Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Dollar - exchange rate?!

Australian Dollar - exchange rate?!

Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

virginiec will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Australian Dollar - exchange rate?!

Originally Posted by gavbro
Hello everyone,
If you read my other threads you will see this was predicted.
The rate continues to climb.
And it will continue, you just need the balls to hang out until $2.75.
See my other threads I have not been wrong so far.

Gav

Gavbro you are a legend. Am impressed that you could forsee the huge financial meltdown. I assume you made a packet on shortselling HBOS et al?

I didnt have the balls to hang on until 2.75, the market is far too volatile. Transferred my life savings at 2.6275 so happy
Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chilliman
$2.75 - will it really hit that !???
Dunno, i threw my rulebook away last week !!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

gavbro has a spectacular aura aboutgavbro has a spectacular aura aboutgavbro has a spectacular aura about

watch and see.
Hope you are not wanting pounds at the moment.

I told my sister to change hers a couple of moths ago as she is going to UK on holiday.
She is glad she did.

Gav
Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

gavbro has a spectacular aura aboutgavbro has a spectacular aura aboutgavbro has a spectacular aura about

Virginiec,
It's not what you change at all the time.
Well I left Aus I change at $2.32, so anything over that is profit.
Just need to sell my house lol.
Anyone want a 3 bed semi with loft conversion, pergola and gazibo in Rotherham, £170,000, great house lol.

gav
Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

fluffball is an unknown quantity at this point

All very exciting for converting GBP to AUS. We just missed out on the 2.62 rate but never mind.

What are your predicitions for timing on hitting 2.75?

Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Fluffball (what a great name).
Around December for $2.75.
Can you wait that long?

Gav
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=gavbro;6856506]Virginiec,
It's not what you change at all the time.

What does this mean gavbro?

Well I left Aus I change at $2.32, so anything over that is profit.
Just need to sell my house lol.
Anyone want a 3 bed semi with loft conversion, pergola and gazibo in Rotherham, £170,000, great house lol.

How much AUD do you want for this?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

This means yo need to decide what you want.
Once you have that rate it's done.
Don't look at it again or you may just beat yourself up.

If you say I want $2.50, then change at that, don't look again as it may be $2.60, see what I mean.

To all those loverly women who said they want my baby, I am married, but if you are rich please message me lol.

Gav
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

fluffball is an unknown quantity at this point

a name inspired by our darling pooch

hmm.. it might be tricky for us to hold on until then as we make the move to Sydney 2 weeks today. We are anticipating that a lot of the funds we have might be swallowed up by settling in costs in the first few months but it's hard for us to be sure 100% at the moment..

Decisions, decisions.. on the plus side, the exchange rate is still impressive compared to what we'd have got if we'd moved a few weeks ago (as we were originally supposed to)
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Fluffball,
Do it now.
That's what I would do, Sydney is so expencive you can't afford to lose a penny.
Come to Melbourne, the cost of living is cheap but wages still high.

Gav
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gavbro
This means yo need to decide what you want.
Once you have that rate it's done.
Don't look at it again or you may just beat yourself up.

If you say I want $2.50, then change at that, don't look again as it may be $2.60, see what I mean.

To all those loverly women who said they want my baby, I am married, but if you are rich please message me lol.

Gav
True, true. Just like I should have sold all my resouce stocks two months ago.

I really want to buy Yen or SGD as I feel these currencies will appreciate over the next six months. How do I do this as I have no assets etc over there?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of

2.63 on the OZ Forex site now!! Tempting, i was'nt planning on moving any cash but i maybe tempted in the next few days.
I may give westpac a call and reopen my bank account!!!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

stephen elaine will become famous soon enoughstephen elaine will become famous soon enough

Got $2.53 @1.30 today ,think the rate may drop after todays interest cuts.But I may be wrong! currency market is very volatile at the moment,may dive in head first againits only money!!!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

planning on moving to Oz Feb next year
already got a chunk of $AUD
got a big chunk ready to go

Been here before when I moved money in 2004, there was a big jump so changed, further moves up afterwards ... do I, don't I $2.75 would be nice
Old Oct 8th 2008, 3:56 pm
Sun Dodger

Bluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really nice

When I looked this morning it was 2.68. Had a sandwich, cup of tea & a fag while watching the news. Saw on the news they had dropped interest rates & checked again. Got 2.5839 this afternoon, so that was the most expensive lunch I have ever had, cost me about 10K AUD. Never mind, very happy with what I got, certainly better than a couple of weeks ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.