Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia - The Right to Leave

Australia - The Right to Leave

Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:21 am
JKA
Forum Regular

JKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the rough
Default Australia - The Right to Leave

This is an email I received which I thought you might like.

Australia- The Right to Leave>>
>>Our Country - YOU Have the right - the right to leave !
>>
>>After Sydney not wanting to offend other cultures by putting up Xmas
>>lights.
>>
>>After hearing that the State of South Australia changed its opinion and
>>let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her
>>face covered.
>>
>>This prompted this editorial written by an Australian citizen.
>>Published in an Australian newspaper.
>>
>>Quote:
>>
>>IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It
>>I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some
>>individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we
>>have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.
>>
>>However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the
>>"politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility
>>that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration,
>>nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by
>>coming to Australia.
>>
>>However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to
>>our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.
>>
>>This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only
>>to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians, we
>>have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own
>>lifestyle.
>>
>>This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials
>>and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.
>>
>>We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese,
>>Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part
>>of our society, Learn the language!
>>
>>"In God We Trust" is our National Motto. This is not some Christian,
>>right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian
>>men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this
>>is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on
>>the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you
>>consider another part of the world as your new home, Because God is
>>part of
>>our culture.
>>
>>If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like " A Fair Go",
>>then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this
>>planet.
>>
>>We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, And we
>>really don't care how you did things where you came from.
>>
>>This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you
>>every opportunity to enjoy all this.
>>
>>But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag,
>>Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage
>>you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,
>>
>>"THE RIGHT TO LEAVE".
>>
>>If you aren't happy here then f#@* off! We didn't force you to come
>>here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.
>>Pretty easy really, when you think about it.
>>
>>I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it
>>will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers,
>>lets all try, please.

Personally, I totally agree.

John
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Theresa, Ian & Tim is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Australia - The Right to Leave

Dear John
Totally agree 100% with this article.
Theresa
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316619
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:36 am
ABCDiamond

The bit that said: ">>"In God We Trust" is our National Motto" made me think that it was American.

So I googled a few words and found:

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT! at
http://w3f.com/patriots/immigration.html

I must admit that a number of Middle East countries do feel the same way, and insist that visitors etc, adapt to their ways, eg: Females covering up etc etc.

Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:37 am
scoobydoo

What a load of intolerant rubbish that is...reminds me of BNP style cr@p.

Old Aug 7th 2005, 10:06 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Theres something about it that says I'm a racist, though I'm a "good" racist. I suspect it is very cleverly designed to promote intolerance.

I agree with some of its sentiments. I think that political correctness has gone mad. I see schools not being able to celebrate christmas in the way that they have for many years. The reason given is that it may offend some that do not believe in it. Have we not had Jehovis (sp) Witnesses in our schools for many a year?

People should accept the customs of the country that they live in and the people of the country that they live in should accept that other people have different customs.No individual should be able to prevent any others from celebrating a custom.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 10:19 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scoobydoo
What a load of intolerant rubbish that is...reminds me of BNP style cr@p.
what a load of crap,everyone gets classed as a rasist today if they dare to speak out of line
Old Aug 7th 2005, 10:26 am
scoobydoo

Originally Posted by jonni boy
what a load of crap,everyone gets classed as a rasist today if they dare to speak out of line

At least we are allowed free speach and can speak out of line...each to their own opinions, don't you think!

Old Aug 7th 2005, 10:58 am
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by scoobydoo
At least we are allowed free speach and can speak out of line...each to their own opinions, don't you think!
I'm curious.

I wonder if you're the type of person that also thinks that freedom of speech covers people having the 'right' to insight others into terrorist acts or thoughts through their 'right' of freedom of speech...

Ridiculous.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HUP
Theres something about it that says I'm a racist, though I'm a "good" racist. I suspect it is very cleverly designed to promote intolerance.

I agree with some of its sentiments. I think that political correctness has gone mad. I see schools not being able to celebrate christmas in the way that they have for many years. The reason given is that it may offend some that do not believe in it. Have we not had Jehovis (sp) Witnesses in our schools for many a year?

People should accept the customs of the country that they live in and the people of the country that they live in should accept that other people have different customs.No individual should be able to prevent any others from celebrating a custom.

I'm with HUP on this.

I dont like the way its worded, but if you chuck out the aggressiveness and get to the bones of it, theres a lot of sense in most of it.

What gets me very angry is the inability to discuss ANYTHING surrounding this issue without someone screaming "racist" and intolerance.
What is intolerant about allowing people of any race creed or colour, come to settle in your land as long as they abide by our laws?
What is wrong with demanding you dont descriminate against not only the immigrants but the "natives" by not allowing them to live their lives as THEY want too for fear of upsetting a foreign culture?
What is wrong with demanding unquivicably (sp) that anyone choosing to live in our country does not incite violence, hatred and terrorism against ALL of its citizens?

Scoobydoo and anyon else, what is racist about that?
Old Aug 7th 2005, 12:07 pm
Banned

Fuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JKA
Personally, I totally agree.

John
Well maybe you should leave.

What a load of intolerant racist crap this is, disgusting.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 12:08 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by HUP
Agreed.

Any other thing is some faction jumping on the bandwagon to prove a cause.
On the other thread people were jumping down people's throats - unjustifably when people were talking about skilled migrants - skilled migration is diffrent to unskilled migration or asylum. Some people were bringing out the racist card. Australia attempts to screen migrants in a more active manner - UK doesn't it. No amount of vitrolic will change that. Asylum seekers another matter.

Badge

Old Aug 7th 2005, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Storini will become famous soon enoughStorini will become famous soon enough

The Swiss have a very firm approach to acquiring citizenship. You can't just acquire it by sticking around for a couple of years and then turning up at a ceremony. You have to demonstrate that you have taken on Swiss values and become integrated into the community (http://switzerland.isyours.com/e/imm...n/citizenship/ ).

Further, in some Swiss cantons all the existing resident citizens are entitled vote on whether you should in fact receive citizenship, and veto it if they so choose. That's what I call real local democracy, and something like that is needed in UK and Oz.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 12:40 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
I'm with HUP on this.

I dont like the way its worded, but if you chuck out the aggressiveness and get to the bones of it, theres a lot of sense in most of it.

What gets me very angry is the inability to discuss ANYTHING surrounding this issue without someone screaming "racist" and intolerance.
What is intolerant about allowing people of any race creed or colour, come to settle in your land as long as they abide by our laws?
What is wrong with demanding you dont descriminate against not only the immigrants but the "natives" by not allowing them to live their lives as THEY want too for fear of upsetting a foreign culture?
What is wrong with demanding unquivicably (sp) that anyone choosing to live in our country does not incite violence, hatred and terrorism against ALL of its citizens?
I'm agree with HUP to, but he will be surprised as it doesn't happen much

And no, in principal its not racist (the wording could perhaps do with some jiggling to least offend the more sensitive)

The last paragraph you wrote though makes me feel a bit uncomfy, i wonder how the indigenous population here felt a little over 200 years ago :scared:
Old Aug 7th 2005, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hevs
I'm agree with HUP to, but he will be surprised as it doesn't happen much

And no, in principal its not racist (the wording could perhaps do with some jiggling to least offend the more sensitive)

The last paragraph you wrote though makes me feel a bit uncomfy, i wonder how the indigenous population here felt a little over 200 years ago :scared:

You have a very fair and valid point there, and i agree. Thing is, theres not much we can do about past mistakes, only learn from them.
I dont agree with all the points made in the OP either, but there never seems to be any scope to discuss the middle ground or have a sensible debate on the subject.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.