
Shirts are different.

It us unreal how short they are!
Old Aug 4th 2007, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

littlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nice

Hi all

Very short of ties (you can buy one and they reimburse you) and short sleeve white shirts. No 1 whites are ice cream suits and hubby has to have his made to measure. Mess undress is a white jacket not blue.

To help with proof of sea time and medals hubby got a pdf document from centurion with complete service history (60 pages) before he left it has come in very handy.

Hope you hear something next week Kate, still got everything crossed for you.

Take care

Nicky xx
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Wooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really niceWooders is just really nice

Cheers for this information peeps, he off on a mission to aquire uniform!

What have you guys done with the Naval Pension for tax and payment etc?

He will try to obtain service history so thanks for all this advice it is invaluable.

Hey Kimalan how are you finding things now out of interest?

Originally Posted by littlenick
Hi all

Very short of ties (you can buy one and they reimburse you) and short sleeve white shirts. No 1 whites are ice cream suits and hubby has to have his made to measure. Mess undress is a white jacket not blue.

To help with proof of sea time and medals hubby got a pdf document from centurion with complete service history (60 pages) before he left it has come in very handy.

Hope you hear something next week Kate, still got everything crossed for you.

Take care

Nicky xx
Old Aug 8th 2007, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Hi Wooders and all,

Still in our apartment waiting to move into house (MQ), please ensure that you are all firm with DHA (Housing People) as they will try and fob you off with all types of crap. Nothing is on an equal level, you can be offered a poor house, while your mate gets the best house going, it is a lottery, but not a good system.

We have calmed down now anyway, and hope you dont think us moaning gits. but all the poms here, have had the same trouble. You will also find yourselves doing naff courses (I know we need to learn the oz system), but as a PO or CPO why should you have to do a LH Leadership again, nothing you dont already know.

As for uniform again, got all mine at HMAS Kuttabal and got shed loads, gucci track suits shorts, hats and and got everything, so not that bad, Pack your pussers shoes, much better and worn in already.

If anyone coming to Sydney, be careful with parking have received $200 fines already and please take my advise and bring a sat nav, tom tom. That is no joke you will need it.

Also for great car deals, visit the Holden Dealers (Vauxhalls, what you say). I normally drive BMW but cannot afford one here, yet!!! They do really good offers, you can get fiance and insurance the lot. There are so many tax rules here and everything you get has tax on it.

Anyway more later

KimAlan
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:23 pm
Go for it !!!!

russandkaren is an unknown quantity at this point

To those of you either already in Australia or about to go, at least you are on the way or actually there. We want to go but can't, as my trade isn't recognised under the Australian Labour Agreement ! I'm an INT officer and the Aussie INT Officers are Seaman Officers with an INT FQ, so I've just received a letter saying that they acknowledge my experience and expertise but under the current agreement, I cannot be accepted into the RAN

The rules could change and I've been asked to contact them again in a year.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by russandkaren
To those of you either already in Australia or about to go, at least you are on the way or actually there. We want to go but can't, as my trade isn't recognised under the Australian Labour Agreement ! I'm an INT officer and the Aussie INT Officers are Seaman Officers with an INT FQ, so I've just received a letter saying that they acknowledge my experience and expertise but under the current agreement, I cannot be accepted into the RAN

Not that anything I say right now will help, but just wanted to say that I am so sorry you have had such bad news and I am thinking about you both right now

Tammy x
Old Aug 9th 2007, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

So sorry to hear your news , like you say the rules could change , lets hope so . Take care janet
Old Aug 9th 2007, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

OddsandSods is an unknown quantity at this point

Russandkaren - this may not help, but have you tried the Army or the Air Force?
Old Aug 9th 2007, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

So disappointing for you, we will keep our fingers crossed that the rules change.

Don't give up
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Adam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud ofAdam 66 has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear of your disappointment.

Did they offer to take you on as anything other than Int, eg seaman officer ??

It might be worth asking if they didn't offer? You may have other skills that match their requirements elsewhere?

Whatever happens, good luck.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Shippers, Russ Karen,

I was turned down when I first applied as my branch (reg) was not on the Labour Agreement list, however 6 months later I got a letter saying that it had changed, so you never know.

However, with me being here now, I know for a fact that they are so short of people, in particular the Officer corp. Why not try another specialization, with your educational grades that would help also. They even take on Regulating Officers direct (its a job).

Like others have said even the army, I know they have an INT cell, ex shhhhhhhhh myself!

Anyway, sorry to here the news and chin up, try those avenues, call Penny Hall direct to speak to the I/C thats what I would do, and see what jobs are going.

All the best Kim Alan
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:24 pm
Go for it !!!!

russandkaren is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou all for your thoughts and comments. I haven't thought of the Army and Air Force, the Navy is what I do and I wouldn't want to do anything else to be honest. I will write back to the RAN and ask if there is any other job that I could do and you never know, they may come back to me in 6 months. Fingers crossed !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.