Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia..where the bloody hell are ya

Australia..where the bloody hell are ya

Old Aug 13th 2012, 10:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia..where the bloody hell are ya

Originally Posted by Wendee
Best you don't ask how much the poms spent since '97. if the British public ever find out it will be quite a scandal.
A vast majority of funding came from the National Lottery and do you actually believe the people of Britain have no idea?
Old Aug 13th 2012, 10:18 am
Banned

Location: Portsmouth, well I went there once, I think, and Australia
Wendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really nice

I very much doubt it.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 10:52 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is quite well known how much the Brits have spent, I'm not sure there would be much of a scandal.

Best you don't ask how much the poms spent since '97. if the British public ever find out it will be quite a scandal.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 11:51 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I very much doubt it.
A few years ago Northern Rock, through no fault of the British public went bust, the government bailed them out. Then RBS went bust, we bailed them out, then Barclays, we bailed them out. Bank after bank, company after company went bust, we bailed them out, and they went bust through very little fault of the British public and we, as a people became cynical, depressed and miserable. The London Olympics had billions spent on it, our sportsmen and women got paid money to dedicate their lives and commit themselves to a life of pain, denial and at times real physical hardship and the resulting Olympics gives the country a boost, fills many, if not all, with a renewed sense of National pride without it being labelled as some right wind BNP symbol, we, in Britain realised we're not actually rubbish at organising the worlds biggest event, if we can do that, we can pretty much do anything, and.... and this is really important. The British people realised that despite the Media hell we normally live in we do actually live in a pretty good part of the world and for me, thats money well spent, it certainly made me much happier than bailing the bankers out.

Want to look for a scandal? Try asking where a good percentage of the bail out money went. I know for an absolute fact that not all of it went to pay off the debts, I know for a fact that some of it went to line some peoples pockets and they are far greater figures than the funding for athletes.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 12:22 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
A few years ago Northern Rock, through no fault of the British public went bust, the government bailed them out. Then RBS went bust, we bailed them out, then Barclays, we bailed them out. Bank after bank, company after company went bust, we bailed them out, and they went bust through very little fault of the British public and we, as a people became cynical, depressed and miserable. The London Olympics had billions spent on it, our sportsmen and women got paid money to dedicate their lives and commit themselves to a life of pain, denial and at times real physical hardship and the resulting Olympics gives the country a boost, fills many, if not all, with a renewed sense of National pride without it being labelled as some right wind BNP symbol, we, in Britain realised we're not actually rubbish at organising the worlds biggest event, if we can do that, we can pretty much do anything, and.... and this is really important. The British people realised that despite the Media hell we normally live in we do actually live in a pretty good part of the world and for me, thats money well spent, it certainly made me much happier than bailing the bankers out.

Want to look for a scandal? Try asking where a good percentage of the bail out money went. I know for an absolute fact that not all of it went to pay off the debts, I know for a fact that some of it went to line some peoples pockets and they are far greater figures than the funding for athletes.
Apparently spreading required.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 12:24 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Apparently spreading required.
I bet it is you little minx!
Old Aug 13th 2012, 12:26 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

now that's way out of topic lol
Old Aug 13th 2012, 12:40 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by commonwealth
now that's way out of topic lol
Did you make your own "Forum Monitor" badge or did Sue send you one?
Old Aug 13th 2012, 12:41 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Did you make your own "Forum Monitor" badge or did Sue send you one?
Oh he definitely made his own.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 12:43 pm
Straw Man.

Oh he definitely made his own.
Yeah 'cos Sue doesn't hand them out to just anyone..... you know, like long standing posters....
Old Aug 13th 2012, 12:47 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

you mean posers
Old Aug 13th 2012, 12:54 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Yeah 'cos Sue doesn't hand them out to just anyone..... you know, like long standing posters....
What, like me? You really need to remove that french fry, must be causing a greasy patch
Old Aug 14th 2012, 8:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

I had a chuckle at this. Nothing like rubbing it in, is there.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 11:18 am
Daffyd Duck

I had a chuckle at this. Nothing like rubbing it in, is there.
one of the selling points of the CWG 2018 bid was that Sally Pearson and many overseas athletes train in Gold Coast facilities.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 12:05 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I very much doubt it.
The majority of funding came from the National lottery and this is known by just about everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.