Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia - what you need to know

Australia - what you need to know

Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:52 am
Banned

mono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia - what you need to know

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I don't like weather in the high 30s or low 40s, but I live somewhere that it doesn't reach that, but it is still in Australia. And my weather is better than the UK weather was for me. I see no problem..
You've made that very clear.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:52 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by mono
Incidentally, had an interesting chat with a top Doctor in Melbourne today. Discussed the prescriptions that are available in Australia. Noticed that I can't get the creams that really helped me with my psoriasis back in the UK here in Australia. She said that Australia is 7 or 8 years behind with this stuff (they were using stuff in London when she was working there 8 years ago that is only just becoming available in Australia now) and that it is because the companies that make the stuff have a hard time getting things past the government's generally quite over-the-top stringent rules and regs. .
Try Calendulis Plus Cream, it really is excellent for Eczema and Psoriasis.
Made by a Qld Company. Cleared up my daughters problem, not free like in the UK, but it worked.

Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:53 am
ABCDiamond

You've made that very clear.
You have also made your views VERY clear, but with changing peoples words to help yourself along.

Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:56 am
Banned

mono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond repute

Try Calendulis Plus Cream, it really is excellent for Eczema and Psoriasis.
Made by a Qld Company. Cleared up my daughters problem, not free like in the UK, but it worked.
Already seen a Doctor, one of Australia's best - probably why she was very balanced about the pro's and con's of Australia and wasn't on a relentless mission to cast Australia as the eternal good guy.

Thanks for the tip but I have a chronic condition. Things like that (over the counter stuff) works okay for people with a bit of eczema but if you have true psoriasis you need something much stronger!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:57 am
Banned

You have also made your views VERY clear, but with changing peoples words to help yourself along.
You mention that you used to not like Australia so much. Similar to my Aunt who has been here 30 years. It's interesting to note how people often end up going way too far the other way as a means of coping/compensating/sticking it out. Seen the same thing with her.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 5:02 am
ABCDiamond

This is the kind of thing that makes you look silly and defensive about Australia. Of course people know where Australia is but perhaps when they live there they begin to find that it's a pain to have to fly several hours to pretty much any destination.

Also, I wasn't talking about a comparison in flying time to LA. If you are not aware that the UK is near a lot more places than Australia is then you are fool. If you are aware of that, then you have to realise that you have no point.
But it is YOU that said that Australia is "Long way from absolutely everywhere."

You didn't say from Most places, you said absolutely everywhere.

Of course I am aware that the UK is nearer to a lot more places than Australia is. But if it was a problem to me I wouldn't have moved back here again.

Tell me where your everywhere is ? It obviously doesn't include LA then!
Back up your statement, instead of calling people who think you are wrong fools.
it's a pain to have to fly several hours to pretty much any destination.
In the UK, we used to fly several hours to go on overseas holidays, what is the difference ?

Old Jan 25th 2010, 5:07 am
ABCDiamond

You mention that you used to not like Australia so much. Similar to my Aunt who has been here 30 years. It's interesting to note how people often end up going way too far the other way as a means of coping/compensating/sticking it out. Seen the same thing with her.
If it was a case of 'coping/compensating/sticking it out' why did I come back.

Not content with changing my words, you really are clutching at straws now.

You mention "going way too far the other way"... read my comments carefully.

I say I like it here, I know the best places to shop here, I have found an area with great weather, etc., is that really going too far ?

Would you prefer only the negatives of Australia to be heard ?
Do the positives really hurt that much ?

Old Jan 25th 2010, 5:08 am
Banned

If it was a case of 'coping/compensating/sticking it out' why did I come back.

Not content with changing my words, you really are clutching at straws now.

You mention "going way too far the other way"... read my comments carefully.

I say I like it here, I know the best places to shop here, I have found an area with great weather, etc., is that really going too far ?

Would you prefer only the negatives of Australia to be heard ?
Do the positives really hurt that much ?
Would you prefer only the positives of Australia to be heard?
Do the negatives really hurt that much?

It would seem so.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 5:09 am
Banned

Beg your pardon, I was confused there.

You don't think there are any negatives.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 5:14 am
ABCDiamond

Already seen a Doctor, one of Australia's best - probably why she was very balanced about the pro's and con's of Australia and wasn't on a relentless mission to cast Australia as the eternal good guy.

Thanks for the tip but I have a chronic condition. Things like that (over the counter stuff) works okay for people with a bit of eczema but if you have true psoriasis you need something much stronger!
If you had seen the photo of my daughter, that has been shown on here, you would not say "a bit of eczema".

Old Jan 25th 2010, 5:16 am
ABCDiamond

Beg your pardon, I was confused there.

You don't think there are any negatives.
The positives outweigh the negatives, which I have said many times.
You must read carefully.
I can what causes your confusion.

Old Jan 25th 2010, 5:17 am
Banned

The positives outweigh the negatives, which I have said many times.
You must read carefully.
I can what causes your confusion.
But every time a negative is offered, you try to spin it as either untrue or as a positive. If you concur that there are negatives, why always seek to disprove them?
Old Jan 25th 2010, 5:20 am
ABCDiamond

But every time a negative is offered, you try to spin it as either untrue or as a positive. If you concur that there are negatives, why always seek to disprove them?
Because most things in life can be fixed. And fixing things is much better for the mental health than fixating on the problems caused.

If people choose that course of life, they spend all their lifes energy just complaining about things, being negative and not enjoying life.

Old Jan 25th 2010, 5:21 am
ABCDiamond

But every time a negative is offered, you try to spin it as either untrue
Oh yes, and of course, sometimes they are just untrue

Old Jan 25th 2010, 5:23 am
Banned

Oh yes, and of course, sometimes they are just untrue
But it's not sometimes with you, is it.

Earlier you were trying to argue that Australia's isolation isn't in fact a problem because the flying time to LA is only slightly longer than London to LA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.