Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Dollar - exchange rate?!

Australian Dollar - exchange rate?!

Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

LayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant future
Default Re: Australian Dollar - exchange rate?!

It just hit $2.66 - what is going on???!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BATS666
Sod that ! I'm still holding on for $10 !!!!
err.... make that $2.69 now !
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:41 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

err.... make that $2.69 now !
I saw $2.70..........OK shall we go for $4!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bcworld
I saw $2.70..........OK shall we go for $4!
Nope. $10 or nuthin !
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

LayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant futureLayaboutSi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LayaboutSi
It just hit $2.66 - what is going on???!!
Correction: $2.71
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LayaboutSi
Correction: $2.71
Kerching !!
Forum Regular

MattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really nice

Damn it, I changed some funds to dollars this morning at what I thought was a fantastic 2.51. Just done a quote on OzForex again and they're now offering 2.66! Bah!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

markinhull is an unknown quantity at this point

Me too, but at least it beats the 2.02 of April / May!!!

Mark
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Looks like it peaked briefly at $2.70. back down to $2.68 already. Get some in quick !!
BBC website locked up again. Guess there must be alot of desperate people out there !?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:48 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it peaked briefly at $2.70. back down to $2.68 already. Get some in quick !!
BBC website locked up again. Guess there must be alot of desperate people out there !?
Oxforex have closed to new clients until 13th October
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone watching the man on the ABC 730 report talking about his prognosis for the Aus / world economy - scary stuff!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grayling
Oxforex have closed to new clients until 13th October
No surprise there then.

I was on the phone on Monday desperately trying to change AU$ into US$. Every time they got me a rate they came back a minute later saying that AU$ had dropped and would I accept the new lower rate!! That happened 3 times the rates were changing so quickly. I eventually locked in at what I thought was a crap rate that now looks fantastic !!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Rout over....back down to $2.667.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

Can't get through to any of the money exchange companies had to resort to an e-mail so I can try and lock in (going for $2.70) it been there once today it will get there again
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Reading fan
Can't get through to any of the money exchange companies had to resort to an e-mail so I can try and lock in (going for $2.70) it been there once today it will get there again
Dam this is much better. We have only just applied for a visa but changing our savings now based on 6 months ago would net us an extra AUD$30,000!!! Tempted to do it now...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.