Reload this Page >

Australian Advanced Passenger Processing

Australian Advanced Passenger Processing

Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

llanfachreth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian Advanced Passenger Processing

Hi

I'm trying to check in online for our Singapore Airlines flight and am getting the following message:

"We apologise that we are unable to check you in as you have not cleared Australian Advance Passenger Processing. Please check your passport details and try again."

We have already validated our visas.

I am thinking this may be because one of us is travelling on a new passport which wasn't used to apply for the visa in the first place?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
Old Oct 30th 2010, 9:16 am
PMV
Forum Regular

PMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud of
Default Re: Australian Advanced Passenger Processing

Did you let immigration know about the new passport? As the visa is usually tied to the passport. Hope you get checked in ok.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMV
Did you let immigration know about the new passport? As the visa is usually tied to the passport. Hope you get checked in ok.
No I didn't, do I need to? Or just take the expired passport with the visa label?
Old Oct 30th 2010, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

louiseos is on a distinguished road

My understanding is that if you get a new passport, you have to let IMMI know so that your visa can be linked to this. I don't think its normal practice to bring your old passport to airport as evidence.

Might want to ring IMMI ASAP.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 10:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louiseos
My understanding is that if you get a new passport, you have to let IMMI know so that your visa can be linked to this. I don't think its normal practice to bring your old passport to airport as evidence.

Might want to ring IMMI ASAP.
If you've already validated the visa and then get a new passport you don't need to tell DIAC, you just carry the old passport holding the visa as well as the new one. Many people carry the two as it's easier to get the visa sticker added for free when you're in Australia.

OP, I'd call up Singapore Air and explain the situation to them.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

You can show both your new passport and expired passport (with visa) in order to check in and fly to Australia. I had to do this with Qantas when we moved here, flying Singapore-Perth.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

It was fine.

Thanks all!