Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Dollar - exchange rate?!

Australian Dollar - exchange rate?!

Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all
Default Re: Australian Dollar - exchange rate?!

Originally Posted by Reading fan
Can't get through to any of the money exchange companies had to resort to an e-mail so I can try and lock in (going for $2.70) it been there once today it will get there again
Yup, things is MAD out there
Kinda exciting to watch tho....just as long as I'm making money.
There was me regretting changing AU$ into other currencies on Monday. I was about £2,500 down on the deal yesterday. up about £10,000 this a.m.
Relieved to say the least !!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

KarenandPaul is on a distinguished road

Just opened up a bank account with NAB but they don't send details & account number for 2 weeks. Want to change some cash with moneycorp, ozforex etc today but do I need to have an australian bank account immediatly to change some money. Don't want to miss the boat on the exchange rate that would be just my luck!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:12 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Can't get through to any of the money exchange companies had to resort to an e-mail so I can try and lock in (going for $2.70) it been there once today it will get there again
Thats ok.. I introduced my mate to ozforex as he some Euro from his girlfriend to transfer in. Two weeks ago it was 1.6 , at 1 pm it hit 1.9 so he did the trade. However because they couldn't get a hold of his girlfriend , ozforex cancelled the trade.... three hours later it was 1.98, they made 10K for not answering the phone.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:14 am
finally in melbourne

di90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by KarenandPaul
Just opened up a bank account with NAB but they don't send details & account number for 2 weeks. Want to change some cash with moneycorp, ozforex etc today but do I need to have an australian bank account immediatly to change some money. Don't want to miss the boat on the exchange rate that would be just my luck!!
i am pretty sure that you can buy at todays rate and they will hold it for you until you open an account in oz.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:15 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

I have just set up an account with HIFX yesterday
But am unsure how it works yet?

If i ever get in touch with them today to change sy just £2000 where will my $$$$ go ?? i dont have a OZ bank Acc yet as i was only registering with them to pay the TRA fees to begin with, now with all this going onb i fancy changing a bit more but am a transfer virgin

Dougie
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

Phew ! I've locked in $2.70 now a feel nervous just really hoping it gets there (please,please ,please )- it will recoup some of what I changed 2 days ago:curse:
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

Phew ! I've locked in $2.70 now a feel nervous just really hoping it gets there (please,please ,please )- it will recoup some of what I changed 2 days ago:curse:
Not so good. $2.63 as I type.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BATS666
Not so good. $2.63 as I type.
Some currency dealers made a quick $ !!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Did anyone get a rate anywhere near $2.70??????
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

Some currency dealers made a quick $ !!!

I like the way they are conveniently out of contact when you need them I know they have loads of clients but I'm just as important - hope I haven't missed the boat. Come on ! Seems to have a rally and the start and end of the day - I'm not beaten yet ! (you know it will be $2.80 tomorrow )

Moneycorp said could of got $2.69 - cheers then thanks for calling I'd have taken it.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

I like the way they are conveniently out of contact when you need them I know they have loads of clients but I'm just as important - hope I haven't missed the boat. Come on ! Seems to have a rally and the start and end of the day - I'm not beaten yet ! (you know it will be $2.80 tomorrow )

Moneycorp said could of got $2.69 - cheers then thanks for calling I'd have taken it.
You have to have sympathy with these guys. They haven't seen anything like this before. It's nothing short of a feeding frenzy out there. See my earlier post re dealing on Monday. The rate changed THREE times while I was on the phone. Each time I agreed to a rate they came back to me to say that it had gone down again !
It really is madness !
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

p.s. I know it doesn't help when you are on the wrong end of it!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Betting on a big interest rate cut tomorrow tho. This MAY hit the £ a little against all currencies. Maybe a brief hit tho, against the AU$, the way things are going.
Confused, you will be !
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

You have to have sympathy with these guys. They haven't seen anything like this before. It's nothing short of a feeding frenzy out there. See my earlier post re dealing on Monday. The rate changed THREE times while I was on the phone. Each time I agreed to a rate they came back to me to say that it had gone down again !
It really is madness !

Yeah we went down $12,000 on Mon an expensive phone call - difficult to know what to do. I would just like to change the rest so I can move onto another obsession ! At the mo $5000 off what I would like am I just being greedy or would I miss the excitement !
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice

Will it hit the 3$ is the question before next year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.