Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia..where the bloody hell are ya

Australia..where the bloody hell are ya

Old Aug 15th 2012, 11:39 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia..where the bloody hell are ya

OK.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 11:42 am
Banned

Location: Portsmouth, well I went there once, I think, and Australia
Wendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really nice

And let's not forget the Chinese swimmers. Not only did the Australian coaches get paid in excess of four times what they got for coaching the natives, they got massive bonuses per medal won ($250K gold etc). Then you have the Australian coaches who coached Gold and silver in the womens triathlon from other countries, beating the Aussie lass into Bronze. Add the spams poaching the rowing coach to coach their world record and Olypmic gold winning eights and it borders on farcical. Seriously big money required in Australia to try and get their personnel back but the horse has bolted.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 11:43 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 15th 2012, 11:54 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendee
Rowing, track cycling, womens basketball etc etc. VP scored a coach and a fiance in one hit, she's no dummy.
Did you get dropped as a kid?

I only ask because only someone who had would say something like that! You are trying to imply that Victoria Pendleton decided to actively hunt down a coach to ensure that she wins gold then when she does she quit the sport. Seriously, do yo ever read what you type or is it just something you are repeating off the Jeremy Kyle show?

Last edited by rugbymatt; Aug 15th 2012 at 12:00 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 11:58 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 15th 2012, 12:03 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

That was just part of it. I'm talking about the 'other' funding.
Come on then, what other funding? I only ask because since Sport UK are publicly and charity funded so as such they have to file accounts which are accessible to anyone who is willing to pay for them. So are you saying that HMRC, UKSport, the Government, both Labour and the Tories, all the people involved and all the athletes are colluding?
Old Aug 15th 2012, 12:16 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

And let's not forget the Chinese swimmers. Not only did the Australian coaches get paid in excess of four times what they got for coaching the natives, they got massive bonuses per medal won ($250K gold etc). Then you have the Australian coaches who coached Gold and silver in the womens triathlon from other countries, beating the Aussie lass into Bronze. Add the spams poaching the rowing coach to coach their world record and Olypmic gold winning eights and it borders on farcical. Seriously big money required in Australia to try and get their personnel back but the horse has bolted.
WTF has that got to do with your conspiracy theories about secrets the rest of us don't know regarding how the the Olympics cost Britain?
Old Aug 15th 2012, 12:23 pm
Banned

Thank goodness, I thought it was just me

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
WTF has that got to do with your conspiracy theories about secrets the rest of us don't know regarding how the the Olympics cost Britain?
Old Aug 15th 2012, 12:38 pm
Straw Man.

Can I just say that if this is becoming the Conspiracy thread that I have it on good authority that Gordon Brown has had a dalliance with a young boy many moons ago and its all being kept quiet as some sort of a control mechanism.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 12:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Can I just say that if this is becoming the Conspiracy thread that I have it on good authority that Gordon Brown has had a dalliance with a young boy many moons ago and its all being kept quiet as some sort of a control mechanism.
I wondered what it was preventing me from voting for him. It all becomes clear after a while.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 12:53 pm
Straw Man.

I wondered what it was preventing me from voting for him. It all becomes clear after a while.
(He's Scottish)

Think I got away with that no?
Old Aug 15th 2012, 1:04 pm
Banned

Wendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really nice

Did you get dropped as a kid?

I only ask because only someone who had would say something like that! You are trying to imply that Victoria Pendleton decided to actively hunt down a coach to ensure that she wins gold then when she does she quit the sport. Seriously, do yo ever read what you type or is it just something you are repeating off the Jeremy Kyle show?
I didn't but it appears you did. Have another read, and maybe learn some basic manners at the same time
Old Aug 15th 2012, 1:07 pm
Straw Man.

I didn't but it appears you did. Have another read, and maybe learn some basic manners at the same time
You said "VP scored a coach and a fiancé in one hit, she's no dummy."

How did I misread that?
Old Aug 15th 2012, 1:10 pm
Banned

You said "VP scored a coach and a fiancé in one hit, she's no dummy."

How did I misread that?
Umm it's true. Google VP Aussie coach and the trouble it caused in the cycling team.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 1:11 pm
Banned

Conspiracy theories? I'll keep knowledge to myself from now on. And some basic manners from yourself wouldn't go astray. There sure are some very rude people here for absolutely no reason.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.