Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia has changed me

Australia has changed me

Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Australia has changed me

Originally Posted by worzel
Nah, heard nothing since they got the dev approval.

Not even seen sign of any work on the shops yet and that was supposed to start months ago otherwise we could have sat on the wall with Vodka Ice and called the old grannies names.
And no need for you to catch the train every Friday after a good drinking sessh if the pub was on your doorstep!
But we are in wait awhile country afterall...........and maybe i wouldn't be sat here on BE chatting married men up when i could be in the pub chatting them up instead
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:08 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
And no need for you to catch the train every Friday after a good drinking sessh if the pub was on your doorstep!
But we are in wait awhile country afterall...........and maybe i wouldn't be sat here on BE chatting married men up when i could be in the pub chatting them up instead
I didn't realise you were chatting me up How you doin?!

I take your point about getting trains into the city but look at it the other way. If we had a pub locally I would have to spend an hour getting the train home before I could start drinking rather than being there 3 minutes from leaving the office
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I didn't realise you were chatting me up How you doin?!

I take your point about getting trains into the city but look at it the other way. If we had a pub locally I would have to spend an hour getting the train home before I could start drinking rather than being there 3 minutes from leaving the office
Why you not out tonight?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:16 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Why you not out tonight?
I was. Came home at a decent hour for a change. I reckon I am not doing a bad attempt at typing in the circumstances!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

I was. Came home at a decent hour for a change. I reckon I am not doing a bad attempt at typing in the circumstances!
Decent hour!!!jeez i used to go out at this time, home for 6am.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:21 pm
A former regular of BE

Decent hour!!!jeez i used to go out at this time, home for 6am.
You are in WA now! Adjust your clock forward an hour or so (or 5).

I got in trouble the other week for coming home at 3am. To be fair, I generally neck my first one just after 4pm so that is a good old effort.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

I got in trouble the other week for coming home at 3am. To be fair, I generally neck my first one just after 4pm so that is a good old effort.
3am..tut, tut, bet you were looking for those stinky minges
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:40 pm
A former regular of BE

3am..tut, tut, bet you were looking for those stinky minges
The last hour was looking for a taxi! I know a few places in Northbridge where you can find a sweet-smelling powdered minge (look but don't touch or the bouncer will break your legs) and can think of a few more when you are likely to find smelly ones - especially after 3 hours on the dance floor Fancy a second job?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:43 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

When I went to the Gold Coast I was amazed/appalled at how sexist the aussie blokes were. My mates hubby would go out drinking till late and expect his wife to put up with it.

If she did the same he would go mad, she looked after their son and the bloke would go drinking.

It really was one rule for him and another for his wife. I said to Mr PP that I have the same rights as he does and he had better get any ideas to say otherwise out of his head

Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:46 pm
Account Closed

The last hour was looking for a taxi! I know a few places in Northbridge where you can find a sweet-smelling powdered minge (look but don't touch or the bouncer will break your legs) and can think of a few more when you are likely to find smelly ones - especially after 3 hours on the dance floor Fancy a second job?
Oi you cheeky sod!

Still not been to Northbridge, but i will one day. Then i'll let you know what i think.
I was back in Leeds afew weeks ago. Believe me, i made up for lost drinking time.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 12:56 pm
A former regular of BE

Oi you cheeky sod!

Still not been to Northbridge, but i will one day. Then i'll let you know what i think.
I was back in Leeds afew weeks ago. Believe me, i made up for lost drinking time.
I'd love to take you and some of the other Northbridge virgins that say Perth is dull out on a Friday night and show you what it is all about. It would make your hair curl!

Didn't realise you had been back to the dark side. How did that feel? Does it have a bearing on you feeling more settled here now?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

I'd love to take you and some of the other Northbridge virgins that say Perth is dull out on a Friday night and show you what it is all about. It would make your hair curl!

Didn't realise you had been back to the dark side. How did that feel? Does it have a bearing on you feeling more settled here now?
Darkside give over!!
Yes went back for 3 weeks in October. Twas wonderful. Felt exactly the same to be back. You see i never left because i was unhappy. Hubby's job brought us here.
My daughter stayed in UK, wouldn't come back here with us. So now i am torn. Stay or go??? Got til August to decide. So going to enjoy myself while i can.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:05 pm
A former regular of BE

Darkside give over!!
Yes went back for 3 weeks in October. Twas wonderful. Felt exactly the same to be back. You see i never left because i was unhappy. Hubby's job brought us here.
My daughter stayed in UK, wouldn't come back here with us. So now i am torn. Stay or go??? Got til August to decide. So going to enjoy myself while i can.
By Darkside you could take that to be east of the Pennines rather than the UK.

I didn't realise about your daughter - that must make it hard. Hypothetical question - if she would go here or there to suit you how would that change your attitude to Australia?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully a beer or two in 08 Worzel ?

Dave
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:14 pm
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by mindblower
Hopefully a beer or two in 08 Worzel ?

Dave
Defo! But remember what happens on tour stays on tour, and the same goes for Northbridge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.