Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia House, London: open for visas?

Australia House, London: open for visas?

Old Jan 11th 2004, 5:57 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australia House, London: open for visas?

After reading here that Oz House has changed it's policy I visited their site. It is not clear whether you can make a personal visit in order to get the sticker in your passport or whether they don't accept ANY visits now.

Anyone know?

If we do get visas we intend for various reasons to fly from the US to the Uk for a few days and get them evidenced: it would be a bit of a b*gg*r to find we can't!
Old Jan 11th 2004, 6:07 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australia House, London: open for visas?

Originally posted by Rog Williams
After reading here that Oz House has changed it's policy I visited their site. It is not clear whether you can make a personal visit in order to get the sticker in your passport or whether they don't accept ANY visits now.

Anyone know?

If we do get visas we intend for various reasons to fly from the US to the Uk for a few days and get them evidenced: it would be a bit of a b*gg*r to find we can't!
We were told not to go in person because they dont offer counter service anymore We sent ours special delivery with a return envlelope included and it took 4 days to get them back. If you have family here you could use their address?!
You could try emailing them to ask if they'll make an exception based on yor circumstances.
Hope thats some help
Old Jan 11th 2004, 7:50 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know?

Why not save the airfare and courier your passports?
Old Jan 12th 2004, 12:43 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Why not save the airfare and courier your passports?
And be in the US with no passports??

No way, Jose!

No, if we can't get them in London we'll see about Washington. Be a nice wintertime trip, eh?

All a bit premature, anyway. Let's see how it goes.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 1:21 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

And be in the US with no passports??

No way, Jose!

No, if we can't get them in London we'll see about Washington. Be a nice wintertime trip, eh?

All a bit premature, anyway. Let's see how it goes.
Is there a counter service in Washington you can use? What is the problem of being a week in the US without a passport?
Old Jan 12th 2004, 11:50 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Hello!

I didn't know that when I went into London to get my visa sticker. I turned up expecting to get my stamp, but instead they took my passport off me and said they'd return it via post within 5 days. Apparently the rules changed Nov 3, 2003.

If you go there you can pay extra for them to return it to you by registered post.

So - I guess the only thing you save by going in yourself is the risk of your passport getting lost on the way there.

W.