Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Australia still the land of milk and honey?

Is Australia still the land of milk and honey?

Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:19 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Australia still the land of milk and honey?

Originally Posted by abner
Sarcasm is obviously lost on "the troubadour", despite his/her 6000+ post count.
You are a quick learner Grasshopper

You will go far
Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway back on topic. Definitely no Land of Milk and Honey. The extra spending on mental health further signs of 'excessive strain' in the community . So much in the work place is around
mental health issues. Too often around work issues (Australians being among the most hours worked in the world) But also insecurity of work. Not to mention bullying .

Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Anyway back on topic. Definitely no Land of Milk and Honey. The extra spending on mental health further signs of 'excessive strain' in the community . So much in the work place is around
mental health issues. Too often around work issues (Australians being among the most hours worked in the world) But also insecurity of work. Not to mention bullying .
Still not hearing how you're able to judge someone's visa status just by looking at them...
Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Like I said, not your fault

It must be tough living in an English-speaking country when English is not your first language. In your case it definitely shows

I just want to add that your English is better than my German!
It must be hard for you to come to terms with those that articulate with the fluency I do, with you not being able to get away with outrageous statements,
being called for accountability, with ideological bias constantly challenged.

Probably the worst thing being the delusional thinking of thoughts of superiority. All so sad.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You are a quick learner Grasshopper

You will go far
You mean further than you? But really that's not very far. Own up, is it?
Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Still not hearing how you're able to judge someone's visa status just by looking at them...
Probably because there are in excess of a million workers on temp visa's in Australia (was 1.5 + million, with
Corona likely declined) As well as being employed in large numbers, not speaking a lot of English with a 'foreman'
translating. But don't worry yourself, I accept to difficult to resonate with you. That's fine.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

It must be hard for you to come to terms with those that articulate with the fluency I do, with you not being able to get away with outrageous statements,
being called for accountability, with ideological bias constantly challenged.

Probably the worst thing being the delusional thinking of thoughts of superiority. All so sad.
"Fluency"?!? You have a hard time composing grammatically-correct sentences:

"The extra spending on mental health further signs of 'excessive strain' in the community ."

"I accept to difficult to resonate with you."

I suspect we have a Russian troll-farm-bot here...

Last edited by abner; Jul 8th 2020 at 4:39 am.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's impressive all right
But I could present masquerading as a wet kipper and you'd be impressed.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

"Fluency"?!? You have a hard time composing grammatically-correct sentences:

"The extra spending on mental health further signs of 'excessive strain' in the community ."

"I accept to difficult to resonate with you."
Oh boohoo. Yes fluency. I don't necessary labour over grammar on a forum, but in debate and defense of what I write, Not the nit picking of the presumed
nationality, spelling or cheap attempts at under mining another, simply because lodge an argument to support position.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh boohoo. Yes fluency. I don't necessary labour over grammar on a forum, but in debate and defense of what I write, Not the nit picking of the presumed
nationality, spelling or cheap attempts at under mining another, simply because lodge an argument to support position.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A simple knee on ground and recall of recent landed status should allow us all to move on.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

Yea I notice that, even in New Zealand especially in the construction industry the average work hours per week is 45-50. However it is also one of the least productive countries. What gets done in the UK and Ireland in a 38-40 hour week gets done in a 45-50 hour week here. The idea that more work hours equals higher productivity has been proven to be false time and time again. All that happens when faced with a longer work week is that people spread it out to avoid fatigue. There is a reason the average work week in some of the most productive countries is 36-40.

You would think with all the good weather in this part of the world they would want to enjoy it lol.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 9:57 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Well tell your friend if fits description, with the wiliness to work for money on offer to contact me through this forum and I can give details to sites in my approximately.
With the virus, and few international flights, those that would have come in direct through labour hire companies from Asia , are unlikely to be doing so.
Hence possibly happy days for 'your friend'.
Were you drunk when you wrote this?
Old Jul 8th 2020, 11:42 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

But I could present masquerading as a wet kipper and you'd be impressed.
Damn straight I would

I'd even pay to see that!
Old Jul 9th 2020, 4:45 am
Proudly Deplorable

It must be hard for you to come to terms with those that articulate with the fluency I do
Computer says no

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.