Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Dollar - exchange rate?!

Australian Dollar - exchange rate?!

Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really niceTwinset is just really nice
Default Re: Australian Dollar - exchange rate?!

Originally Posted by Reading fan
I am signed on with Moneycorp,HiFX and ukForex. I've used Moneycorp for 2 trades and it went ok the only bum*mer is the other day when it all went ballistic their phones went down apparently a "BT fault" not very helpful couldn't get the top price esp when you could have converted back the day after !
I am intrigued about playing the market - anyone exchanged then re-exchanged? (BT phones notwithstanding??)

David
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

beaumonts is an unknown quantity at this point

decided to go with money corp - seems ok to me
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:00 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Rate going through 2.6 again
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by datamile
Rate going through 2.6 again
what do you mean???
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by beaumonts
what do you mean???
http://www.hifx.co.uk/marketwatch.aspx
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AndyR

thanks that really handy
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:15 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Graph trends on http://free.charts.xe.com/Misc/promoChart.asp , its about 5 secs slower than hifx
Old Oct 10th 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Originally Posted by beaumonts
decided to go with money corp - seems ok to me
I used moneycorp 3 years ago, were fine then. Just wondered who has a habit of getting the best rate? Am going to put a limit order in soon I think!?
Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by the pursers
Nor are Tranzfers
i think ozforex & tranzfers are the same company
Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

sharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nice

Hi does anyone know what i would pay back per month on a credit card with 0% interest on purchases if I was to buy a forward contract from HIFX for £6000? not going till jan but at this rate dont want to chance it going down again! Thanks in advance,

Sharon
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:01 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sharonmcallister
Hi does anyone know what i would pay back per month on a credit card with 0% interest on purchases if I was to buy a forward contract from HIFX for £6000? not going till jan but at this rate dont want to chance it going down again! Thanks in advance,

Sharon
No idea but I think that if you're planning to by currency on your credit card that this will count as a cash withdrawl rather than a purchase...i.e. you will pay big interest from day one....and no intrerest free period...but thats only a guess...
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:02 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharonmcallister

Sharon
Just look to see what the minimum monthly payment is... 5% = 300, 2.5% = 150, etc...
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sniffydog
No idea but I think that if you're planning to by currency on your credit card that this will count as a cash withdrawl rather than a purchase...i.e. you will pay big interest from day one....and no intrerest free period...but thats only a guess...
i agree, cash purchase is not the same as a goods purchase and you WILL pay interest.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

mark2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Twinset
I am intrigued about playing the market - anyone exchanged then re-exchanged? (BT phones notwithstanding??)

David
Was wondering that myself, bit scared there are no guarantees over here too, maybe it would be safer in uk for while longer. Looks as if rate will stay up there now.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 10:34 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BATS666
i think ozforex & tranzfers are the same company
You are correct - one of them deals with "larger" deals and the other with "smaller" ones but I'm not sure which way round or what the margins are.

For what its worth - as I type this, the rate showing on xe.com is $2.647 at 0930 Saturday (Sydney time).

Jim

Last edited by Jimclevs; Oct 10th 2008 at 10:37 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.